ADOLFO J. SOCORRO, PH.D., MCP
SQL SERVER AND POWER BI ARCHITECT
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY
A seasoned and well-credentialled database architect and BI project leader with achievements in the design, development, and implementation of a wide variety of data-based solutions for public and private organizations. Core Technical Competencies and Professional Skills SQL Server Data Modelling Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular) Power BI Data Analysis and Visualization T-SQL, DAX, C# Database Architecture Integration Services (ETL, SSIS) Jira, Git, Visual Studio Data Warehousing Reporting Services (SSRS)
Power BI Architect
Development of standards and best practices at the organizational level for an international manufacturing company. Guidance on architectural issues including single sources of truth, security, and auditing. Development of data models and key performance reports. Mentoring and establishment of Power BI user group. Data Warehouse and
Power BI Reports
Data marts, Power BI reports and dashboards, and concomitant ETL processes for a financial services firm in the areas of sales and business development, collections, and call center operations. Key achievements:
• Consolidated duplicate and unsynchronized data artifacts.
• Phase out of static information stored in disparate Excel files.
• Delivery of automatically-refreshed, interactive business information.
• Training and mentoring on Power BI.
Medical Group Data
A healthcare intelligence solution (including HEDIS measures) for comparing and rating medical groups. Key achievements:
• Developed ETL processes to efficiently load 60+ million monthly membership and medical claims records to a SQL Server data warehouse.
• Discovered large amounts of unclaimed Medicare refunds.
• Provided analysts with Power BI reports and dashboards to explore medical groups by measure, region, grade, and ranking.
• Automated the combination of data from several sources to create medical and demographic subscriber and provider profiles.
Since 2002 Principal Consultant, eSolutions, Inc.
Lead consultant and architect for business intelligence solutions. Manage groups of developers and analysts. Interact with clients to identify areas where technology can have a positive impact on performance and financial bottom line. Develop business requirements documents and technical proposals. Client locations include Puerto Rico, Massachusetts, New York, Chile, and the Caribbean. Business sectors include pharmaceutical, government, financial, sales, manufacturing, and healthcare intelligence. Adolfo J. Socorro, Ph.D. 2
A data migration project that included a staging database, SSIS packages, generation of XML files, and Power BI reports for validating data integrity before and after converting records. Key achievements:
• Designed an automated data extraction and validation strategy.
• Discovered and corrected significant data integrity issues.
• Provided interactive Power BI reports to gauge the success of the migration. Production
Allows for the detailed tracking of manufacturing events and labor, and calculates performance measures related to operational efficiency and direct labor utilization. Key achievements:
• Reduced data-entry efforts by approximately 50% by replacing an existing Access application with a web-based, graphical tool.
• Discovered and corrected significant bugs in measure calculations.
• Laid the SQL Server database foundation for other similar applications. Client Administration
Case-management system for clients of the federal Workforce Information Act and the Wagner-Peyser Act. Key achievements:
• Led continuous compliance efforts about data and reporting requirements.
• Developed a perpetual data validation subsystem that generates detailed reports every day and feeds Power BI dashboards.
• Designed the data warehouse and developed ETL processes.
• The system has not missed federal reporting deadlines in 15 years. Power BI Dashboards
and Reports for
Modeling and visualization of sales activity data for representatives and managers. Key achievements:
• Automated 80% of the reporting and data mashup activities.
• Integrated several disparate data sources into one coherent database.
• Simplified and standardized reports previously done in Excel into interactive reports in Power BI.
• Resolved data inconsistencies through data matching and cleansing. Member, Technical
Puerto Rico State
This board oversees all IT projects and expenditures at the Commission and supervises technology deployments during electoral events.
Lead the development of the RFP for the first vote-counting system in the state
Personally advised the Commission’s President on technology strategy
Participated in the evaluation, selection, and negotiation of vendor proposals for software development, technology infrastructure, and telecom projects EDUCATION
Ph.D., Computer Science
University of Oxford, England
M.S., Computer Science
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
B.S., Computer Science
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI (Microsoft/EdX) Querying Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft)
Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft)