Brooklyn, NY *****
FILE CLERK//MAIL CLERK// RECORD CLERK
Willing to relocate to: Manhattan, NY - Brooklyn, NY - Bronx, NY Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Medical Records Clerk
Medreview - New York, NY
July 2014 to June 2015
• Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
• Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
• Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
• Assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), using appropriate computer software.
• Record patient medical histories in data base, processing C.D. electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications.
FCI Federal - New York, NY
February 2012 to September 2013
Sorted internal mail and delivered it to destination within large office buildings, using a cart to carry the mail between offices.
Prepared outgoing mail for delivery to the post office and determined if the mail is to be sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first or fourth class, and sort by zip code.
Operated machine that collated, folded, and inserted material into enveloped for mailing, postage and mail labels track the amount of money expended on postage.
Responsible for sorting and filing mail; photocopy and fax legal documents.
Used computers to keep records of incoming or outgoing items. Filling Clerk
Social Security Administration - Jamaica, NY
November 2010 to December 2010
• Filed records in alphabetical and numerical order, and according to subject matter.
• Incoming material and sorted it according to file system.
Kept records of material removed and stamped material received.
Placed cards, forms, microfiche and other material in storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, drawers and boxes.
Verified accuracy of material to be filed.
Collected and distributed paperwork, such as records and timecards, from one department to another.
Senior Mail Clerk
New York Automobile Insurance Plan (AIPSO) - New York, NY February 1994 to November 2009
Sorted mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders and payments.
Readdressed undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address.
Distributed and collected mail.
Operated and utilized mailroom equipment; postage meter, mail sorting machines, scanners, mail sealers and folding machine.
Ran company errands outside of office when needed.
Provided customer service to clients regarding claim numbers. Education
Touro College - New York, NY
Basic Computer Skills (Less than 1 year), Mail clerk (10+ years), filling Clerk, Clerical, Medical Records, Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Office
Med. Rec. clerk