BIBIN KUNJU KUNJU BABU
Danat Hotels & Resorts NCTH.
Abu Dhabi- UAE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationality : India
Birth Date : 8th April 1985
Marital Status : Married
Sex : Male
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil. Career Objective
Seeking a challenging position with in a progressive organization where I can make creative contributions by utilizing my knowledge and skills to the fullest potential with good earnings. Summery
A high caliber accounting and auditing professional with more than 10 years of extensive exposure of working with reputed hotels and resorts in UAE, majorly pertaining to the planning, organization and management of various financial aspects such as accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, invoice preparation, payment collection and financial reporting. Hands-on practice in verifying revenues, trial balances, balance sheets and financial statements and driving periodic internal audits to identify non- compliances in the company’s account books. Well-versed in the integration of sophisticated accounting systems and frameworks with advanced knowledge and experience in using Sun Accounting Package for end-to-end administration of large-scale accounting functions. Exploring challenging opportunities to work with growth-centric companies and utilize a strong set of competencies in a managerial role to achieve pre-defined results. Work Experience-11 Years
• Finance, Accounts & Administration : 11 years
• Currently Working as Financial Accountant in Danat Hotels & Resort Since 2014
• Worked as Income Auditor/Payroll in Danat Al Ain Resort since 2012/2013 to 2014(Reliever for the General Cashier
• Worked as Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Danat Al Ain Resort 2010 to 2012
• Worked as Accounts Receivable Supervisor in InterContinental Al Ain Resort from 2009 to 2010 (Reliever for the Credit Manager for 8 months)
• Worked as Accounts Payable in InterContinental Resort Al Ain from 2008 to 2009
• Worked as Night Auditor, and Outlet Cashier in InterContinental Al Ain Resort from 2007 to 2008
• Worked as Accountant- Finance at Tax and Audit Firm, Kottarakkara from 9th May, 2004 to 30th November, 2006.
• Worked for 1 Year as in-charge (Accounts & Tax Consultants) Institute of Audit and Tax
(I.A.T), Kottarakkara, Kerala, India (Full and Part time) Job Profile – Financial Accountant (current)
Work closely with Financial Controller during month end closing process
Controlling the payroll
Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management
Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
Preparing Bank Reconciliation on daily basis
Reconcile major accounts of Balance sheet (Receivables, Prepayments, Payables & accruals)
Prepare monthly standard General Journals and post in sun system after approval of Finance Manager
Finalize management Reporting (Financial Statement)after successfully month-end closing Job Profile - Income Auditor
• Preparing comprehensive analysis of reports like Profit & Loss, Food & Beverage revenue, and Rolling Forecast.
• Preparing Management Report (i.e. Daily Revenue and Forecast reports) to reflect actual income in all Hotel operations and prepare other income reports to track the performance of revenue centers (i.e. Sales Reports for Special Promotions).
• Preparing and review other daily reports to track internal movements in Rooms (e.g. Occupancy, Market Statistics, Zero Rate & Complimentary Rooms, Post Master Room, Out of Order Rooms, No Shows).
• Analyze guest rate variances and report discrepancies.
• Reconciling General Cashier summary with Micros and Opera reports and verifies bank deposits with cash received from cashiers to audit cash handling.
• Review all room rates, outlet prices and promotions for all revenue centers. Monitor the accuracy of actual price vs. quoted rates in point of sale transactions.
• Control cash receipt vouchers and all manual check issued to cashiers.
• Preparing Bank Reconciliation on daily basis
• Maintaining spot checks and conducting surprise cash counts for all F&B outlets and sport shops.
• Monitoring the status of advance payments for Rooms & Hotel Functions.
• This Ramadan, I designed a simple and systematic control system for prepaid Iftar coupons for both Company & Advance payments, which also became an effective tool to track the sales, consumption, and payment status of the whole Iftar operation.
• Verifying and monitoring rebates, paid-outs, and refunds. III
• Compare Banquets income with event sheets and reconciles Banquet Charges with actual checks.
• Monitor and control Rewards Club (booker-incentive system).
• Responsible for preparation, safekeeping, and proper endorsement of the vouchers to the recipients and prepare a periodic summary and analysis of the booking trends to check the system’s marketing efficacy.
• Verify and prepare Hotel incentives payment schemes to internal staff (e.g. Transportation, Upselling for Front Office and Reservations, Sales Target Incentive).
• Monitor accountability for telephone calls, food outlets consumption and updates staff city ledgers.
• Reconcile payments to revenue centers (e.g. Outlets Tips, Tax, Service Charge, assisting to prepare Balance Sheet
• Monitor and review all actual complimentary and discount (internal &external) checks and comparing with Micros reports, which serves as a check and balance on in-house and promotional entertainment.
Job Profile-AR Supervisor
• For all in-house accounts with direct billing terms, ensuring that the direct billing details are properly set up and approved. Maintaining efficient communication with the hotel's Reservations and Front Office.
• Working closely with the banquet team in ensuring that group master accounts are properly set up and that group deposits are received on time and promptly posted to the group master.
• Ensuring that the necessary backup for all invoices is promptly received from department
• Preparing and sending invoices for guests / groups that have checked-out within 1 day (if no discrepancy)
• Monitoring all Opera Paymaster accounts daily and doing corrective actions to solve any pending issue, if any.
• After sending an invoice, verifying with the invoice recipient that the invoice has been received in the desired format and with the desired details. Promptly resolving all initial disputes and making any necessary invoice modifications.
• Responding promptly to any queries from the hotels regarding the credit status of particular guests
• Monthly Preparing C/L deduction for the staff/Managers
• Investigating and resolving all charge back disputes in the time allowed by the agreement with the credit card clearing company.
• Maintaining a proper filing system for all invoices, credit card statements, Deposit A/C and credit authorizations to ensure their prompt retrieval when needed.
• Preparing Daily Credit Limit Report/High balance Report
• Responding promptly to any queries from the hotels regarding the credit status of particular guests/Company
• Conducting Credit Meeting / Following up for the payment Job Profile-General Cashier
* Collecting the Cash Envelopes from the Back Office with the presence of a Witness. Physically Counting the Cash Envelopes of various Outlets with the presence of a witness.
* Informing the Financial Controller if any Discrepancies in the Cash drop and following up with the respective Outlets.
* Verifying the FOREX dropped with the Opera exchange rates.
* Interacting with the Exchange Company for daily FOREX Transactions.
* Preparing the exact Due Back envelopes which are supposed to be given to the Cashiers.
* Depositing all the Cash & Cheque in the bank for the previous day Sale or revenue.
* Preparing backups for the Cheque received from the Accounts Receivable for City Ledger Payments.
* Preparing Petty Cash if any to be released to the staff.
* Issuing the Casual Payments.
* Going to the Outlets for Spot Cash Count. And counting all the cash transactions and verifying with the Sale Report.
* updating the General Cashier House Bank.
• Arranging the payment of staff salaries through the computerized payroll (Civil Soft)system.
• Calculating and recording sickness payments and processing time sheets.
• Calculating payroll from timesheets and general payroll administration.
• Ensuring all permanent & temporary staff is paid on time.
• Maintaining accurate records of sick/maternity/parental leave.
• Completion and submission of payroll year end.
• Providing training & support to new employees and more junior members of the team. Attach new employees to the computerized pay system.
• Processing expenses and overtime claims.
• Answering queries from staff or external bodies promptly.
• Providing advice to staff and managers about taxation and National Insurance.
• Assisting in the administration of the company pension scheme.
• Undertaking calculations relating to payroll queries, overpayment, and recalls
• Making Month end payroll JVs
Job Profile-Accounts Payable
• Verify and process all accounts payable documents
• Monitor payments and expenditures
• Reconcile vendor's accounts
• Negotiate payment terms with vendors/suppliers
• Resolve invoice discrepancies Process credit memos
• Manage vendor issues
• Maintain the general ledger
• Perform month end account analysis
• Generate and distribute monthly financial reports
• Processing invoices and generating cheques
• Specialization in M.S. Office software and Accounting Software like Tally and Peachtree & Sun
• Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA) from ECIT Computers & Communications, Kottarakkara, Kerala, INDIA.
• Diploma in Foreign Accounting –from Institute of Audit Tax, Kottarakkara, Kerala, India VI
• Bachelor of Commerce from University of Kerala, INDIA. Computer Skills
• Operating Systems : Vision XL, Vision Opera, Ms-Dos, Windows 9x, Windows Me
• Office Automation : Ms-Word, Ms-Power Point, Ms-Excel, Micros, TMS call system, Tiger Call System, FBM, Civil Soft, Skytel Call System, Fidelio & Opera
• Accounting : Tally 7.2 +, Peachtree, Fidelio & Sun Infor system Passport Details
• Passport Number : M 5255722
• Date of Issue : February 11, 2005.
• Watching Dance Programs
• Watching Stage Shows
Dynamic, Enthusiastic and Creative individual.
Able to work under pressure and meet dead lines.
Good organizational skills.
Fast Learning and adapting qualities
Proven ability dealing with different levels of personalities.
Self motivated with potential for professional group
Global Financial Hero Award from IHG-InterContinental Hotel Group
Certificate of attendance for Service Excellence Basics training- Khidma Mumtaza
Certificate of Leadership Training
Certificate of Discussion & Meeting
Holding UAE Driving License
• Mr. Hari Kumar C ( Financial Controller- Danat Al Ain Resort)
• Mr. Rafi Razeen (Director of Finance-InterContinental Marina, Dubai)
• Mr. Sushanth Nambiar ( Executive Assistant Manager- Danat Al Ain Resort)
• Mr. Rajesh Sukumaran ( Human Resource Manager)