• Ability to indulge myself in learning so as to stay updated with the most recent happenings in the organization.
• Ability to initiate communication with internal and external public and maintain effective professional relationships in the long run.
• Skilled in handling problematic situations and tactfully dealing when conflicts occur among the employees in the department
• Passionate to leave a trail of excellence through hard work and leadership.
• Key Skills
Financial Accounting General Ledger Online Bank Transactions Financial Reporting Cash Accounting Accounts Receivable/ Payables Financial advice Bank Reconciliation Expenses Reconciliation Final Account Time Management Budgeting / Forecasting
Currently Working as Chief Accountant - Finance In charge at Wyndham Dubai Marina (January 2017 till date)
• Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports
• Work with the General Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
• Prepare capital reviews as required by the General Manager and/or Accounting and Finance Departments
• Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency
• Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
• Lead monthly finance update meetings with General Manager/Hotel team
• Comply with hotel/company policies and procedures across the area, maximizing performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
• Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed
• Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
• Key skills and competencies
• Experience of Consolidation of Reporting.
• A sound understanding of the month end process.
• Organized with excellent attention to details.
General Cashier & Payroll Accountant at Wyndham Dubai Marina Hotel (Preopening Team) February 2016
– December 2017
• General Cashier Responsibilities.
• Collect with “witness” all the cash envelope from front office daily.
• Count “with witness” the contents of all Cashiers envelopes daily.
• Prepare the “General Cashier’s Daily Report”.
• Prepare and make the Bank Deposit for cash collection of the day.
• Posting General Cashier "JV".
• Provide all Outlet Cashiers with the required change, including extra change for long weekends or special occasions.
• Reimburse Cashiers for due-backs made by them.
• Handle and manage all Petty Cash payments and cash advances.
• Issue travel advances and follow-up on Travel Expense Reports.
• To coordinate with A/R, credit and income auditor for any queries/discrepancies.
• To verify foreign currency received and deposit it to the bank.
• To verify all the cheques received from "A/R "and deposit it to the bank.
• To prepare, verify and post all the cash expense claims.
• To ensure safety of funds collected by waiters, receptionists & other cash handlers.
• To verify all cash expenses.
• Issue floats to cashiers as authorized, keep relevant records and monitor overall float position.
• Prepare petty cash report for reimbursement.
• Check that daily foreign exchange rate for foreign currency and forward to income auditor.
• Inform the Finance Manager immediately in case of any returned check.
• Ensure post-dated cheques closely monitored, deposited to bank on timely manner
• Payroll Accountant Responsibilities.
• Prepares the payroll in a timely and accurate manner
• Verifies the accuracy of all time clock punches and overtime calculations
• Tallies and records tip slips for service employees and insures minimum wage compliance
• Prepares service charge distribution and reconciles to the Income Auditor
• Insures proper position categorization of all new hires
• Submits required check requests for applicable taxes, pension, insurance, etc.
• Maintains a working knowledge of local wage and hour laws
• Performs audits of the completed payroll register each pay period
• Verifies the accuracy of the output to various input backup
• Ensures that all cluster positions are allocated per property as per the guidelines received by the management.
• Reconciles the payroll reports for period end entries
• Performs alternating audits of departmental payroll records
• Verifies that all time clock procedures are properly followed
• Verifies that all computations are calculated accurately
• Reconciles monthly reports including pension, housing and other allowances as applicable
• Maintains all necessary analysis pertaining to payroll, including vacation accrual, tip variance, etc.
• Review and keep updated all internal SOP related to the payroll process. Curriculum vitae
Accounts Payable/General Cashier at Mercure Hotel (Accor Hotels Group) Oct 2014 – Jan -2016
• Accounts Payables Responsibilities
• Compares purchase orders to invoices and distributes to proper Department Head for approval
• Audits bills for errors, corrects as necessary
• Attaches invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents
• Ensures proper back up is attached to expense reports
• Ensures cluster charges are allocated as per the management instructions
• Ensures correct charging amount by coding invoices
• Ensures VAT codes are applied appropriately as per the Tax law of the country
• Reconciles all statements, requests missing invoices, and makes adjustments as necessary
• Summarizes payments due and communicates cash needs to the Controller for approval
• Ensures appropriate support documentation is obtained and attached to the invoices before payment is made
• Researches travel agency commission checks and performs necessary follow-up
• Stamps all invoices “paid” before going to the check signers for signature
• Maintains all necessary files and registers for accounts payable
• Keeps file on audited food invoices and pays regularly
• Maintains a file for current and new vendors
• Maintains paid and unpaid invoice files
• Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries.
Night Auditor /Income Auditor at (Mercure Gold Hotel Dubai from Oct 2013 -Sep 2014)
• Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs an audit of the daily night audit ensuring its accuracy and completeness
• Follows up all issues occurred at night audit process with department heads
• Performs full audit on corrections/ adjustments/ reversals and voids
• Processes daily journal voucher generated by Opera/Micros systems
• Prepares all necessary daily reports including the daily sales report
• Prepares daily/monthly sales report for the Finance in-charge in a timely manner
• Maintains filing systems for the daily information; registration cards, credit cards, restaurant charges, promotional tickets and coupons, zero/cash folios, etc.
• Maintains an adequate inventory of all manual guest checks
• Prepares all necessary period end closing reports
• Completes period end journals
• Reconciles GL and All revenue related account
• Maintains accurate budget, forecast, and last year revenues in daily sales report.
• Audits general cashier reports with system generated collection to actual and reports to Finance Manager
• Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative database for improved management decision
• Daily Duty meals, complimentary and entertainment summary.
• To update daily income J. V in sun system.
• Daily revenue reconciliation between Sun, Opera & Micros system.
• Ensure Housekeeping discrepancy report received & Verified on daily basis. Curriculum vitae
• Review the manual posting and negative posting in Opera.
• Review the Banquet Event Order (BEO) in order to transfer the internal revenue
• To review overages and shortages of Cashiers and take appropriate action.
• Check Refund/paid summary.
Guest Service Representative in RADISSON BLU HOTEL DUBAI (Jan 2012 to Oct 2013)
• Education & Certifications.
• Completed a Diploma in “Hotel Management” from Pakistan Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management In 2011
• 2008 “Bachelors in commerce from University of Karachi.
• 2006 “Intermediate in Commerce.
• 2004 “Matriculation in Science
• Levels in English Language from “Pakistan American Cultural Center.
• Peach tree computerized accounting.
• MS Office (Good Hands in MS Excel)
• SUN/VISION (Financial back office System)
• Oasys (Payroll Management System)
• Opera/Micros/IDS Fortune
• Basic Revenue Management.
Father Name Muhammad Zaheer
Date of Birth 4-Aug-1988
Marital Status Married
Driving License UAE valid till 2025
Will be furnished upon request