Software Development Engineer in Test
Phone: 571-***-**** Address: Alexandria, VA Email: email@example.com Green Card holder Professional Summary
● Software Test Automation Engineer with 8 years of professional experience and expertise in both Manual Testing and Automation Testing activities, serving various domain such as Finance, Banking and Insurance.
● Deep knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC), including Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
● Experienced in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using core Java and extensively used classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, and exception handling.
● Proven ability in developing and designing Automation Frameworks like Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Framework.
● Experienced creating framework from scratch by using Page Object Model, Page Factory and automation tools like Maven, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins.
● Experienced in using different web browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox Gecko and expert to find web elements from different locators in Selenium.
● Experienced with Git, GitHub as source Version Control System.
● Experienced using Selenium Grid to execute Selenium Automation Suites on different platform, browser combination in parallel.
● Experienced using Cucumber BDD create Features, Scenarios and Steps, Tags and Hooks.
● Experienced on Front-end Test Automation using Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Maven, TestNG, and JUnit.
● Experienced in Back-end testing by using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) for SQL.
● Experienced in REST API testing using POSTMAN and RESTAssured using Java library.
● Hands on experience in Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
● Experience using JUnit and TestNG for executing Test Scripts.
● Experienced using Jenkins server to perform Continuous Integration (CI) trough AWS services.
● Experienced using Jira, ALM as project management bug tracking and management tool.
● Strong problem-solving skills and very good time management skills.
● Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of the team.
● Cross functional Agile team member who can perform Manual and Automation Testing with extensive coding skills.
● Quick learner, detail oriented, positive energy, always make sure to meet the deadlines.
● Ability to grasp and master new technologies, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Able to take initiative, work independently and also as a team player. Tools
Languages Java, Python, SQL, Gherkin, HTML, XML, JSON Tools Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, ExtentReports, Maven, Selenium Grid,
Sauce labs, Browser Stack, Git, GitHub, JDBC, Apache POI, Apache log4j, AWS
Testing Methods Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing
DBMS & Framework Oracle SQL developer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Framework Web Service RESTful, POSTMAN, RESTAssured
Bug Tracking & Project Jira, ALM, Rally
Operating Systems Mac, Windows, Ubuntu, Unix, Linux Centos 06 Certifications
Oracle Certified Associate – Java Programmer
AWS certified – Developer Associate
Certified Professional Scrum Master I
Asurion Sterling, VA
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test May 2016 – PRESENT
● Analyzed Business Requirements documents and identified documents requires for system and Functional Testing efforts for all Scenarios.
● As a cross- functional team member of Agile environment worked closely with product owner to analyzed Acceptance Criteria for User Stories.
● Performed both Manual Testing and Automation Testing in web-based application.
● Involved in Test Design, Test Plan, and preparing Test Result for each executed component.
● Designed and implemented different Automation Framework from scratch like Page Object Model.
● Used Amazon Web Services EC2 for operations in cloud, RDS for database testing, Lambda for executing code in cloud, S3 for storing data.
● Performed Back-end Testing by writing SQL queries in Oracle SQL database.
● Identified web elements using various locators like ID, Name, Class, Tag Name, XPath, CSS, Link Text, and Partial Link Text.
● Used JUnit Cucumber Framework to drive the execution.
● Developed Selenium Automation Framework such as Hybrid Framework (Behavior and Data Driven) on Eclipse IDE using core Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Cucumber, Maven, Git, Page Object Model and Jenkins tool for Continuous Integration.
● Hands on experience in handling synchronization using Implicit Wait and Explicit Waits to improve the automation suite efficiency.
● Designed Automation Test Framework using JUnit, Framework Structures with core Java.
● Working in Agile Scrum teams, analyzed and reviewed User Stories for each Sprint Backlog and making Test Plans, Test Cases with our team lead, QA test engineers and manual tester.
● Creating Maven project instore dependencies and plug-in into POM file under target folder.
● Creating Configuration Properties file put the keyword and value in it under target folder.
● Using Maven folder and structure to create different package: Runners, Pages, Step Definitions, and Utilities classes under src/test/java.
● Using Cucumber BDD to create Test Scenarios / Scenario Outline and stored Test Data into Cucumber examples table.
● Generated Cucumber HTML reports and plug-in with screenshots for every run.
● Contributed in full life cycle of Agile Scrum as a cross functional team member, performed Automation Testing, supported Manual Testing, and provided production support for application release.
● Used POSTMAN for Manual API Testing and RESTAssured library for automation. Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Agile, Java, Cucumber, JUnit, Maven, Jira, Oracle SQL developer, HTML, CSS, XPath, POSTMAN, Rest-Assured, Oracle SQL, Jenkins, Eclipse IDE, Windows.
Transaction Network Services Inc Reston, VA
Software Development Engineer in Test April 2013 – May 2016
● Involved in analyzing the Requirement documents and involving in writing Test Cases and Test Scripts.
● Participated in Agile Scrum methodology as a cross functional team member.
● Developed Automation Framework from scratch using Page Object Model (POM) and built reusable functions.
● Maintained and updating using SQL queries to validate data integrity database table in MySQL.
● Attended Requirement Review meeting and provide feedback to the business analysts.
● Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Black-box Testing, White-box Testing for web- based application using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Maven and TestNG.
● Reported software defects/bugs in Jira and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
● Used Extent Reports for BDD Framework.
● Participated in various Sprint Planning, Test Planning and Test Strategy meeting to analyze Product Backlog items and Sprint Backlog items.
● Extensively used Selenium WebDriver find web element locators like ID, Name, Tag Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS.
● Responsible for developing, maintaining and executing daily Smoke Test script in multiple testing environments to check the application stability.
● Used Apache POI to read from Excel sheets to perform Data Driven Testing.
● Created Data Driven Framework in Maven project, instore dependencies and plug-in in POM.xml file and creates Configuration Properties files.
● Used POSTMAN for Manual API Testing and RESTAssured library in Java.
● Analyzed and review User Stories, Features for the applications’ functionalities and provided feedback to the team.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Maven, Jira, Oracle, Postman, Rest-Assured, HTML, Jenkins, Git, SQL, TestNG.
Navy Federal Credit Union Vienna, VA
QA ANALYST June 2011 – April 2013
● Involved in creating various documents including Test Script, Test Strategy, and Test Scenarios.
● Attended different type of Sprint meeting: Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Daily Standup meeting for each Sprint Backlog with team lead, QA testers, and developers.
● Involved in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that Test Case coverage for all requirements.
● Performed Back-end Testing, database table manipulation of relational database system by writing complex SQL queries in PostgreSQL.
● Analyzed and studied Business Requirements Sprint Backlog and identified documents required for Functional Testing efforts for all Test Cases.
● Participated in Requirement Review meetings and provided input based on the SMART Entrance and Exit Criteria.
● Designed the efficient Manual Test Cases based on analysis of Business Requirement, Functional Specification, Technical Design Documents and Supporting Documents.
● Attending actively several Walk-Through meetings with my team members to do communication and collaboration on our project to update a clear and strong understanding of each User Stories.
● Prepared and wrote Test Cases based on User Stories and Test Strategy.
● Responsible for Manual Testing for each Test Cases.
● Responsible for analyzing the result and providing the result to the team.
● Responsible for daily Smoke Test Case execution manually and provided timely report to the testing team.
● Track and report software defects suing Jira and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
● Communicated with development team to resolve and retest defects.
● Involved in weekly meetings to verify the status of testing and to discuss defects.
● Responsible for performing Positive and Negative Testing for some Manual Test Cases in Regression Suites, locating defects and validate if it’s reproducible and then logged defect. Environment: Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, ALM, Oracle, Jira, SQL server, Manual Testing, Automation Testing.