• 17+ years of experience leading and managing multiple enterprise-wide projects
• Executing projects from initiation, planning, development, testing to closing.
• Ensuring all projects’ milestones are completed on-time, within scope, and within budget
• Financial Project accounting / Resource Planning
• Executive level presentations and governance reviews PROJECT SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• Assist in the definition and documentation of project scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
• Develop and own full-scale project plans to monitor and track progress
• Define roles and responsibilities
• Resolve complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled
• Plan and schedule timelines and milestones
• Ensure resources availability and allocation
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities appropriately
• Schedule, coordinate, and manage testing and deployment phases
• Solidify budget details and manage project costing accounting (forecast vs. actual)
• Identify issues, risks, and mitigation strategies
• Organize and lead project status and working meetings
• Effectively convey project goals, objectives, and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, clear, and compelling fashion
• Deliver progress updates regularly
• Ensure open communication amongst project team
• Communicate with senior leadership across all areas of the organization including gaining organizational approval and developing and presenting to steering committees
• Implement an effective system of project governance
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans Present reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Conduct post-project review to discuss and document successes and lessons-learned for future projects PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Contractor @ Axa Financial October 2017 to December 2018 IT Project Manager
As the IT Project Manager, responsible for managing strategic projects throughout bid process, launch, and implementation to ensure smooth, efficient, successful program execution in order to secure system-wide standardizations. This requires detailed understanding of the current business models as well as the new requirements and the ability to manage many internal resources from a variety of departments, such as field sales, operations, technical, security, legal, user training, customer service, technical support.
Contractor @ Excellus BCBS May 2017 to September 2017 IT Project Manager
As the IT Project Manager, was responsible for managing and delivering application, operations and/ or business projects for the Excellus Security and Legacy Mainframe Application Teams. Managed the Secure File Transfer Replacement and Tealeaf requirements projects for Security and the HIPAA DB Repository migration, Form 5500 update, Financial Universal Apps migration, Connect Direct migration/ decommission, LBS HSA ARP StreamWeaver and Abandoned Properties migration/replacement, and 1099 new vendor install projects.
Optuminsight - United Health Group 2016 to 2017
Deployment Project Manager / Service Delivery Liaison (SDL) Gather and update required data, statistics, and reports for analysis and to facilitate effective Service monitoring and performance. Ensure Service is available and functional for assigned customers during agreed upon service hours by working with UHG IT and Optum Ops, Engineering, Support and Implementations teams through the ITSM Incident, Change and Problem processes. Partner with the UHG and Optum Instrumentation Engagement team to define, document, implement & tune monitoring requirements. Understand assigned customer's vital business functions and functionality and be able to determine impact of production outage or issue. Respond to Level 1&2 Support page-outs from support for assigned customers and fulfill HIE on call manager rotation duties. Create and review monthly reports with customers. Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements. Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems. Solves complex problems and conducts complex analyses. Work with minimal guidance. Translate concepts into practice. Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues. Coach, provide feedback, and guide others, Act as a resource for others with less experience.
Bank of New York Mellon - Syracuse, NY 2015 to 2016 Sr. Business Project Manager, (Corporate)
Manage medium to large location strategy, process transformation and system development or consolidation initiatives from inception to implementation. Responsible for developing detailed project plans, structuring the project team and monitoring and reporting project results. Manages project related vendor and client relations, leads project team, stakeholder and Senior Management discussions to ensure that project expectations are developed and met. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services - Syracuse, NY 2008 to 2015 Program / Project Manager III (Vendor Management)
Directed virtual/physical server migrations, software installations, server upgrades, statements of work, proposal development, requirements development, and projects with critical data including procurement and implementation
Project Manager II (Medicare Healthcare)
Managed critical data conversion and implementation projects. Performed oversight and day to day management of all contractors and resources within the project. National Government Services Federal Healthcare - Syracuse, NY 2001 to 2007 Sr. Project Manager (IT, Finance, Business)
Provided enterprise wide project oversight for up 15+ team members and 5+ vendors at multiple locations. Lead data migration activities from legacy systems to new systems. This position required up to 75% Travel to all NGS locations.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
BS, Education/Technology Education
State University of New York at Oswego, SUNY Oswego Masters Certificate, Government Contracting
George Washington University
Excelling as a First Time Manager or Supervisor
Fundamentals of Successful Project Management
Coaching and Teambuilding Skills for Managers and Supervisors SkillPath Seminar
PROFESSIONAL / REFERENCES
Former Manager: Charles Deasy – Director, Optum Tech Commercial Services email@example.com +1-571-***-****
Former Manager: Michelle Blair – Manager Finance Projects, Bank of New York Mellon firstname.lastname@example.org +1-315-***-****
Former Manager: Wayne Schmoyer - Manager of Program and Project Management Practice, Hewlett Packard email@example.com +1-754-***-****
Personal: James Fitzgerald – General Manager, United Radio firstname.lastname@example.org +1-315-***-****
This letter is to recommend Jamie Perry.
I was formerly Jamie Perry’s manager in the Optum HIE group. I personally interviewed and hired Jamie Perry for the position of Deployment Project Manager. From the moment he started, Jamie demonstrated that he was a hardworking and consciences individual. He was a quick learner, and was able to gain a good basic understanding of the HIE systems, and Optum processes in a very short time. Within a month of starting, he managed a major and complex core system upgrade activities for one of HIE’s most high profile customer, the State of KY. Throughout the entire upgrade process in both Test and production, Jamie did an outstanding job of coordinating the activities between the Optum engineers, and the customer technical and business resources. The lead for the State of KY emailed that it was the smoothest upgrade they had experienced in years, and personally praised Jamie’s performance.
When a Service Delivery Liaison left the HIE group, Jamie volunteered to take over that person duties while still performing all of his own Deployment PM duties. Jamie helped providing reporting to the active HIE customers on both a weekly and monthly basis. He also helped with decommissioning servers and hardware for customers who left HIE, resulting in a significant monetary benefit for the HIE business.
Jamie has a positive, can do attitude. He is a great team player, and has excellent communication skills.
I would highly recommend Jamie as a prospective employee. Sincerely,
C. Ryan Deasy Optum
Director–Optum Tech Commercial Services