Curriculum Vitae of Mr. John Carlo C. Llanes *
JOHN CARLO C. LLANES
Address: Flat 807, Noora Building Muhaisnah 4, Dubai, UAE Contact: +971*********
Experienced Quantity Surveyor having a four-year work history in a multinational cost consultancy firm and contracting company. Has worked on various projects in the Middle East and effectively collaborated with teams of varying sizes. SKILLS
MAY 2017-DECEMBER 2018
QUANTITY SURVEYOR / ASST. QUANTITY SURVEYOR (PREVIOUS POSITION), ARCADIS, PHILIPPINES
• Involved in pre-contract works including (but not limited to) cost estimating, cost planning, tender analysis, preparation of bill of quantity, and bulk checking for various types of projects in the Middle East Region (e.g. landscape, bridges, tunnels, roads, residential and commercial buildings) using NRM2, POMI and CESMM3.
• Headed a post-contract project and was able to attend site inspections and evaluate contractor’s claim and variation orders according to the condition of contracts.
• Recommendation to project management for certifying of payments on account to the contractor while monitoring and controlling the allotted budget for the project.
• Analyzes all documents, distinguishes all obscured and vital information in need of clarifications or request for supplemental information.
JANUARY 2015-MAY 2017
QUANTITY SURVEYOR / FIELD ENGINEER (PREVIOUS POSITION), DDT KONSTRACT, PHILIPPINES
• Represented the company throughout the bidding process starting from pre-bid meetings, to clarification and quantity reconciliation meetings, and the likes for different kinds of structures (e.g. warehouses, malls, low-rise to high-rise buildings)
• Involved in the preparation of bid documents which includes bill of quantity, unit cost analysis, take-off quantities, bulk checking exercises and other QS related works for the tendering process.
• Prepares request for quotations based on the given specifications of all the needed materials for pricing.
• Supervised the phasing of works on the construction site while monitoring the proper implementation of plans in accordance with the quality standards, budgets and schedule in the construction site.
• Investigation regarding actual vs planned cost in order to maintain the Project Budget Cost and to determine causes of irregularities and evaluation of interim payment certificates issued by the subcontractor. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (2009-2014), University of Santo Tomas
• Master’s Degree in Construction Management (2015-2018), Technological Institute of the Philippines
• Technical Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Quantity Surveyors (2017-present)
• Cost Estimate
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities
• Measurement of Civil, Structural and Architectural Works
• Tender Analysis and Report
• Evaluation of Claims and Variation Orders
• Knowledgeable on NRM, POMI and CESMM
• User of AutoCAD, Planswift, CAD Measure,
Cost X and Microstation
• Construction Management and Cost Control
Curriculum Vitae of Mr. John Carlo C. Llanes 2
PROJECT HIGHLIGHT EXPERIENCES
Arcadis GEC and Global BIM Forum (Manila, Philippines) John attended a 1 week BIM Forum held in Manila together with Arcadis BIM Experts and practitioners around the globe to discuss the current technological trends and roadmap developments on the application of BIM in handling projects. Al Jazira Mall (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
John was part of the team who completed the preparation of pre-tender estimates of civil, architectural and structural works related in Al Jazira Mall. It is a city centre mall with a leasable area of 80,500 square meters in a built-up area of 215,000 sqm and includes 153 retail stores, VOX Cinemas and an entertainment area. Philippine Cerebral Palsy (Makati, Philippines)
John was able to manage a team for a post-contract project of Arcadis in the Philippines. He was able to coordinate any cost and commercial management concerns with the owner, construction management and general contractor through site inspection, reconciliation meetings and weekly site meetings. The New Philippine Cerebral Palsy Building will serve as a new treatment center for cerebral palsy patients and other related motor disorders. VOX Al Maryah (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
John was able to lead the measurement of civil, structural and architectural works related in VOX Al Maryah pre-tender estimates. It is a 21-screen VOX Cinemas situated in Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Central. Umm Lafina Project (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
John was involved in the measurement of all civil, structural and architectural works related in Umm Lafina Project. It is a 10.5km long infrastructure project which includes causeway bridges, ramps and roads. Meydan One Mall (Dubai, UAE)
John was able to do the measurement of the architectural works for Meydan One Mall. It is a mall centrally located in Meydan One with a 621,733 square meters retail district area. The Royal Atlantis (Dubai, UAE)
John was involved in the measurement of the FCD Packages of structural and architectural works for The Royal Atlantis. Located on Palm Jumeirah, it is a 46-storey development that will boast almost 800 guest rooms and 230 serviced apartments. CHARACTER REFERENCE:
Ms. Julie Christie M. Dela Cruz, MBA, BSc CE, PGDipSurv, FPICQS, FRICS, FAIQS Director Cost & Commercial Management Middle East Team, Arcadis Philippines Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: +639********* Mr. Marlon Arnao, BSc CE
Quantity Surveyor, Executive Office Dubai, UAE
Email: email@example.com Contact: +971*********