RAVI R. KADAM
Tempe, AZ – ***** Website: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kadamr
Cell: 585-***-**** Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Looking for full-time opportunities in the Manufacturing / Process / Controls Engineering field. Availability: Immediately
Have experience in a high volume and high precision automated manufacturing industry. My broad skill-set includes product/process development, manufacturing automation, tool design, data analytics, accounting, project management and leadership & management. Have a Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Increased output on Assembly station by 30% (~ 420,000 parts/year).
• Reduced Preventive Maintenance duration (hrs./month) by 35.16%.
• Improved gauge capability (Cg) of taper measuring gauge from 0.42 to 1.46 (~250%).
• Built a predictive model for opening pressure of diesel engine’s injector nozzle.
• Reduced indirect material (tooling) cost by 7.21%; Reduced scrap in dropped parts category by 7.46%. WORK EXPERIENCE
Robert Bosch GmbH, Charleston, SC - Manufacturing Engineering co-op Jan 17 – May 18 Diesel Injector Nozzle – Spray hole machining and Assembly & Test.
• Initiated & lead a statistical-learning project to find critical characteristics of nozzle affecting its opening pressure.
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM): Prepared & scheduled Preventive and Autonomous maintenance guides &plans.
• Conducted a designed experiment (DOE) to find & control variations in the measurement system.
• Did Value Stream Mapping (VSM) & 5S audit and supported kaizen projects.
• Tracked process stability through Cpk/Ppk & SPC charts and recommended corrective action for any abnormality.
• Performed Measurement System Analysis (MSA), machine & process capabilities studies (Cgk, GR&R, Cmk, Ppk, Cpk).
• Involved in Process FMEA and prepared documents for IATF 16949 audit.
• Used A3 problem solving method and implemented corrective/preventive actions (CAPA) accordingly.
• Involved in acceptance process of capital asset and setting up new assembly line.
• Documentation: Spare parts & tooling catalogue, standardized work instructions, gauge plans, process instructions.
• Co-ordinated with purchasing, shipping & vendors to arrange purchase of tooling & spare parts.
• Analyzed shop floor data to find improvement projects and to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Improved & modified drawings and bill of materials (BOM) of tooling for continuous improvement.
• Troubleshooting – Hydraulic & Pneumatic system, PLC controller. Ulka Industries Limited., India - Production Engineering Intern Feb 15 - May 15
• Project management – Raw material estimation, vendors & in-house production management.
• Engineering support – MIG, Arc welding, hard-facing, turning, milling, drilling & boring operations. Vimal Industrial Systems, India - Project Trainee Aug 13 – Feb 14
• Press tool & machine design; fixture design; Hydraulic system design for special purpose machine. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
1. Classification predictive modeling using statistical-learning methods 2017
• Used logistic regression, Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) & random forest methods. 2. Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC programming: Ethernet/IP communication & ADC/DAC control. 2016 3. System Simulation Modeling (DES): An Electronics manufacturing line. 2016 4. Industrial robot programming: Pick & Place, motion control and vision system. 2015 5. Product development using robust design methods: DOE, Taguchi & Hybrid method 2015 6. Product development: A Systems Engineering Approach 2015
• Design conception, subsystem integration, selected best design through risk analysis and trade-offs. EDUCATION
1) M.S. Manufacturing & Mechanical Systems Integration, GPA – 3.5 Aug 2018 Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY.
2) B.E. Production Engineering, GPA – 3.5 May 2014 University of Pune, India
• Six Sigma Lean Green Belt (LGBC), License# 16537519, Management and Strategy Institute 2018 SKILLS
Allen-Bradley PLC, RSLogix 5000, Siemens PLC, HMI, SIMIO simulation, Adept Robot V+ programming, Cognex In-Sight 5001, C++, SQL, CNC prog., Predictive Modeling, Python, R prog., RStudio, classification & regression analysis, Minitab, Q-DAS, SolidWorks, CATIA, AutoCAD, CREO parametric, SAP, Tool design, continuous improvement, ANOVA, Statistical-Learning, DMAIC, SPC, DOE.