John Mc Vie
Mobile : 076*******
• Safety Office  with aggregate of 99% from Risk Elimination & Safety Solutions (RESS)
• Supervisor Training  with aggregate of 90% from Weldtech Sasol Secunda
• Micro-Computing  with aggregate of 100% from Durban Computer College
• Matric  with aggregate of 75% from Newlands East Secondary School
• Pipe Fitting level 4  with aggregate of 99% from Campbel College & Training Center
• First aid level 1  with aggregate of 100% from Phakamisa Izinga
• Fire Fighting  with aggregate of 100% from Phakamisa Izinga WORK EXPERIENCE
• Worked as Piping Foremen in Goss & Balfe from Feb 2013 to Jul 2013 Role :To ensure that all employees working under me was allocated to specific task to be carried out to his strength.To make sure that all paperwork was ready and signed off by relevant persons before any permit to work was applied for.That all work was carried out safely and on time.That the quality of each job was maintained before signing off to QC department.
• Worked as Supervisor in Hydra Arc from Aug 2013 to Sep 2013 Role :To make sure that all paperwork was in place before anypermit to work was applied for.That all safety standards was in place before any work was carried out.That employees were competent to do his task.That all equipment required for each job was readily available for use.To work hand in hand with QC & Safety to carry out each task.To sign off on each hold point on QCP and when each job was completed. To attend daily production meetings with Sasol stakeholders to update on status of the project.
• Worked as Pipe Fitter in Trinaty Engineering from Oct 2013 to Dec 2013 Role :Fabricate and instail pipework in both NCP Newcastle and Kabokem Newcastle. To keep to both safety and quality and getting all work fine on time.
• Worked as Fabricator in Decoma services from Feb 2014 to Jul 2014 Role :To fabricate spools as per isometric drawing for Kusila Power Station.To keep to safety quality and time.To developed templates for some of the intricate work to be carried out and to fabricate.
• Worked as Pioe fitter in Kentz Engineers from Aug 2014 to Sep 2014 Role :To d
fabricate and install spools onto Engen refinery site.Keeping to safety & quality. To complete each task I'm allocated time.
• Worked as Pipe fitter in Installation & Construction from Oct 2014 to Jan 2015 Role :To fabricate spool and install them on site .First in Engen Depot East London then IOP island View.To carry out pressure test where it was required.
• Worked as Piping Foreman in Goss & Balfe (Rodcon) from Feb 2015 to Jun 2015 Role :To ensure that all employees working under me was allocated to specific task to be carried outti his strengts.To make sure that all paperwork was ready and sign off by relevant persons before permet to work was applied for.That all work was carried out safety and on time.That the quality of each job was maintained before signing off to QC department.
• Worked as Pipe Fitter in Bevline Mechanical Projects from Oct 2015 to May 2016 Role :To fabricate and install new and prefabed spools in LPG phase 1 project.Keeping to safety quality and time.
• Worked as Piping foreman in SNC lavalen Kentz from Aug 2016 to Nov 2016 Role :To assist the supervisor with all pipework that was allocated to us.To get all paperwork in order before a permit to work was applied for.Update the superintendent on progress of each job.That each pipe fitter under me was competent to efficiently execute his task.
• Worked as Boilermaker in John Thompson from Feb 2018 to Mar 2018 Role :To remove old superheater elements and replace with new in boiler 4 in Darnal suger mill
• Worked as Fabricator in Channel Contruction from Apr 2018 to May 2018 Role :To fabricate stainless steel pipe work for sappi Saiccor mill.To fabricate stainless steel 16 inch header and instail inside Saiccor wood yard
• Worked as Supervisor in Hydra Arc from Aug 2018 to Sep 2018 Role :To supervise a team of welders,pipefitters & boilermakers to carry ou maintenance repairs on Sasol Secunda.To liaise with OPs regarding safety of pipeline to be worked on.To liase with QC department quality and to sell completed work to AIA.
• Worked as Boilermaker in Protea Engineering from Nov 2018 to Mar 2019 Role :To fabricate work as per drawings.To roll,bend and cut when required. To tack work together for welder and if and when required tow weld work.Keeping to Safety&time and quality. FIELD OF INTERESTS
• Teaching of piping
• Design of pipelines
SNC lavalen Kentz
SNC Lavalen Kentz