** ******* ****, ****** **, 48370
Experience automotive assembly processing, reporting, quality assurance to customer standards and management of document control. Extensive background in development and creation of written and electronic procedures/manuals. Experience in producing and delivering training material including classroom and web based training. Work History:
TI Automotive, Auburn Hills MI Technical Writer and Data Specialist May 2013 - present Work Description:
• Document Control of technical standards, quality control and accreditation adherence.
• Manage, write and edit technical reports obtained from test data, observation and feedback from engineers and other applicable parties to customer specifications.
• Control and manage quality documents for North American test laboratories.
• Performs audits of data before submission to customers.
• Provide support in documenting globalization of applicable technology.
• Create and maintain KPIs; on time delivery, completeness and quality.
• Migration of all laboratory documents from ISO 17025:2005 to ISO 17025:2017
• Responsible for global communization of standards, best practices meetings.
• Understands, organizes and edits test data from multiple sources into concise documentation according to set standards (order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology).
• SharePoint administrator for test request systems, including:
- Created/ North America testing systems in SharePoint request system - Test request database management, access - Workflow maintenance - Department metrics generation - Systems integration and enhancements
• Responsible for document review and control:
- ISO 17025 - Customer/Product specifications - Test Reports - Create and maintain internal work instructions / methods and forms Tweddle Group, Clinton Township MI Technical Writer June 2008 – May 2013 Work Description:
• Assessed skills and work process to create a development plan for employees in Japan.
• Create and update owner’s manuals for Nissan Automotive using engineering drawings and information and other documentation provided by client.
• Research and document changes from model year to model year
• Created tools for effectively projecting and managing projects and due dates.
• Travel to assembly plants during pre-production vehicle builds to conduct on vehicle validation for clear and exact representation of necessary changes from past model year
• Produce and document changes sent from customer for necessary updates to manuals.
• Created a tracking for total the number of late and on-time performance. Sun Communities Inc., Southfield MI Technical Writer/Trainer November 2006 – June 2008 Work Description:
• Create, revise and maintain online operations and user manuals for employees
• Train all new field managers on software in classroom environment
• Maintain, create and support software for off-site users
• Support user calls to expedite resolution to problems
• Create and update user website with training material
• Update intranet material with job aids, updated schedules, and enter new users for web based training
• Create new documentation from testing, for flawless transitions when changes occur
• Conduct CBT and WBT for field employees
• Collaborate with Programming and Development to perform program testing and debugging as new changes are made to software
Bartech Group, Livonia MI Coordinator, March 2006 – November 2006 Work Description:
• Document changes from suppliers for all General Motors Plant facilities.
• Organize and create monthly reports of all activities for each facility, and user activity
• Train and create material for new users for new processes.
• Facilitate with engineering, assembly plants, suppliers, and purchasing for flawless changes within General Motors plants and assembly locations. Gonzalez Contract Services, Troy MI Process Engineer, July 1996 – December 2005 Work Description:
• Organize, evaluate and comprehend engineering documentation, such as drawing, specifications, photographs, and electronic math data to accurately develop assembly instructions.
• Write/create technical documentation showing guidelines for assembly procedures.
• Exercise creation judgment in creation of documentation when conflicting assembly issues evolve in plant.
• Train workforce in computer related tools from internal changes in software and departmental upgrades
• Able to clearly read, manipulate and understand drawing specification and electronic math data provided from engineers and designers.
• Interface with engineers, analyses, manufacturing, and designers to produce best practice for assembly sequences
• Work as liaison to preserve relations with assembly plants. Education:
Baker College - Bachelors of Business Leadership
September 2004 - March 2006 Clinton Township, MI Major: Business GPA: 3.7 Honors: Magna cum Laude
Oakland Community College
Major: Communication Speech: GPA 4.0
Macomb Community College
June 1996 – May 1998 Warren, MI Degree: Associates in Applied Science 1998, GPA: 3.3 Certificate in Technical Illustration, 1998 Certificate in Cooperative Education, 1998