Instructional Designer, E-Learning Expert, Content Writer, Project Manager, Quality Controller, LMS Support, and Training Professional. Possessing more than a decade of experience utilizing all phases of instructional systems design, technical writing, curriculum and program development, e-learning, K-12 classroom teaching, postsecondary online teaching, and project management. Highly articulate and an effective communicator. Excellent team building and interpersonal skills. Work well with individuals on all levels as a resource person, team player, problem solver, and leader. SKILLS
Instructional Design Technical Teaching/Training Management
• Outcome Writing
• Content Writing
• ISD Methods
• Quality Control
• Graphic Design
• Microsoft Office
• Creative Cloud Suite
• Google Drive
• Ability to Master New
• Blended Deliverables
• K-12 Classroom
• Collegiate Online
• Team Coaching
• Faculty Development
• Team and Vender
University of South Florida 2007
M. Ed., Curriculum and Instruction
University of South Florida 1997
Special Education, K-12 Specific Learning Disabilities and Cognitive Disabilities PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Instructional Designer and LMS Support, Zenith Education Group, Remote 11/2014 – 04/2018
• Initiated, project managed, prioritized, designed, and developed online and blended scalable courses and programs with close relationships to subject matter experts and key stakeholders. Programs included: Accounting, Business Administration, Paralegal, General Education, CIT, Criminal Justice, Nursing, and Marketing.
• Overhauled course outcomes to align with industry standards and program outcomes. Created engaging student practice activities and creative evaluation techniques that measured intended retention. Mapped all activities and evaluations to outcomes to assure reasonable time-on-task and quality practice activities for client success.
• Involved in the process to choose and deploy a replacement LMS for eCollege and also recommended new software and tools. Converted, with team members, over 1,000 courses from eCollege to Canvas in a span of just three months. Kristina Eichmann
• Revised, with key stakeholders, departmental quality assurance programs and templates to increase productivity, consistency, and turnaround time.
• Responsible for addressing, diagnosing, and resolving LMS (Canvas) issues that arose on a daily basis, as well as facilitated other project meetings.
• Aid in the creation and documentation of team standards and processes while undergoing new company ownership. Sr. Manager of Curriculum and Instructional Design, American College of Physician Executives, Tampa, FL 09/2012 – 10/2014
• Initiated new course development by conducting needs analyses. Hired, observed, and evaluated faculty, course materials, and delivery methods. Provided constructive feedback for both e-learning and classroom professionals.
• Responsible for managing resource allocation, performance management, and process development.
• Represented organization as a prime contact for Instructional Design contracts and projects. Interacted with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Designed and developed new ISD processes to better interact with SMEs and Clients while instituting reporting matrixes and accountability standards.
• Took charge of the educational staff, classroom faculty, and video production teams during quarterly large conferences offering members continuing medical education credits. Reported and tracked educational activities to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Sr. Instructional Designer, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 02/2009 – 08/2012
• Promoted to lead designer after six months on the job.
• Solved a curriculum consistency problem by initiating, designing, and developing a custom eTextbook for the Pediatrics Department using iPad technology while applying for a higher education grant.
• Provided enhanced educational software training, for the use of online portfolios and classroom response systems, targeting students, graduate assistants, and faculty members.
• Developed a new employee orientation program, learner booklets, facilitator guides, and innovative job aids. On-Site Faculty / Faculty Development Manager / Adjunct Online Faculty, International Academy of Design and Technology, Tampa, FL 09/2000 – 05/2012
• Managed the on-site and online environment while teaching core classes in the Graphic and Web Design programs.
• Developed objectives, testing strategies, test items, and evaluation criteria.
• Supervised, evaluated, recruited, and coached new online faculty members while supporting educational innovation and teaching excellence through best practices.
• Accreditation and Institutional Effectiveness Committee member assuring faculty, program, 504 and 508 compliance standards, and faculty development opportunities. Maintained faculty files for ACICS accreditation visits.
• Strategized curriculum design and development and standardization for instructor led to eLearning curriculum.
• Led and facilitated online and instructor train-the-trainer sessions, in online pedagogical development, via WebEx, Meeting Place, and Adobe Connect.