** ********* ***** · Livingston, New Jersey 07039
201-***-**** cell · email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications:
Culinary Arts and Management Professional educated at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America and experienced in applying creative and executive expertise in the organization, execution, and leadership of food, beverage, and affiliated functions, operations, and staffs. Background includes distinguished experience within casual and fine dining, catering, and private residential environments. Core competencies include:
· Culinary Arts · Menu Planning/Development · Food Production Management
· Kitchen Management · Portion Control · Food & Labor Cost Control
· Procurement/Purchasing · Quality Control · Staff Development/Training
· Front-of-House Management · Bar Management · Safe Food Handling
· Viticulture · Point-of-Sale (POS) Technology · Guest Relationship Management
An visionary culinary artist and executive with the ability to innovate menus fulfilling the tastes of the most discriminating palettes while concurrently allocating and managing resources driving achievement of revenue and profit objectives.
Background highlighted by achievements including the following:
· Planned and directed all phases of operations for a renowned, seasonally-operated waterfront bistro on the south shore of Long Island. Operations including front and back-of-house accountability as well as bar management. Created all menus as well as wine, cocktail, and dessert lists and established a consistent record of achievement and recognition from ownership for elevating revenues and profitability of establishment by more than 34% over the nine seasons employed.
· Developed new menu items and directed food preparation operations and more than 100 staff members at a well-known North-Central New Jersey on and off-premise catering establishment. Concurrent with catering responsibilities, managed culinary staff engaged in preparing dishes for an 85-seat a la carte restaurant on the premises. Orchestrated overall revenue growth of 30% over four years with establishment.
· Fulfilled the requirements of highly demanding, discriminating clients – functioning on a seasonal basis as Private Chef for high-profile area families and noted caterers in Manhattan and Northern New Jersey.
· Achieved notoriety for preparation of fresh fish dishes and meals in cuisines including Italian, Pan-Asian, Thai, Chinese, and Bavarian, as well as development of recipes representing a fusion of various cuisines.
Considerable experience in applying creative and culinary expertise in the development and preparation of eclectic menu items rooted in various international cooking techniques.
· Conceptualized and planned menus and signature dishes, based upon analysis of seasonal demand, market trends, guest preferences, and related data...
· Selected and developed recipes for menu items, creating an innovative, world class cuisine driving establishment recognition as well as competitive advantage and revenue growth opportunities...
· Prepared a variety of soups, sauces, meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and pastries from scratch, employing skills in various cooking techniques…
· Garnished plates and employed creative techniques to enhance presentation of platters, displays, and buffets...
· Planned, prepared, and oversaw preparation of foods for ala carte dining and catering events...
· Maintain current knowledge of cooking trends and techniques internationally...
Richard Carroll Page 2
Significant background in organizing and directing culinary, restaurant, and bar operations and staffs, establishing a consistent record of achievement in improving efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
· Analyzed and organized operations, establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls governing aspects of operations including food preparation, procurement, inventory control, guest services, and staff management...
· Ensured operational compliance with established performance, quality, health, safety, sanitation, and related standards...
· Prepared schedules, established work priorities, and monitored timely, efficient fulfillment of food and beverage production and service requirements...
· Sourced vendors and negotiated purchase of a broad range of food, beverage, and supply items, identifying and securing cost-savings opportunities...
· Maintained records and documentation associated with operations and generate profit and loss and other reports for management review...
· Conducted in-service training and staff development programs...
DAVID ELLIS EVENTS, EAT CAFÉ, BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY FEBRUARY 2015-PRESENT
EXECUTIVE CHEF, PRIVATE EVENT CHEF
Dave’s Grill, Montauk, New York Seasonal (May-October) 2004 to 2014
Freelance Employment Seasonal (November-April) 2004 to 2012
Celebrated Foods of Maplewood, Maplewood, New Jersey 02/00 to 05/04
Brunello, St. Petersburg, Florida 06/94 to 01/00
Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York
Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.), Culinary Arts, June 1992
Certified Executive Chef pending