OBJECTIVE: To work for a Company that epitomizes excellence, continuous learning and promotes the pursuit of success.
-An enthusiastic graduate with high motivation, curiosity and keen interest in the aerospace sector.
-Completed Masters in Mechanical Engineering from one of the best Universities in the UK.
-Worked on projects to build Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Automobiles and Milling Machines.
-Inherently disciplined and hardworking due to being raised in a military family. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1) MSc. (Eng.) Advanced Mechanical Engineering University of Leeds, U.K. (2017-2018)
- Course ended in August 2018.
- Expecting a 1st Class with Distinction/Merit.
1) Aerospace Structures 5) Rotary Wing Aircraft
2) Vehicle Chassis Design 6) Vehicle and Product System Design 3) Computational Fluid Dynamics 7) Engineering Computational Methods 4) Automotive Driveline Engineering
o MASTER’S THESIS: NOx Reduction System for Gas Engine Power Plants in collaboration with GreenFrog Genovate Ltd, UK.
2) B.E. Mechanical Engineering Visvesvaraya Technological University, India (2013-2017)
- Achieved a First-Class degree, with Distinction in three semesters (>70%)
- Awarded 98% for final year project by the University. o Undergraduate Thesis: Design and Fabrication of a Portable CNC Milling Machine.
• Conceptualized the complete design and performed all calculations. The critical components were modelled and analysed on software. Impetus was placed on fabricating a rugged, portable and relatively inexpensive machine.
• This project gave me invaluable experience in managing resources like time and money while demanding application of the theoretical knowledge gained in the course. The project was a resounding success among the external examiners and was showcased at the annual project exhibition. I was awarded an exceptional mark of 98% for the project, by the University.
Vestas Wind Technology R&D, India – November 2018 to Present (5 Months) Vestas, a Danish company, is the world leader in Wind Turbine Technology and has its second largest R&D Centre located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• Currently working as a Trainee Engineer in the Load Analysis Team.
• Simulation of Wind Turbine loads under site specific climatic conditions to predict the extreme and fatigue loads that the turbine will experience over its lifetime of 20-30 years.
• Perform Load Evaluation tasks and Site-Specific Design Assessments which require correspondence with certifying authority, DNV-GL.
1) Participated as a member of Team AVIONS in SAE Aero Design East 2015 at Lakeland, Florida, USA. The competition required to design, build and fly an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). The competition was hosted and judged by SAE and Lockheed Martin. Represented the University and India among 75 teams from Universities around the world and achieved a commendable 18th Place in Micro Class Category.
• Responsibilities: I was the Vice-Captain of Structural Design Department for Aircrafts and the Head of Sponsorship Department. Was part of the team that compiled Design Report for submission to judges from Lockheed Martin and SAE.
• These responsibilities gave me invaluable experience in the structural and designing aspect of aircrafts as well as management of people and resources. 2) Member of Team ENIGMA that participated in Indian Superkarting Series, 2016. The aim of the competition was to build a go-kart with the best performance characteristics within a fixed budget.
• I was the leader of chassis and design department. I also developed optimal 3-D models of proposed go-kart using CATIA V5.
• Received commendations from the judges during the virtual round for a sensible and high- quality design and design report.
Graded coursework performed during Master’s course at the University of Leeds:
• Design of a power transmission shaft for a vehicle (SolidWorks).
• MATLAB program to predict forward flight characteristics of Westland Lynx helicopter.
• Satellite De-tumbling Control Design on MATLAB/Simulink.
• Aerodynamic Analysis of the DSMA641 Aerofoil using ANSYS/Fluent.
• Investigation of Suspension and Steering Performance of the McLaren F1.
• Validation of the Linear Transport Equation using numerical methods on MATLAB. SKILLS:
• General: Microsoft Office, Web skills.
• Programming Languages: C++, MySQL, MATLAB/Simulink.
• Design Software: AutoCAD, CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS, Siemens SolidEdge.
• Analysis Software: ANSYS, Fluent.
• Completed course for Professional in Product Design and Analysis (AutoCAD & CATIA V5).
• Practical Skills: Lathe Operation, Welding, Workshop Operations.
• Adept at building micro-UAVs with practical understanding of aerospace concepts
• Languages: English (IELTS score of 7.5 out of 9.0), Hindi, Kannada. References and certificates available upon request.