Permanent Resident (Green Card) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 248-***-**** SUMMARY
Effective, solutions-focused ScrumMaster, Team Lead, Onsite coordinator, Senior Technical Consultant, SME, Application Designer and developer with 20+ years of experience in developing, enhancing and supporting software products and services for various diversified business sectors. Highly regarded for designing innovative and customized solutions that provide high quality end-to-end IT solutions. Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand client needs and optimize project goals, delivering products and services on time and providing unparalleled client service. Currently seeking roles as a scrum Master.
Master of Business Administration in Marketing & Finance Management 1999 Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communications 1990 CERTIFICATIONS
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) from scrum alliance 2019 Associate in General Insurance (INS 21, 22 & 23) 2003 MAJOR STRENGTHS
● Experienced working in Scrum & SAFe Agile frameworks, Kanban & Waterfall (SDLC) Methodologies
● Worked closely with the organization in its Scrum Adoption and planning proper Scrum implementations
● Worked as an Agile Coach and Drove change in Agile methodology by using both Agile and Program Management to resolve conflicts and shift the organization through any resistance to change and into a culture of high performance
● Designed and maintained a strategy for the organization adoption of Agile, which includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and colleague education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
● Designed and supported Agile transformation, including training executives, functional managers, Scrum Masters, product owners and teams.
● Provided regular feedback on Agile teams and practitioners, while providing leadership and coaching where necessary.
● Engineered and modified organizational/business process to improve velocity, support end-user experience and reduce overhead costs.
● Prepared detailed project work plans, project status reports and executive level dashboards for reporting.
● Facilitated effective communication between business and IT team members to ensure solutions meet business requirements and expectations.
● Converting and leading a SDLC team into Kanban, SCRUM-BAN and into Scrum and later into SAFe agile team. Shared knowledge and training of Agile and Scrum to guide this newly minted scrum team of a diverse skill sets through the phases of the team development starting Sprint 0
● Facilitating / Driving and leading Scrum events: Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews / Demos, and Retrospectives; Participating and providing updates in train ceremonies; Making sure that external influences on the team are adding value and not distracting
● Making sure, Embracing, Coaching, Evangelizing and helping everyone in the team understand the principles, practices, rules, values of the Agile framework and goals, scope and product domain. Coaching team in self- organization and cross functionality. Helping them to create high-value products. Removing impediments. Listening to and addressing teams’ concerns on one-on-one basis and at the team level
● Helping product owner and the team in finding techniques for effective Product Backlog Management to maximize value and order PBIs. Experience in estimation, story slicing, grooming/PB Refining; Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
● Anticipating, Monitoring, Coaching, and removing impediments that slow down Development Team’s progress
● Compiling, Analyzing, Generating, reporting, and refining agile metrics/statistics/KPIs to quantify and communicate team performance and progress towards organizational goals as needed
● Causing change that increases continuous improvement of process and practice through collaboration with team and organizational leaders to identify and implement improvements
● Build Team Cohesion and foster open and honest team communication
● Ensure that teams are effectively executing against the highest value priorities; Ensure team maintains focus on quality and continuous improvement in every sprint; Highly organized with strong attention to detail
● Providing "go to" leadership, transparency, and visibility; Enthusiasm in practicing & promoting a learning mindset
● Outstanding communication, facilitation, organization, coaching, problem solving and influencing skills
● Experienced in doing and coaching of cadence and synchronization of Product increment in Agile Release Train
● Flexible and adaptive to fast-paced changing environments; Experience in working with UX / UI resources
● Excellent conflict resolution skills; Excellent technical writing and speaking skills
● Experience in working with DevOps groups where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
● Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games MAJOR STRENGTHS
Team Lead, Onsite coordinator, Senior Technical Consultant, SME, Application Designer and developer:
● Guiding a group of employees as they complete a project
● Responsible for team & relationship building, delegating tasks, maintaining transparency & communication, feedback & schedule & workflow & change management, review, integration, testing, implementation, documentation and supporting of delivery
● Acted on behalf of the client/User and look after the product delivery for the development team
● Conducted numerous technical and business workshops and training sessions to colleagues
● Able to work on assignments independently as well as team member
● Managed RBC projects and successfully completed managed services contracts
● Capable of ramping on new technology/process/environment/business and assuming ownership quickly
● Conducting workshops on Sharing the workload effectively, Refactoring, technical excellence, eliminating Technical Debt and Reusable Solutions
● Strong Expertise in gathering, understanding, documenting business requirements, establishing functional specifications, translating them to High and Detailed Level Designs
● Successfully completed multiple complex and cross functional projects simultaneously with highest quality, within the budget and timelines of deliverables
● Extensive experience in System Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Issuance procedures, Maintenance, Production Support
● Skilled in preparing detailed test plans, test data, and test environments to do thorough testing
● Experienced with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) from multiple (potentially disparate) data items and integrating them into a common reporting and analytical Data Model
● Provided maintenance and production support for Mainframe jobs
● Experienced to successfully troubleshoot defects, perform root cause analysis, guide teams on resolution, as well as communicate relevant details to business personnel. Ability to work on assignments independently as well as team member
● Reduced tens of thousands of CPU hours and data-storage-usage by performance enhancement and restructuring work-flows and database-queries, enabling Auto-daily jobs and stand-alone applications completing on time
● Conducted several JAD sessions with cross-functional teams and coordinated with business and technical teams in defining complexity of project, creating Consolidated Design Document, WBS, Schedule and Test approach
● Expertise in handling HP Service Manager Tickets, Incident Management / Problem Management / Service Request Management / Change Management and strictly adhered to the SLA
● Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and communication skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
● Made sure the team enters not only the rare skills/processes/techniques, but also frequently used algorithms/logic
/code into the Reusable repository, so that team doesn’t need to reinvent a solution. Saved Thousands of person hours
● Version One, HP service manager, Primavera, Share Point, Lotus Notes, GIT, GITHUB
● Good Knowledge of Jira, Jira portfolio, Team Foundation Server, Jenkins
● Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
● SQL, IMS, CICS, DB2, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, MQ-Series, PL/1, SYNCSORT, CONNECT-DIRECT, SAS-IBM, Enterprise SAS
● File-AID, File Manager, RMS, XPEDITOR, ENDEVOR, IBM-Debugger, Abend-Aid, IBM-IDZ
● TSO/ISPF, High Speed Apply Engine (Fast Apply: BMCAPPLY/APTBMAIN), SPUFY, QMF, BMCUNLD, DSNTEPE and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator, Control-D reports, and DB2 stored procedures, RUMBA PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Client: State Farm Insurance & Banking Bloomington, IL Employer: HTC Global Services Inc. TROY, MI
Role: ScrumMaster / SME Jan. 2013 – present
Converting and leading an SDLC team into Kanban, Scrum-Ban, Scrum and later into SAFe agile team. Shared knowledge and training of Agile and Scrum to guide this newly minted scrum team of a diverse skill sets through the phases of the team development starting Sprint 0
● Actively participated in a Scrum team focused on increased efficiency and worked with Product Owner and Stakeholders to determine and prioritize MVP’s.
● Guide team through the sprint ceremonies to assist them in maturing in the Scrum framework
● Managed all technical product issues, escalated support cases, and coordinated large-scale support initiatives to
● ensure that technology products are implemented and supported according to customers’ unique business needs
● Coordinate the planning and completion of multiple projects, ensuring that all project resources and stakeholders align with operational and technical requirements
● Collaborate with other product owners to track, monitor, and manage project timelines, requirements, and statuses, ensuring the timely, efficient completion of technology-focused initiatives Project: Overhauled rating issue refunds by creating radical, reusable solutions 2013 – 2018 Role: ScrumMaster
● Designed and implemented reusable tools by coordinating with IDAA team for data restructuring and then preparing self-executing JCL scripts, saving client thousands of component issuances and tens of thousands of person-hours
● Evaluated assignment by size and time required, dividing a hefty project into logical tasks to be developed in parallel; Educated team in radical reusable solutions, monitored progress, and integrated results in time to meet critical deadlines
● Created data-analyzers and delivered listings for hundreds of Rating Issue related refunds for Rating Quality Unit
● Streamed a variety of transactions to fix the data in IMS and DB2 databases Project: Replaced expensive third-party applications with self-designed, in-house process 2016 – 2017 Role: ScrumMaster
● Analyzed data paths used by existing third-party application, and identified alternative path producible with internal resources, saving millions of dollars per year in outsourcing
● Organized JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions and coordinated with cross-functional business and technical teams to define complexity of project, creating Consolidated Design Document
● Created and executed test plan in order to seamlessly integrate in-house solution into overall system Project: Performance-Tuning & Feature-Enhancing few State Farm Banking daily jobs 2016 – 2017 Role: ScrumMaster / SME
● As per the request of Banking Business partners our team performed an outstanding job in not only tuning the performance but also adding a lot of business features and statistics to the SF Banking auto daily jobs using enterprise SAS.
● We saved pretty good deal of CPU hours and business analyst’s person hours per day as we opened few new metrics and reports for them to use in their day-to-day work Project: Reverse-Engineering, Bug-fixing, Performance-Tuning & Upgrade few Control-D reports 2016 – 2017 Role: ScrumMaster / SME
● As per the request of Actuarial Services, we Analyzed, Reverse engineered, fixed the bugs, enhanced the performance and changed the complex SAS code (about 5000 lines of level 5 code) for the latest IBM SAS version
● We saved tens of CPU hours and hundreds of business analyst’s person hours per month as we brought these dead important Control-D reports back into life for them to use in their day-to-day work Project: IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator conversion (Role: ScrumMaster) 2013 – 2018
● Based on their usage and frequency, identified several DB2 and IMS-DB databases and converted them into IDAA tables to enhance availability, performance and to not access the production data on their peak business hours
● Saving thousands of person hours
Project: DB2 migration and Database Development (Role: ScrumMaster) 2013 – 2017
● Identified suitable DB2 databases, encoded and migrated them from regional LPARs (27) to HAPLEX LPARs (3) for more availability and cost efficiency
● Changed, tested and implemented all the impacted code accessing these tables
● Reduced Mainframe monthly leasing costs by 35% companywide Client: State Farm Insurance & Banking Bloomington, IL Employer: HTC Global Services Inc. TROY, MI
Role: Team Lead, Onsite coordinator, SME, Application Designer & developer 2002 – 2013 I provide IT solutions for my client, State Farm, one of the largest national insurance companies. I convert business requirements into system design, technical specifications, develop, test and implement solutions for. This includes coordinating cross-functional teams, ensuring system sustainability, and reporting product and/or process expertise. Ongoing: Performance Enhancement Team - Review & Approval 2008 – 2013 Role: Onsite coordinator, SME
● SQL & IMS-DB queries review and approval team: for perfection, performance and time & day of the week.
● Auto-flow / Job-Stream review and approval team: for perfection, performance and time & day of the week.
● Saving thousands of Mainframe CPU hours and thereby organization’s IBM monthly leasing costs. Project: Designed and implemented Drive Safe & Save (DSS) Telematics applications 2009 – 2013 Role: Team Lead
● Applied quantitative data analysis techniques to interpret data in a business mindset (trends, opportunities, action items), and provided insights to Marketing and Actuarial teams, in form of Control-D reports
● Developed and tested DSS Telematics Applications based on: o Vehicles eligible but not enrolled for OnStar, SYNC, Mobile, In-Drive, OnStar FMV, Self-Report o Vehicles currently on DSS, but no compatible VIN and/or no active subscription o Number of defective devices, corrected reports, number of times DSS added and removed o List of customers enrolled in DSS Mobile and have not completed set up o List of customers providing data but not showing as enrolled in DSS Mobile Project: Rating Simplification and Performance Enhancement (RSPE) 2009 – 2013 Role: Team Lead
● Expanded rating engine to accurately and fairly rate customers
● Supplemented rating engine with new parameters devised by state governments, actuarial services, and business team to provide fair quotes to consumers while remaining competitive in industry
● Refactored numerous impacted applications and modules, enabling them to accept given parameters and ensuring continued flexibility in case of future expansion
Service: SDLC per collaboration with business teams 2002 – 2013 Role: Team Lead, SME, Application Designer & developer
● Auto Special Projects deals with State Mandate reports, Legal requests, Market Conducts, Refunds, Data corrections and cleanups which involves huge data mining, data analysis and reporting.
● Converting day-to-day business requirements into system realities - Development, Maintenance & Enhancement
● Problem resolution, Trouble shooting, Code & Data Fix; Collecting statistics for Market Survey;
● Data Analyzers and Reports Generation; Requirement & Feasibility Analysis
● System Analysis & Design, Coding, Testing (Unit, Integration & acceptance) and Reviewing
● Coordination; Documentation; Ensuring company standards in all work products delivered
● Test plan & Test Environment preparation; Implementation and Support Client: Irish Life Insurance & Banking Dublin, Ireland Employer: XANSA Ltd (Formerly known as IIS Infotech Ltd.) Dublin, Ireland Role: Onsite coordinator, SME, Application Designer & developer 2000 – 2002 I coordinated new projects for our client, Irish Life, a prominent financial solutions company in Ireland. My responsibilities included assessing requirements and feasibility, implementing new products, and ensuring compliance with company and European standards. I have also onsite-coordinated two off-shore teams (Mumbai & Chennai, India) in delivering Euro code and Euro data conversions.
Project: New Product Launches and Coordinated Euro data & code conversion ventures 2000 – 2002
● Collaborated with investment products team to understand new product requirements, judge feasibility, and accommodate product integration into existing applications
● Oversaw all deliverables from offshore team, from implementation to testing, assuring that project complied with all company and European standards, resulting in successful, on-time launch and seamless adoption Client: British Telecom London, UK
Employer: XANSA Ltd (Formerly known as IIS Infotech Ltd.) Mumbai, India Role: Offshore-Team Lead, Senior Technical consultant, Application Designer & developer 1997 – 2000 I provided IT support – primarily testing and maintenance – to British Telecom, one of the top telecommunications companies in the United Kingdom. And I have also lead a team in Mumbai in delivering Y2K code conversion and Y2K data conversion.
Project: Provided system maintenance and troubleshooting support 1997 – 2000
● Created unit, integration, and regression test plans to maintain high standards of code quality and performance
● Delivered bug fixes and troubleshooting support for diverse products across a variety of teams and platforms Community Leadership Troy, Michigan
Role: Volunteer Coordinator, Stage Manager, Stage-play-writer and Director 2003 – Present
● Assisted in planning and execution of multiple large-scale cultural events every year to celebrate Telugu heritage, each drawing thousands of local attendees (of all ages)
● Enlisted and organized volunteers across all departments, including admission, food, talent show, and clean-up crew, maintaining designated budget for each function
● Wrote and directed theatrical productions of popular traditional Telugu folk and mythological stories
● Coordinated annual tennis tournaments with 100+ participants for local charities, raising thousands of dollars
● Motivational Speaker in several fund-raising/Cloths & food drive events – Catastrophes within USA and abroad