Edwardsville, IL, 62025
I have an undergraduate degree in Biotechnology, a highly diversified field that empowers me with the necessary tools to fill in the gaps that still exist in the medical field and, through my research, eventually to better the quality of life for the humanity. I have proven to be a valuable asset to any company or lab that I work for by drawing on my knowledge, past experience, willingness to learn, and continuously improving my managerial, laboratory and research skills. I am confident that through my hard work and determination, I will continue to be a valuable asset to any organization I will be part off.
Bachelor in Biotechnology, Universidad Latina de Panamá, Panamá. Graduated on May 2015. Master of Science student at the Southern University of Edwardsville. Expected graduation date: May 2019. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Knowledge in: Cell culture, lab techniques, Microsoft office, project planning, basic Bioinformatics tools (BLAST) Certificates: Monitoring of public investment projects and execution control, Formulation and Evaluation of Public Investment Projects, Martial Arts Instructor.
Machinery: PCR, Flow Cytometry, centrifuge, equipment of molecular and cellular biology. Languages: English, Spanish.
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY OF EDWARDSVILLE United States, Illinois Master student August 2017 –May 2019
• Cell culture. HT29 cell line
• Helicobacter canadensis culture in calf blood slants
• RNA purification extraction, qRT-PCR, and other immune staining techniques
• Courses in bioinformatics, genetics, microbial pathogenesis, R tools, seminars, and thesis hours AUTHORITY OF THE AQUATIC RESOURCES OF PANAMA- ARAP, I+D Ave. Justo Arosemena, Panamá Technical Researcher Nov 2015 –July 2017
For greater sustainability of Panama marine resources, I coordinated research in aquaculture and fish biodiversity. Based on my training I created a workshop to provide my colleges with the necessary tools required for their specific research projects. Projects: Molecular identification of macroalgae and Molecular markers for invasive species on the Republic of Panama. LABORATORY OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE SMITHSONIAN Calzada de Amador, Panamá Research Assistant Jul 2015 – Sept 2015
• Extraction, purification, amplification by PCR and DNA sequencing for fruit flies and soil samples.
• Sanger sequencing
INDICASAT, AIP Clayton, Panamá
Undergraduate Researcher / Professional practice Nov 2014 – Jun 2015
• Seeding and growing of cells to identify its population and properties
• Cultivation, identification, freezing, cell counting and the application of the technique of flow cytometry with antibodies to H460 cell line and mesenchymal stem cells
• Work on decellularization procedures of pig brains for biomaterials through the application of different protocols BIOLOGICAL TESTING LABORATORY (Lebi) San Jose, Costa Rica Undergraduate Researcher Jun 2014 – Oct 2014
• Detection of bacterial endotoxin in water used to prepare dialysate through the technique of Gel Clot
• Pesticide extraction from Sprague-Dawley rat fur UNIVERSITY OF COSTA RICA – FACULTY OF MEDICINE San Jose, Costa Rica Undergraduate Researcher Jun 2014 –Oct 2014
• I improved my aseptic techniques in cell culture and maintained a cell line through research, study and development.
HOSPITAL COMPLEX C.S. S Transismica, Panamá
Internship with Dr. Luis Sotillo Sept 2013 – Dec 2013
• Manual and automated extraction of DNA with equipment QIA cube
• Final time and Real-time PCR
• Agarose gel electrophoresis
• Illinois State Academy of Science April 2018, U.S, IL.
• INDICASAT-AIP Feb 2016, Panama, Panama
“International Conference on Advances in Biomedicine and Last Interdisciplinary Science”
• Writing Seminar Proposals for Scientific Research, SENACYT Feb 2016, Panama, Panama
• Strategies for scientific dissemination Aug 2015, Panama, Panama
• Prevention of occupational hazards Jul 2014, San Jose, Costa Rica
• Regional ACCMAL IV Scientific Meeting Jul 2014, San Jose, Costa Rica
"The quality of biomodels experimentation and its impact on biomedical research"
• First American Scientific Congress 2012 Nov 2014, Panama, Panama
"Study of possible uses microalgae biodiesel production."
• Training of PNUMA-GEF project Sept 2012, Panama, Panama
"Continued Increase Capacity Building for Effective Participation in the Clearing Center of Information Safety in Biotechnology"
Morpho-molecular identification of the
macroalgae of the southeastern coast of the
Azuero Peninsula, Province of Los Santos.
2016 APANAC Congress. Panama, Panama.
2017 SOFILAC XI Congress. Cali, Colombia.
Molecular characterization of the main species of
cyclides (Perciformes: Cichlidae), present in the
Republic of Panama.
2016 APANAC Congress. Panama, Panama.
Fulbright Scholarship 2017-2019
$475 for Spring 2018 Research Grants for
Graduate Students (RGGS)
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville