To become a part of a quality organization as a team player where my knowledge and interest in the field will play an integral role towards the growth of the organization as well as my personal skillset. Work Experience
Managed Care Resource Coordinator
Highmark Health - Wilmington, DE
April 2016 to August 2018
• Responsible for telephonic outreach efforts to assess member needs relative to EPSDT services and chronic disease programs. Works closely with members, providers and other community agencies to proactively coordinate access to preventive health services and provide training. Development of member and provider education materials related to EPSDT services.
• Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
• With staff, providers and members to accomplish business and member needs
• Initiate outreach efforts, primarily by telephone, related to targeted preventive health initiatives
• Perform member education functions on the importance of targeted preventive health services
• Recruit, holistically assess and enroll members into Disease Management Programs as appropriate
• Assess opportunity for Care Management intervention and make appropriate referral
• Contact members, providers and community agencies to coordinate access to preventive health services
• Tracks all member and provider contacts in the appropriate computer systems for the purposes of data collection and record keeping
• Conducts provider and community trainings on EPSDT services and other special preventive health initiatives
• Contribute to the development and preparation of educational materials for members and providers
• Collaborates with human services providers such as Head Start Programs, WIC and homeless shelters; as well as state agencies such as CYS and Juvenile Probation in the identification and outreach to members in need of services.
• Participate in the development of outreach programs that are effective, measurable and innovative, with a special emphasis on reaching at risk members.
• Maintain Community Repository by validating existing information, adding/deleting resources.
• Assumes leadership and responsibility for selected projects Social Service Specialist I/Family Support Services State of Delaware - Wilmington, DE
October 2008 to April 2016
• Provides information and referral services to enable clients to meet individual's needs
• Inform individuals of Federal, State, and Local programs/services available
• Develops and implements treatments plans
• Provide safe and supervised sessions to parents and children who have been victims of family violence and domestic abuse
• Conducts interviews to obtain and evaluate youth's personal, family, social, psychological, delinquent history and institutional adjustment
• Made recommendations as part of a client's service plan such as clinical treatment, counseling, or determining eligibility for health or human services/benefits
• Intervene in family crisis situations
Supervisor Rehabilitation Youth Counselor
State of Delaware - Wilmington, DE
2007 to 2008
• Oversees and assumes an active, participatory role in daily activities of as assigned group of youth including recreation, education, work, meals, personal hygiene, and maintaining living quarters
• Observe youth's behavior and adjustment to programs and exchanges written and oral reports on those observations with other staff
• Interprets and teaches unit procedures, rules, and disciplinary policies to youths
• Implements unit security procedures
Administrative Specialist I
Delaware Cancer Registry - Wilmington, DE
2005 to 2007
Responsible for maintaining filing system for general correspondence, and patient abstracts.
• Assisted supervisor with special projects.
• Performed data entry into Excel files and the Rocky Mountain Cancer Data Systems database. Patient Registration Clerk
Nemours Hospital for Children - Wilmington, DE
2003 to 2005
• Enter patient's insurance information in Epic system.
• Called patients parents to update information into Epic system.
• Made and rescheduled appointments for patients.
Newark High School - Newark, DE
September 1997 to June 2000
Organizational Skills, Case Management, Outlook, Customer Service Skills, Medical Terminology, Documentation, Data Entry, Microsoft Excel, Excel, Customer Service, Filing, Time Management Assessments
Management & Leadership Skills: Impact & Influence — Proficient January 2019
Measures a candidate's ability to adapt their leadership style to accomplish goals using rational or emotional appeal.
Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/fdeqm6vi-xqaof6q Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.