Illinois Elementary Education: Professional Educator License (1st-6th) Application Accepted- March 2019
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Expected: May 2019 Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education Edwardsville, IL STUDENT TEACHING AND FIELD EXPERIENCE
Eastwood Elementary School: East Alton, IL August 2018- Present Student Teacher, 1st Grade- 3 IEP’s, 10 Struggling Readers Cooperating Teacher: Suzie Sandifer
● Created individualized lesson plans that meet state standards and the needs of all students.
● Integrated technology through the use of SMART boards and individual iPads.
● Collaborated with other student teachers and faculty members to ensure effectiveness of lessons.
● Managed classroom by using positive behavior reinforcement and reward systems.
● Attended parent teacher conferences, teacher institute days, and other school meetings. RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Kidzone August 2016- February 2018
Counselor, Grades Pre-Kindergarten-6
● Engaged students in hands-on activities both entertaining and educational.
● Involved students in different stations, from gym activities to computer related tasks. Panther Care August 2012- May 2015
Leader, Grades K-6
● Supervised ages 5 to 11 in an after/before school program.
● Lead and created activities in small groups as well as whole group. CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT
● Delta Phi Epsilon, Vice President of Membership Development Jan. 2018- 2019
● Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education, Member Aug. 2017- 2018 AWARDS/ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Illinois State Scholar, 2015
● National Honor Society, 2014-2015
● High School GPA: 4.7
● College GPA: 3.9
Julie King Dr. Brian Johnson Suzie Sandifer
Teacher Professor/Supervisor Cooperating Teacher