I am seeking a full-time, entry-level position in customer service environment where I can contribute the skills I have acquired through my studies and previous work experience. I have completed my diploma in Electrical Engineering recently. I would love the opportunity to apply and develop my skills by involving myself with the industry and I believe the learning on a day-to-day basis, along with the experience I have acquired by doing volunteering and working in New Zealand will help me to move forward.
● Communication: Able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people
● Customer service: Experience putting the customer first at all times, developing quick rapport with clients and colleagues.
● Presentation: Strong presentation and demonstrating skills. Confident, articulate and with excellent public speaking abilities.
● Technical: Experience working under the supervision of a registered electrician, completing tasks such as: general wiring, lighting installation, and ventilation ducting.
● Computer skills: Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and sound computer literacy.
● Bilingual: Fluent in English and Bangla (Bengali), and some understand of Hindi.
● Teamwork: Able to work as part of a team towards a unified goal, or happy to complete tasks autonomously.
Volunteer Assistant Electrician November 2016 – June 2017
Assisting the registered electrician to carry out a variety of tasks. These include: general wiring, light installation and ventilation ducting.
oGeneral wiring – both the installation of new household electrical wiring, and renovating existing panel.
oLight installation – installing a variety of lights
Nandoca Jun 2016 - January 2017
Nandos, 360 Queens street
Providing customers with excellent service for the duration of their time in the restaurant, receiving orders and serving customers.
Preparing a variety of food items, plating the finished dish
Processing payment using cash and EFTPOS
Shift supervisor January 2017- march 2019
Manage shift rosters and ensure full coverage
Front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedure
Coordinating with the head office as necessary
Distributes the duties to all other nandocas
Make and Execute a shift plan
Nandos Henderson March 2019- present
The Assistant Manager in our restaurants is a Leadership role and you are expected to lead the pack in all that you do and be a role model at your restaurant and amongst your teammates. You lead by example and strive to consistently meet customer expectations during your shifts by delivering outstanding product and fantastic service in a clean restaurant. You will maintain operational standards during this time including the food control plan and health and safety following all company policy and procedures. Other areas of responsibility include:
Run your restaurant from the front back ensuring full attention to the customers experience Engage your customers often building relationships through conversation Promoting teamwork to enable your team to achieve your Restaurant’s goals; Ensuring staff are customer-oriented, friendly, courteous and responsive to customer needs; Ensure that you give recognition and genuine appreciation to your staff during your shifts Control Labour and Gross Profit through effective management Assisting with training of staff as directed by the Manager. Use the opening and closing checklists, action plans, shift plans, cleaning rosters, current hazards, temperature log sheets, cook logs and all other operational policy and procedures daily.
NZ Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) Level 6 Feb 2016 – Jul 2017
Queens academic Group
Visa status: essential work visa: This entitles me to work full time in New Zealand for my current employer
Marine and Engineer Surveyor
SGS New Zealand Ltd