Dr. SHAHLA SHAFIQUE,
MBBS, MD (Biochemistry)
Medical Council of India, Reg. No.MCI/37758
• Medical Laboratory Clinical Biochemist skilled in performing, conducting and analyzing laboratory assays and resolving clinical and instrumental problems.
• Organized Medical Laboratory Clinical Biochemist proficient at precisely analyzing, recording and reporting test results, including abnormal specimen.
I would like to continue to expand my knowledge of the latest developments in laboratory testing and instrumentation in the field of healthcare.
Institute: Katihar Medical College, Katihar, Bihar, India University: B.N.Mandal University [BNMU], Madhepura, Bihar. M.D. Biochemistry
Institute: Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India
University: Swami Rama Himalayan University [SRHU], Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India
• As Junior Resident in Dada Dev Matri Avum Shishu Chikitsalaya, New Delhi from 31/07/2009 till 30/01/2010 for period of one year.
• As Junior Resident in Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Hospital, New Delhi from 10/07/2010 to 9/07/2011 for a period of one year.
Experience (Post M.D.)
Department Name of
in Years &
Total Teaching Experience - 3 years and 8 months
Undergraduate Medical Education:
Degree: Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (M.B.B.S.)
Date of Graduation: May 2007
Compulsory Rotatory Internship from 16/8/2007 to 15/8/2008 Postgraduate Medical Education:
Degree: MD Biochemistry
Period: May 2012 –June 2015
• Supervision, Management and an Authorized Signatory by NABL for cross checking and reporting of all the
Biochemical as well Immunological tests performed in the clinical Biochemistry Laboratory of a hospital.
• Overall responsible for the given section of the laboratory.
• Supervise test as per laboratory protocols.
• To ensure that all clinical samples are processed on time.
• To ensure that all clinical reports are dispatched without any delay.
• To check and ensure that no report is pending.
• Ensure proper functioning of laboratory quality management system.
• Ensure that the results of nonconforming examinations already released are recalled or appropriately identified, if necessary.
• Accept add on request within acceptable time limits for requesting additional examinations.
• Co-ordinate and supervise repeat examination due to analytical failure or further examinations of same primary sample.
• If compromised primary samples are accepted, the final report shall indicate the nature of the problem and, if applicable, ensure that caution is exercised when interpreting the result.
• Ensure the storage of the primary sample and other laboratory samples shall be in accordance with approval policy.
• Follow hospital policy for stat, add on and verbal requests.
• Ensure safe disposal of samples no longer required for examinations are carried out in accordance with local regulations/recommendations for waste management.
• Ensure that there is immediate notification of “ critical value” to the concerned clinician.
• Ensure timely reporting of any urgent sample received in the laboratory.
• Monitoring of turnaround time for the given laboratory section.
• Weekly seminars and journal club.
• Lectures and practical classes for undergraduate medical students, nursing and allied course students.
Level of serum Myeloperoxidase in Different Stages of Chronic Kidney disease in 2015 under the guidance of Dr. N S Jyala, Professor & HOD, Dept. of Biochemistry, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
Skill • Trained Highlights and worked as
Biochemist for past 6.5
years in a NABL
• Prioritization of
• Test results interpretation • Critical thinking
• Quality control procedures • Customer service
• Clinical assays proficiency • Data collection
• Lab equipment calibration • Data entry
• Test result validity
• Active listening skills • Microsoft Excel
• Courteous demeanor • Microsoft PowerPoint
• Enjoy working in a high
energy work environment
• Microsoft Word
• Adaptive team player • Telephone skills
• Strong organizational skills • Time Management
• Presented poster titled Level of serum Myeloperoxidase in End stage renal disease in 54th Annual Conference
(NAMSCON 2014 ) of National Academy of Medical
Sciences (India) at AIIMS, Rishikesh.
• Presented a research paper entitled Myeloperoxidase in chronic kidney disease (Oral) under the discipline Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology in 9th Uttarakhand State Science and technology Congress 2014-15 by Uttarakhand state council for sciences and technology ( UCOST), Dehradun.
• Article published on Autoimmunity in SOUVENIR CME Workshop on Autoimmunity and Autoimmune Diseases by Indian Immunology Society, New Delhi on 10
Conferences & Workshops Attended:
• SMC Biochem CME 2014, Subharti Medical College,
• Hands on Workshop in Laboratory Medicine, Moving Academy of Medicine and Biomedicine, Pune 2014.
• Namscon, AIIMS Rishikesh 2014.
• The genetic and Genomic Practice of Modern Clinical Medicine, SRHU Dehradun 2015.
• UCOST Dehradun 2015
• CAHOCON at BLK Hospital, New Delhi 2017.
• Quality Management Systems and Internal Audit in Medical Laboratories as per ISO 15189:2012, New Delhi 2017
• Recent advances in food fortification with emphasis on Vit D deficiency in human health, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi 2018
• Workshop on Method Validation and Verification, CLSI perspective, RMLH Hospital, New Delhi 2018
Institution Period Field of Training
College, Meerut, U.P.
29th Jan 2014 Academy of Metabolic and
Moving Academy of
6th to 11th Oct
Hands on Workshop in
31st May, 1st and
2nd Sep 2016
Key Operator Training
Program on VITROS ECiQ
B.L. Kapur Memorial
13th April 2017 Method
handling IQC and EQAS
and Learning Point,
3rd May to 6th
System and Internal Audit
in Medical Laboratories as
per ISO 15189:2012
RMLH Hospital, New
3rd Oct to 4th Oct
Method Validation and
Present Job profile:
• Supervision of lab as per protocols.
• Performing clinical validation.
• Audit the use and diagnostic performance of the test . Area of interest:
• Clinical Biochemistry
• Molecular Biology
• Primarily as a healthcare provider, my vision is a world where I will contribute with my full potential to
improve/expand the scope of healthcare diagnostic services which will benefit patients and ultimately hospital.
• With my intrinsic genius and leadership qualities I will work towards implementation of ISO 15189:2012, NABH &
NABL standards to our laboratory services.
• I will help in establishing molecular lab in the institute. References: Available on request