Fernando Otero Wyckoff, New Jersey ***81
Director of Technical Services
15+ years’ success leading innovative IT business and technical services solutions for organizations Repeated success guiding global business strategy with established and emerging technologies to achieve maximum operational impacts with minimum resource expenditures. Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and transformation for businesses ranging in size from start-ups to global enterprises. Expert presenter, negotiator, and businessperson; able to forge solid relationships with strategic partners and build consensus across multiple organizational levels. Highlights of Expertise
• Strategic & Tactical Infrastructure Planning
• Vendor & Supplier Relationship Management
• Contract Development / Negotiations
• Full Life Cycle Project Management
• Business-driven Technology Organizations
• Multimillion-dollar P&L Accountability
• Exceeding Service-level Agreements
• Regulatory Compliance
Automatic Data Processing, Inc., Roseland NJ (2013 to Present) Provided directorate leadership with full accountability for technology initiatives for multiple infrastructure services and projects. Recruited, developed, and supervised key IT personnel. Negotiated and managed service and vendor contracts. DIRECTOR TECHNICAL SERVICES (Global Command Center, Dev Ops, 2018 to Present)
• Co-directed transformation to modern Agile Scrum methodology promoting simplification, innovation and growth with automation and self-service capabilities enhancing organizations ability to serve customers while providing the highest level of customer service.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with employees, stakeholders, and scrum teams worldwide to create, promote, and enforces consistent solutions and use of established toolsets to create a comprehensive and cohesive global IT environment.
DIRECTOR TECHNICAL SERVICES (Compute Services, 2016 to 2018)
• Managed 40 on and offshore employees providing 24/7/365 Compute Services IT support.
• Led Compute OS and ESX VMWare technical management support for ADP middleware compute infrastructure. Streamline on-shore, off-shore virtual support operations for all compute platforms including UNIX, Linux, and Windows Servers, and ESX VMware virtualization infrastructure operations.
• Implemented OS compliance patching program which successfully increased compliance 11% (85% to 96%) cross the Unix/Linux/AIX and Windows Server platforms. Eliminated long standing non-compliant servers enhancing overall infrastructure security.
• Operational process enhancement efforts included event and incident management, automation efforts, and metrics as well as aligning with Agile and DEV/Ops to enable “As a Service” models. DIRECTOR DISTRIBUTED DB OPERATIONS, TECH MGMT (Distributed Database Services, 2014 to 2016)
• Led daily operations and technical management for ADP Middleware Databases for Oracle, MSSQL, and Mongo DB clusters infrastructure. Implemented a consolidated on-shore, off-shore virtual DB support structure in a wholesale Database Services model.
• Directed team of 45 in 24/7/365 support operations with off-shore DBA Ops team based in India. Managed local and remote based AMRS team of 15 database administrators in technical management level DBA and DB infrastructure technical support and problem management functions. DIRECTOR TECHNICAL PROJECTS, PORTFOLIO MGMT (Global Network Services Operations, 2013 to 2014)
• Managed GNS program designed to enhance data and voice service monitoring with multiple, progressive implementations.
Fernando Otero Page 2
• Identified and implemented process and infrastructure improvements, and operational automation with network infrastructure management systems in collaboration with GNS foundation senior leaders. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, New York City, NY (2007 to 2012) Led global market data operations with 28 direct reports responsible for market data infrastructure and enterprise services across seven data centers nationwide. Held bottom-line accountability for $20M budget, including P&L and expense management.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, HEAD OF GLOBAL MARKET DATA SERVICE OPERATIONS
• Created policies and procedures to align team with the company’s ITIL Global Service Model and SLA metrics reporting resulting in a 15% (99.99%) increase in improved service levels.
• Enabled 24/7 global support and increased support capabilities by 40% with the implementation of operational guidelines for support personnel including ITRS monitoring system.
• Reduced annual expenditures by $10M with a streamlined AMRS market data operations and infrastructure footprint.
• Migrated to next generation internal Low Latency Ticker Plant while concurrently maintaining legacy plant. Project completed on time and on budget while maintaining required SLA. Univision Communications, Inc., Teaneck, NJ (2004 to 2007) Held responsibility for newly founded corporate business continuity office established to promote, develop, support and manage corporate wide Business Continuity Program while ensuring MIS/IT collaboration, technical alignment and support. DIRECTOR, MIS/IT CORPORATE BUSINESS CONTINUITY
• Implemented 40% cost efficient mobile recovery-based disaster recovery model for 3 networks and 34 TV stations.
• Collected and analyzed data to provide business impact and continuity planning coaching for productions and operations for multiple site capabilities including IT, security, electrical, and HVAC.
• Secured U.S. Homeland Security sponsorship to implement the National Communications System’s GETS program resulting in enhance crisis management capabilities. Additional Experience
Thomson Financial, ILX Systems
Senior Vice President; Executive Committee Member
Established and directed set-up of the Headquarters Data Center Operations Department for a start-up that became the largest market data retail vendor in North America, supporting over 160K workstations with annual revenues exceeding
$200M. Managed 89 direct and indirect reports with $25M annual budget for 3 data centers and 24/7 ticker plant operations providing real-time international financial markets exchange data to retail brokerage firms and institutional trading houses.
Education & Credentials
Professional Development: ITIL Foundational; Merrill Lynch Strategic Leadership Program; Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) - DR Institute International; University of Wisconsin - Technical Leadership; Columbia Business School - Executive Education
Technical Proficiencies: Agile Scrum, Rally Tool, ITIL, Six Sigma WB, Database Support, MS Office, MS OS’s, UNIX/Linux, HTTP, WIntel Systems, SUN Enterprise/Ultra, Data General, WAN/LAN, TCPIP, Wi-Fi; Market Data Reuters RMDS, Kobra, Bloomberg Desktop Support.