Mechanical Engineering Master’s student with a passion for CAE seeking a full-time job which will enable me to focus my strong academic skills as well as research background to problem solving. Education
The University of Texas at Dallas (GPA: 3.96/4.0) Dallas, TX Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering Aug 2017 - Present Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (CPI: 8.28/10) Gujarat, India Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering July 2012 - Aug 2016 Minor in Computer Science and Engineering
The University of Texas at Dallas Dallas, TX
Graduate Research Student Jan 2018 - Present
• Research on the material characterization of Shape Memory Alloys (SMAs) like Nitinol and hyperelastic materials like Silicone for use in underwater soft robotics using ANSYS Structural solver.
• Perform flow simulations and fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis for underwater biomimetic robots using ANSYS Coupled Solver by collaborating with the robotics team.
• Provide regular updates through presentations and technical reports and follow up with the ongoing experimental procedures in the lab.
Amgen Inc. Cambridge, MA
Grad Intern (Process Development) - Advanced Modeling and Simulation June 2018 - Aug 2018
• Formulated mathematical models, implemented them using Python scripting and took an initiative to validate them using computational simulations in ANSYS Fluent for different flow problems.
• Supported team in creating software for different mechanistic operations through process workflows and engineering principles with an impact of almost 20% reduced equipment calibration time.
• Performed fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis for different types of pipe flow pressure drop across a valve in ANSYS.
Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore Singapore Researcher - Aerospace May 2016 - July 2016
• Studied the flow over annular and elliptical ring wings of different configurations and analyzed their aerodynamic characteristics in the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tool Star-CCM+.
• 3D printed prototypes of the annular and elliptical ring wings generated using SolidWorks (CAD Software) were analyzed in a low-speed boundary-layer wind tunnel. Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Gujarat, India Summer Research Intern May 2015 - July 2015
• Designed innovative condensation techniques (heat exchangers, water quenching) for reformate from Auto-thermal reformers using CFD tools ANSYS Fluent and Star-CCM+.
• These techniques were to be implemented in Diesel based Marine Fuel Cell System. Key Skills
• Programming/Scripting Languages: MATLAB, Python, C, HTML & CSS.
• Softwares: ANSYS, Star-CCM+, Abaqus, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, Tecplot, CFD-Post.
• Other: FEA, FEM, CFD, Numerical Modeling, Technical Writing. Academic Projects
Numerical Estimation of Heat Conduction in Heterogeneous Medium Aug 2017 - Nov 2017
• Developed a finite difference scheme for heat conduction equation where the thermal conductivity of the medium varies, implemented it in MATLAB, and validated through ANSYS. Free and Forced Convective Heat Transfer over a Cone Oct 2015 - Dec 2015
• Studied the correlation between Nusselt Number and different flow and geometric parameters for a convective flow over a rotating cone using ANSYS Fluent. Visual Simulation of Motion of Double Pendulum Oct 2014 - Dec 2014
• Successfully derived Euler-Lagrange equations of motion of a double pendulum and created 2D ani- mated simulations for various initial conditions using solver function ode45 in MATLAB. Relevant Courses
• Graduate Level: Incompressible Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Techniques I, Turbulent Flows, Conductive and Radiative Heat Transfer, Convective Heat Transfer, Computer-Aided Design.
• Undergraduate Level: Engineering Graphics, Momentum Heat and Mass Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Methods.