KENNETH L. HOUGHTON, MBA email@example.com
Maplewood, NJ 07040 https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenneth-houghton/ Skilled, team-building Project Management Professional who liaises comfortably between Business leadership and IT personnel to control and deliver Business Process Improvement, System Migration and Implementation, and Regulatory and Risk Management Reporting Solutions. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Prudential, Liquidity Risk Consultant, Newark, NJ September 2018 to April, 2019 Project Manager and Business Analyst for Enterprise Solutions Systems (ESS)
Facilitated and documented User Story Sessions detailing Adjustments for Tax Reporting and Forecasting of Investment products (securities, equities, OTC and Listed derivatives, futures, options, etc.)
Delivered data mappings, Business Requirements (BRD), and Functional Specifications (FSD). Infosys, Senior Consultant, Basking Ridge, NJ April 2017 – August, 2018 Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Subject Matter Expert for Financial Services clients
PM for system migration of Wealth Management (WM) and Custodial clients for UBS Operations IT
Re-designed WM Middle Office Business Process Flow to enhance Liquidity Management and reporting
Validated and enhanced design of Infosys Internal Project Pricing System Credit Suisse, Treasury IT Consultant, New York July 2015 – April, 2017 PM for Funds Transfer Pricing project. BA for Liquidity and Regulatory Reporting projects
As Product Owner and Scrum Master, guided multinational team through Agile Development Cycles to deliver Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) system. Weekly reporting of KPIs via JIRA
Developed Business Case and Presentation for FTP project to consolidate views of sources, uses, valuation, profitability, and capital impairment, including Wealth Management Assets, for CS Treasury
End-to-End (E2E; analysis, design (JAD process), testing (system through UAT), and validation) of Fed
"5G" (2052a) and FR Y-14 reports, including Listed and OTC Derivatives and MBS Product and Liquidity Management Reporting for new IHC entity
Linium, Consulting Project Manager, New Jersey February 2015 - June 2015
Coordinated and documented activities across 20+ Workstreams for top-tier Asset Management firm
Developed Reporting Matrix of key data interfaces and essential expansions of data tables; presented roadmap to C-level Project Stakeholders and Managers Credit Suisse, Treasury IT Consultant, New York May 2012 - December 2014 PM/ BA for Corporate Treasury IT’s Liquidity Risk Management area, concentrating on Derivative Securities.
● E2E management of analysis, design, testing, and validation to create systems for Firm-Wide Liquidity Risk Management Reporting of OTC and Listed Derivatives, including Counterparty and Credit Risk reporting for proprietary and Wealth Management clients
● Asset Valuation and Liquidity Risk Management reporting for U.S. and London-based Regulators (e.g., FSA, FRB) to align with regulatory reporting requirements (e.g., Dodd-Frank, MiFID, 5G, Basel III).
● Developed training materials for technical staff to support Knowledge Management practices
● Used SQL skills to create Excel extracts for analysis and to achieve business goals KENNETH L. HOUGHTON, MBA
2 of 3
Headstrong, Consultant, New York Feb 2010 – April 2012 Provided consulting services for clients such as Morgan Stanley and the Royal Bank of Canada.
● Wealth Management Project Manager for Merger of International Corporate Banking clients.
● Developed BRD and FSD for Business Process Improvement of Cross-product Collateral Management System (Middle Office to General Ledger)
● Wrote Queries and Test Cases for Project Management software upgrades in Wealth Management area Tactico, Inc., Project Manager, Montreal, QC, Canada May 2009 – September 2009 Project Manager for ETL migration of customer-facing Equity trading platform to new Settlement and Clearance system. Duties included:
● Coordinated International team managing multi-business line Middle- and Back-Office system migrations
● Developed and presented Management-level reportage using SharePoint
● Validated system changes and business process improvements to confirm successful migration UBS, Consultant, Wealth Management IT, New York May 2007 – May 2008 Lead IT Project Manager and Business Analyst for migration to and implementation of Portfolio Allocation system for the UBS AG Wealth Management IT group. Duties included:
Planned, managed, and organized four-day conference with developers, Front-, Middle- and Back-Office users, and IT personnel to create long-term implementation roadmap, baseline requirements, and develop common understanding of how Business needs would be met technically
Business Analysis for projects to improve Business Process flows and Portfolio Valuation reporting, especially of Fixed Income securities, from accounting system to PORTIA. Duties include analysis of interfaces, data mapping, recommendations for system enhancements, SQL queries, and documentation Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., New York, Vice President March 2004 – April 2007 Project Management specialist, working in the Fixed Income Information Technology Group (FI ITG) to develop the firm’s SDLC Policies and Procedures and to train and support Managers. Developed and enhanced budgeting system and metrics for process improvement. Business Analysis tasks as needed.
● Represented FI ITG on working committees dealing with PMO process, Operational Risk, and firm-wide standardization of QA effort. Demonstrated and taught same within FI ITG silos. Developed personnel reports and KPIs, including Burn Rates and other metrics, to validate and monitor Project Plans.
● Produced supporting documentation (e.g., Project Plans, Functional Specifications, Technical Requirements) to support major development efforts (MSRB Reporting, Operations Processing).
● Mentored and managed Line of Business PMs in Middle- and back-Office to ensure SDLC practices were integrated seamlessly into business process.
● Performed Budget Analysis, Project Management, and Business Analysis in re-engineering of MBS Trading and Securitization system.
Consultant, Bank of America, Charlotte, NC August 2003 – February 2004 Program Manager for the Corporate Treasury Technology department.:
Represented department in Corporate PMO planning and strategy sessions
Developed Policies, Procedures, KPIs, and Metrics at both the CTO PMO and CTT Department level
Developed training materials to standardize CTT’s PM procedures to achieve CMM certification KENNETH L. HOUGHTON, MBA
3 of 3
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Principal Consultant August 1998-December 2002 Project Manager/Business Analyst, applying my experience, skills, and advances in technology to re-engineer business processes.
● Primary Investment Banking and Risk Management technology liaison for the Technology & Operations PMO managing the merger of two clients, working with the Derivatives and VaR analysis areas of the firm
● Led a team in performing Risk Analysis of Client's Credit, Loan, and Derivative Middle Office and Risk systems in preparation for merger, resulting in an initiative that saved the firm several million dollars in direct and indirect merger-related expenses
● Developed business process flows, Use Cases, and other documentation for expansion of Client’s MBS loan servicing, securitization, and trading model while coordinated with Development Team in translating business requirements into design specifications for expansion of loan securitization business.
● Analyzed trading, operational, and opportunity risks under Disaster Recovery scenario for American Electric Power. Recommendations caused Chief Risk Officer to reassess the firm’s strategy PUBLICATIONS
Wrote first three editions of Interest Rate Trends and Comparisons (Security Pacific Press)
Professionally published by Institutional Investor (Portfolio Strategies column), The Washington Post Book World, The Great American Baseball Stat Book, and several reference guides EDUCATION
Rutgers University, M.A., Economics, May 2008
Terry College of Business/University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, MBA, Finance, 2002 Columbia University, New York, New York, BA, English Literature ORGANIZATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Project Management Institute
American Economic Association
World Economics Association
PMP in process (Expected September 2019)
CSM in process (Expected August 2019)
Series 7 and Series 63 (lapsed)