Analytical Researcher with strong mathematics/analytics background and 3+ years of programming experience in data warehousing, data processing, and predictive modeling to solve challenging business problems. Passionate about statistics and machine learning. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Programming Skills: Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, AWS (EC2)
• Analytical Skills: Data collection & mining, Text analysis, Modeling, Forecasting, Clustering, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
• Business Intelligence: Tableau, QlikView, Atleryx, Spotfire, SPSS Modeler
• Certificate: Applied Data Science with Python, a 5-course specialization by University of Michigan on Coursera Machine Learning, a 4-course specialization by University of Washington on Coursera Deep Learning, a 5-course specialization by deeplearning.ai on Coursera EDUCATION
Fordham University, Gabelli School of Business, New York, NY 09/2017 – 02/2019 Master of Science, Business Analytics (GPA:3.73 / 4.00)
• Awards: Dean’s scholarship, Fellowship Award (Center for Digital Transformation) Fu-Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan 09/2007 – 06/2012 Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics
Fordham University, Gabelli School of Business, New York, NY Graduate Research Assistant
12/2017 – 12/2018
• Scrapped data from websites (BeautifulSoup, Selenium) and transformed data (Pandas, Numpy) for research.
• Provided statistical insights to analyze and explore distribution for projects (Heritage Freedom, Gig Economy, etc.) using R and Python.
• Created and revised tutorials (Scikit-Learn, CNTK, IBM DB2, and SQL) for courses, Artificial Intelligence and Database Management.
• Leveraged knowledge of Python and SQL to provide guidance and support for graduate students. Freelancer, Taipei, Taiwan 03/2016 – 01/2017
• Designed Entity-Relationship diagrams (ERD) and developed corresponding documentation for data dictionary with attributes, table names, and constraints.
• Proposed solutions and worked with clients to analyze functional specification and configuration specification documents.
• Performed unit testing framework with JUnit for shotgun debugging. Softleader Technology Corporation, Taipei, Taiwan 05/2014 – 12/2015 Programmer (Java/SQL)
• Developed SQL hierarchical scripts, stored procedures, and financial functions from multiple databases according to insurance specifications.
• Involved in query optimization, performance tuning, and rebuilding indexes for better database performance.
• Implementation of financial statements utilizing Crystal Reports for business analysis and decision-making. PROJECTS
Machine Learning for March Madness Prediction – Deloitte, New York, NY 01/2018 – 03/2018
• Developed 4 supervised models (SVM, Random Forests, Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosted Trees) to predict the March Madness winners from 16 years of historical basketball data.
• Explored data distribution and evaluated model performances using graph algorithms. (Seaborn, Matplotlib)
• Conducted synthetic samples, feature selection, hyperparameter tuning, and GridSearch with cross-validation (SKlearn) for enhancing model performance.
Cyber Security Natural Language Processing Challenge – United Nations, New York, NY 02/2018 – 05/2018
• Processed data from national cybersecurity strategy documents over 76 countries using content-based to generalize topics and label sentences (applying TFIDF, NLTK, LDA).
• Promoted classification process conducting Logistic Regression model (SKlearn) to generate classifier chains.
• Evaluated model applying Jaccard Similarity Score for multi-label text data. Statistical Analysis for Freelancer Project, New York, NY 08/2018 – 11/2018
• Development of model for statistical analysis to explore what factors affect freelancer to be hired using Fixed Effects Logistic Regression model.
• Scrapped unstructured data from a crowdsourcing website (Freelancer.com) with over 45,000 records of employer-freelancer-pair from 4,500 posted projects.
Chien-Min (Jammy) Wang
̇43-22 Queens Street, Long Island City NY 11101 ̇702 292-4629 ̇firstname.lastname@example.org