OBJECTIVE To serve in a challenging and rewarding position that optimizes my experience, skills, and educational background in Accounting.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Legacy and Diamond systems
• Proficient 10-key calculator
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel
• Knowledge of Accounting principles, processes, and procedures
• Excellent problem solving and critical analysis skills
March 2014 – Present
Kenworth of Central Fl Orlando, FL
Accounting Specialist Mar ‘14 – July ‘15
1.Prepare & Post general ledger entries
2.Provide timely & accurate processing of payments to vendors
3.Assist Controller with processing weekly & semi-monthly payroll.
4.Maintained Warranty Schedules
5.“Back up” to the Credit Manager RECEIVABLES
Human Resource Manager July ‘15 – present
1.Work directly with CFO, Controller, & Credit Manager and cross-trained.
5.Visitation of all (3) company owned branches. (Mobile HR services)
6.New Hire Onboarding
November 2010 – December 2012
Walt Disney World Travel Co. Orlando, Fl
Plan and book vacation packages for Disney guest.
Secure deposits and final payments
Inbound sales and service
Upsell Disney products
April 2007 - July 2009
Accounting Specialist Curascript Pharmacy Orlando, Fl
• B2B Collections, Verbal & written correspondence with internal customers and external customers
• Recoup overpayments made to Insurance plans.
• Created and maintained Excel Spreadsheets to capture Account Receivables.
• Reconcile Explanation of benefits documents, Medicare EOB’s, Patient cash draft docs to Patient accounts
• Heavily coordinated insurance payment on patient accounts
May 1998 – March 2007
Blue Cross Blue Shield of FL Jacksonville, FL
• Worked on several BCBS BlueCard teams: Customer Service, Suspense, Adjustments, OEC entry and adjustment, Credit team, Diamond Held claim, EE cases, Failed SF edits, Diamond OEC
• Serve as a liaison between Providers and subscriber’s home plans.
• Reconcile Account Receivables
• Send written correspondence responding to letters of dispute from Providers, Subscribers, and Health Care Facilities concerning request of refunds.
• Process and adjudicate healthcare claims
• Coordinate benefits with subscriber’s home plans
• Recoup over payments from providers
• Service internal and external customers
• Research and/or adjust existing claim in the Diamond system
• Make watts calls to subscribers and providers requesting additional information
• Facilitate meetings and forums in my peer group
• Work on several Six Sigma projects
Collection Specialist, First Union National Bank (Part-Time/2nd job)
May 2000-May 2002 Jacksonville, FL
• Made outbound calls to customers using an automatic dialer.
• Collect payments for accounts due 30 days or more.
• Analyze and implement sufficient arrangements with customers to bring accounts current while maintaining the company’s interest
• Achieved and maintained 95% or more quality score.
Intake Claims Processor, State Farm Insurance Co. (Part-Time/2nd job)
September 1999-April 2000 Jacksonville, FL
• Gathered initial claim loss information on behalf of State Farm Agents.
• Work closely with Claims Examiners to ensure accurate claim loss information
• Answered after hours calls for participating State Farm Agents using an automatic dialer
• Help customers to understand their benefits and insurance coverage
RERERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST