Key Talents and Skills
Vocational talents and skills
• Planning and managing large, high-profile initiatives, programs and projects, including the RFP process.
• Leading cross-functional teams, including outside vendor-partners.
• Research, and discovering opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
• Applying change-management principles to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and greater proficiency.
• Experience with MS Office, Visio, Outlook, MS Project, Wrike, Asana, Smartsheet, Trello. Personal talents and skills
• Strategic, Futuristic, Goal-oriented, Customer- and End User-focused
• Collaborative, Organized, Productive, Creative, Patient Listener, Perceptive
• Responsible, Conscientious, Persistent, Flexible, Adaptable, Coachable Learner Myers-Briggs: INTJ; DISC: CSDI; True Colors in order: Gold, Blue/Green, Orange; StrengthsFinder 2.0:
• Responsibility “People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme ... take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.”
• Strategic “…create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.”
• Futuristic “… inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.”
• Maximizer “… focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.”
• Belief “… have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.” Principal Successes
• Led a complex and detailed semiannual, IT- and print-based product-development program, streamlining processes and improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Project leader for major projects, including a website redesign, and implementations of a CRM system, two learning management systems and two student information systems.
• Introduced to an organization the use of my “Project Success Plan” scope-management tool to efficiently and effectively document and guide the work on major initiatives.
• Performed requirements analysis, planned and managed the company-wide implementation of their first learning management system (and first use of online training), including significant corporate cultural change.
• Designed, developed and implemented a blended-learning training program for sales and sales management staffs. Formal Education and Professional Development
• Master of Management, Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI
• Bachelor of Arts/Marketing, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
• Mager Training Director Workshop
• Karrass Effective Negotiating
• Xerox Professional Selling Skills
• Various classes/courses/workshops
• Self-study – Prosci’s ADKAR and other change management methodologies Dean Leutscher, PMP
email@example.com 616-***-**** linkedin.com/in/deanleutscher Dean Leutscher, PMP
Leader of major initiatives, programs and projects firstname.lastname@example.org 616-***-**** linkedin.com/in/deanleutscher Dean Leutscher Page 2 of 2
• Only primary and most recent on-staff and on-contract roles are shown below.
• Chronological gaps shown were filled with on-contract work; a comprehensive list of my projects/clients is available Project Manager (On-staff)
Michigan Virtual, Lansing, Michigan; January 2016 to June 2019 I planned, implemented and evaluated projects according to established deliverables, success measurements, deadlines and budgets, contributing my unique experience, talents and skills using common standards and methodology. Working on a variety of projects, I helped my teams achieve their goals by gathering requirements, identifying, acquiring and allocating resources, facilitating the efforts of team members, maintaining scope, mitigating risk, reporting on status and evaluating project results.
Project Manager (On-contract)
Metagenics (Amway), Aliso Viejo, CA; December 2013 – February 2014
• Project management for a major marketing initiative, including branding, retail site selection and build out, marketing communications, public relations and training.
Project Manager and Learning Consultant (On-contract) Amway Corporation, Grand Rapids, MI; November 2011 – October 2012
• Project management and performance-based learning consulting on major capital equipment projects through Manufacturing’s Technical Support Organization (TSO). Program/Project Manager (On-contract)
Amway Corporation, Grand Rapids, MI; September – December 2007, March 2008 – May 2011 Initiated, planned, implemented and evaluated high-profile Marketing Communication projects; worked with cross- functional teams and outside vendor-partners. Dozens of projects, including:
• $6 million product-development program (catalogs) for digital media and print – the centerpiece communication tools for Amway Independent Business Owners/Distributors); four catalogs, 38 SKUs, seven languages, two cycles/year
• Product-launch communications for digital media and print: Weight Management and eSpring water systems
• Program communications for digital media and print: Personal Accents jewelry and Ribbon gift album Manager, Performance Development/Training (On-staff) Universal Forest Products, Grand Rapids, MI; June 2001 – February 2003
• Planned strategies, developed programs, and managed projects for 7000+ employees at 90+ locations throughout North America
• Selected and implemented a Learning Management System, and introduced Web-based training to the company
• Designed, developed and implemented training curriculums, blending Web-based, classroom and on-the-job training. Also served as class facilitator
Instructional Designer and Project Manager (On-staff) Interactive Learning Systems, Battle Creek, MI; June 1998 – April 1999 Needs analysis, instructional design, writing and project management on a variety of training programs Matrix organization, PMP, agile, waterfall, change, travel, home-based, c-suite, design thinking, ADKAR