Christy Persya A, Ph.D. Mobile: +1-720-***-****
Data Scientist Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Scientist with 13 years of hands-on experience in innovating and implementing novel techniques with strong foundation in Computer Science Engineering, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Natural Language Processing (NLP). Passionate about deep learning and neural networks.Experienced in developing predictive intelligence models and text analytics models. Self driven individual and successful team leader who can take a high-level problem and see it to completion. Experienced researcher and professor with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry.
Tools/ Framework: PySpark, Azure Databricks, Jupiter Notebook, R Studio, AWS Tools, Azure power BI
Programming Languages: Python, R, SQL, JAVA, C++
Python Libraries and API: Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, Gensim, REST API, ML pipelines
Machine Learning Algorithms & Statistics: Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Classifications, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Frequency pattern matching, Deep Learning, inferential statistics, hypothesis testing Education
• Ph.D. – Computer and Information Science 2018 (Visvesvaraya Technological University, KA, India)
• Master of Engineering – Embedded System Technologies 2006 (Anna University, TN, India)
• Bachelor of Engineering – Information Technology 2004 (Bharathiyar University, TN, India) Certification
• Online Certification- Convolutional Neural Networks ongoing (deeplearning.ai)
• Certified- Neural Networks and Deep Learning 2019 (deeplearning.ai)
• Certified - Data Science Specialization 2018 (John Hopkins University) Work Experience
Data Scientist - GeakMinds, Inc Sept 2018 – Till date
• Projects: Vendor Contract Analytics, and Content Delivery Network Log Analytics
• Developed a dashboard for buffering and anomaly prediction by performing ETL operations on unstructured data sets to structured data products.
• Worked with datasets of various sizes, some as large as 1TB with 15 variables.
• Used python packages for exploratory data analysis and visualization for content delivery networks log data analytics using advanced querying, visualization and analytics tools.
• Involved in a team to identify, measure and recommend improvement strategies for KPIs across few business areas.
• Used optical character recognition API, Machine learning libraries and NLP libraries in Python (such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit Learn etc.) for finding similarity between the documents and text using cosine similarity algorithm for vendor contract analytics.
• Participated in AI Discovery at Microsoft, Denver to get an insight to Microsoft azure environment with some cognitive features.
• Experience in release/sprint planning activities and daily stand-up meetings. Independent Researcher Nov 2010 - Jan 2018
Research Centre: Visveswaraya Technological University, Bangalore, India.
• Designed and implemented a catastrophe trend detection model for a real-time system in Java and Free RTOS environment.
• Designed and developed success prediction system for a game with team of 4 undergraduate students using Java.
• Designed and developed next word prediction system using R.
• Designed and developed sentiment classification of movie reviews with team of 4 undergraduate students in R by conducting regular brainstorm and review sessions.
• The research efforts resulted in 15 publications in peer reviewed journals and international conferences.
• Communicated effectively and discussed with various scientist like Prof. Tim Poston, Scientist and author of
“Catastrophe theory and its applications”, and scientist from BARC and ADA, to implement the cusp model in real-time system.
• Successfully designed research methodology involving various experimental and analytical techniques, independently interpreted the research results and summarized the findings for the publication and presentation.
• Contributed for the Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Third Edition, July 2014. Associate Professor June 2004 – April 2018
Engineering Colleges / Universities: NMIT, BNMIT, TOCE, SEC Location: Bangalore & Chennai, India.
• Active member of Infosys Campus Connect Program in college by handling crash course for final year engineering graduates.
• Course Instructor for various advance courses like machine learning, data mining, Java, Object oriented programming.
• Supervised 4 post graduate and 4 under graduate students to advance their projects.
• Convener and organizer for various technical events like cloud computing, artificial intelligence and its applications.
• Used R and Python to perform exploratory data analysis and visualization to gain an overall picture of the data. Performed data manipulation and prepared the training and testing sets for modeling with information science engineering students as part of curriculum.
• Developed laboratory working manual for design patterns and advance database management systems course.
• Involved in managerial activities for academic management during accreditation, audit processes
• Leadership in implementation of outcome based education Scientific Publications/Journal Articles