Robert J. Zabransky, Jr.
Wyckoff, NJ 07481 linkedin.com/in/rzabransky86
Results-driven, a highly engaged team member with years of experience in diversified manufacturing environments, with wide-ranging expertise in scheduling and production planning. Demonstrated the ability to work well with internal and external customers to promote cost savings and reduction in delivery lead times. As a team player working to foster company objectives by delivering quality products on time, while handling a lot of diverse responsibilities.
Workplace Safety Oracle ERP
Ask-Ask Man ERP 6S Manufacturing Tools
Analyzing Service Level / Lead Time Cost Reduction for Parts
Problem-Solving Skills Microsoft Excel/Word
Production Concepts (MTO and MTS) Label Creation using Prsym Software Scheduling (Kanban and Lean Manufacturing)
• An established production planning career in inventory control, quoting production orders
• Developed and implemented controls and systems that achieved cost savings through
reduced inventory and more timely shipments for a diversified and high-volume inventory
of parts including resistors, blank PC boards, IC’s and complex Orthopedic Instruments • Over sixteen years in production planning and scheduling with the ASK-MAN-MAN
software and more than thirteen years in Oracle Manufacturing systems in computerized
material requirements planning (MRP).
• Wrote ISO desk procedures for production planner and was involved with ISO audits as a
Stryker Orthopedics: Mahwah, NJ
5/07 to 8/18 Project Planner (Full-Time)
• Communicated with multiple vendors for quoting on new specialty instruments to get the
best price and lead time.
• Strong organizational skills to successfully managed three high profile jobs simultaneously for
Research & Development.
• Effectively collaborated with R&D to track quarantine items and reduce turn around in 7
days or less.
• Actively implemented new checks to reduce MUV (Material Usage Variance) by 10%.
• Created Requisitions and Purchase Orders for Specialty Orthopedic Instruments for
international and domestic customers.
• Updated open customer orders and production orders in Specialty Instrument Database • Met with R&D engineers on large scale projects and complex new instruments
• Reviewed drawings for all new devices designed by R&D engineers to create Routers, Bills of
Materials, production labels on the outside of instrument package.
• Solidly communicated with multiple vendors to reduce lead time from 60 days to 45 days on
• Created PowerPoint presentations to be presented at vendors quarterly meetings for the
vendors to understand their service level percentage as well on time delivery,
which increased vendor service level from 73% to 90%.
• Worked closely with supplier quality, supplier sourcing and quality assurance, and
regulatory affairs on the release of newly designed specialty instruments
• Actively performed spot audits and QAT in meaningful areas of the specialty instrument
business to drive quality improvements.
• Prioritized manufacturing orders of specialty orthopedic instruments in alignment with
• Closed production work orders for vended specialty instruments to update inventory
Stryker Orthopedics Mahwah, NJ
6/05 to 5/07 Production Planner (Adecco)
• Entering Requisitions and Purchasing Orders for vended material-prototypes
• Adding prototype request forms to the system and maintaining the prototype
• Developed the information on the prototype database for better tracking of jobs
• Meeting with engineers on large scale projects and vendor quality meetings.
• Assisting in assigning prototype requests to technicians or vendors. Review the
technician’s queues for assigning requests
• Designed excel spreadsheets for determining weekly metrics for lead times on research
and prototype development.
• Review shortages with manager where material is needed to meet prototype production.
Timeplex, Inc Hackensack, NJ 11/93-6/03: Supervisor, Production Floor, Production Planner
• Promoted to a supervisory role, assigning duties for test technicians, producing high
levels of productivity through useful managerial capabilities for this leading producer of
high-performance telecommunications equipment for voice/data networks, based on
expertise in production planning.
• Responsible for planning and control of materials for offshore manufacturing facilities.
• Applied attention to detail in monitoring essential numbers to achieve greater access.
• Oversaw the preparation of production and status reports, as well as purchase
• Developed plans for the most appropriate mode of shipment to accommodate the critical
• Accountable for ordering, planning, and shipping customer orders for (OEM) original
BS- Business Administration, Major: Management, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pa