* ***** ** ******* *********** - Primarily Automotive precision Manufacturing focusing on Launch and Quality - MSA and PPAP, 8D, APQP, Scrap Reduction, Lean Manufacturing, SPC, Quality Control, Quality Operating System, TS16949, Prototyping, and more. Experience with: CNC machining, castings, powder metal, stamping, fabrication (welding), vehicle frames, shafts, assemblies. Process experience with precision grinding, turning, Milling, polishing, washing, heat treat, straightening, robotic & manual welding, paint (including e-coat), rust prevention, surface treatments (case hardening and oxide), error proofing systems and assembly units
(presses, leak test, vision systems, seals). Gauging experience with Marposs, Adcole, Jenoptik, Keyence, Cognex, Systematix, can operate various CMM's and manipulate programs. Also familiar with Traceability systems (hand scan, laser 2D Matrix, RFID tag). My goal is to continue to move upward in the manufacturing industry, automotive or otherwise, and gain as much experience and knowledge as I can along the ride, and to have fun doing it!Eventually at some time in the future, I would like to see myself be involved in developing new systems and approaches that improve the industry I work in. Also work on various other small projects in IT related professions (System building & repair, programming, software and hardware implementation) Experience
Freelance Freelance Consultant January 2019 - Present Using the experience I have acquired over my career to provide quality consults to businesses less familiar with quality and its various methodologies, standards, and other basic requirements of a successful business. Can help with anything from establishing your quality operating system, to standard updates, assistance in PPAP's, corrective action, new products, training, managing customer relations, etc.
Page 1 of 4
March 2018 - January 2019 (11 months)
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Maintain Supply Chain Relationship for Quality to efficiently resolve manufacturing concerns, and set the standard for supplier expectations. Analyze data and report it to suppliers, providing an effective feedback loop in constantly communicating and improving.
- Support Production/Manufacturing in all aspects of the business, with a hands on approach.
- Develop and maintain (with a cross-functional team) a growing companies new quality operating system as they grow.
- Interface with all departments to create a culture that knows the importance of quality.
- Order, repair, and control inspection equipment (jigs, gauges, inspection stations)
- Develop instructions, processes, and methodologies to support manufacturing in preparation of production ramp-up and new product launches.
- Develop test plans, documentation, and inspection/validation for prototyping, Root cause analysis, manufacturing, and field failures. Also develop systems to support these requirements.
- Lead Root cause analysis from start to finish
- Lead Development of FMEA's & Control plan's, including new ones for new products.
- Lead testing/building of electronics/computers and develop stress tests for product longevity.
- Inspect and train in standard ESD, Crimping, soldering and other various aspects of electronics assembly.
- Analyze and develop automated reporting mechanisms for Cost of poor quality, FTT, Scrap, etc. Page 2 of 4
- Set a precedent for quality workmanship by instilling a pride in team members, thereby bringing up the standard of manufacturing on finished products.
- Support product owners in translating customer feedback to improvements in manufacturing quality components.
March 2017 - March 2018 (1 year 1 month)
Milton, Ontario, Canada
- Primary focus on major launch of new model year vehicle frames for Ford Motor Company
- Develop Processes for Inspection for Suppliers, and internal buy-off of prototypes
- Develop Gauge plans and buy off checking fixture designs and timing to meet program requirements
- Handle Customer Concerns with a high degree of effectiveness
- Conduct and lead Corrective Actions to close out issues for good the first time
- Manage Prototype suppliers in all elements of the prototyping process
- Manage Reviews with customer at various gates in the Launch Process
- Participate in CPMP/APQP objectives
- Directly contribute to FMEA & develop Control Plan, and all required documentation
- Manage and support other product lines and fellow colleagues in ensuring success for the plant beyond launch duties.
- Contribute to CI, and manage systems such as LPA-Admin and Sharepoint Document control to support the department.
May 2016 - March 2017 (11 months)
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Major focus on new launches, PPAP's, Customer Satisfaction (New & old), Corrective Actions, Cell Layouts, managing sorting, Internal Auditing, indirect management of inspectors, and completing my own manual inspections/calibrations using various tools: CMM (Manual and automatic), common gauges, etc.
- High level of self-driven unsupervised initiative in dealing with customers and suppliers with a high impact plant level.
Page 3 of 4
- Accountability to set your own requirement, and face consequences if it is not met.
- frequent Customer visits to maintain communication, inspect product, review customer inspection methods for comparison, and actively work to prevent issues before they became a formal concern.
- Frequent supplier visits to conduct audits, review any concerns, and provide advice and training on quality operating system methodologies.
November 2011 - May 2016 (4 years 7 months)
- As a member of a core team that is in charge of a high volume product line making Camshafts.
- Assigned to high profile launches with Ford & Acura/Honda (New NSX, Honda 4 cylinder engines, TiVCT v6 engines)
- Correspondence and collaborative projects with various customers and suppliers (Honda, Ford, GM)
- Leading teams in Corrective Actions for customer and supplier issues
(Answering the phone, initiating 8D's with cross functional teams, and championing them to closure).
- Responsibilities including documentation control (QOS), SPC, applications of Six Sigma, Scrap Reduction, and various aspects of gauging.
- Using various skills in engineering, production, and manufacturing as an asset/supplementation to our core quality objectives, and in doing so create a world leading precision manufacturing environment.
- Participated in several DoE's with chronic customer issues to find and resolve all causes
- Diagnosed and repaired line-side issues with gauges (including Marposs in-line units and benches)
- Trained and experienced in RFMEA
Quality Engineering Student
September 2010 - August 2011 (1 year)
Camcor Manufacturing - Linamar Corporation - Guelph
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project, and Minitab 16 Statistical Software
- Edited official documents (Control Plans, Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Blueprints, etc. Page 4 of 4
- New and improved Experience in Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Quality Operating Systems, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Spent approx. 2 months working directly with customer as well as 1000+ hours of on-floor experience.
- Demonstration of multitasking, planning, and initiative/responsibility in a highly fast-paced, automotive manufacturing environment, where results are due a.s.a.p. every time. Education/Certifications
Diploma, Quality Engineering Tech.
Weld inspection, preventative maintenance, ASTM/ASME standards, standard writing. CGSB NDT: LPI, MPI, UT, RT, ECT (levels 1/2) Internally trained Auditor