Libin Zhang, PH.D
801-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Pittsburgh, PA
****- **** **. *. ** Organic chemistry. Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China 2003- 2007 B.S. in Applied chemistry. College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, China B.S. in Biotechnology. College of Biology, Jilin University, Changchun, China RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY Pittsburgh, PA, 11/19
Postdoctoral Fellow (Supervisor: Dr. Alan J. Russell and Dr. Krzysztof Matyjaszewski) Projects: In situ growth of oxime containing polymers protect Butyrylcholinesterase against nerve agents. UNIVERSITY OF UTAH Salt Lake City, UT, 11/17
Postdoctoral Fellow (Supervisor: Dr. Jindřich Kopeček) Projects: Developed antibody-polymer-drug conjugates (ADC) with higher drug-antibody ratio (>40) Designed antibody-peptide / morpholino conjugates to induce lymphoma cell apoptosis. Created and evaluated 125I and 111In labeled polymer-drug conjugates by pharmacokinetics studies. TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY Beijing, China, 12/14
Postdoctoral Fellow (Supervisor: Dr. Weiping Gao)
Projects: Developed antibody-polymer-dye conjugates with signal amplification SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
Synthetic Chemistry: Organic synthesis in the scales of TLC, small preparative, preparative and macroscale. Polymer synthesis by ATRP and RAFT. Product separation and purification through extraction, sonication, distillation, centrifugation, recrystallization, chromatography (including flash chromatography), etc. Physiochemical Characterization: 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR, Variable-Temperature NMR, UV-Vis, ESI-MS, MALDI-TOF-MS, HPLC, FPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, IR, DLS, zeta potential, Circular Dichroism, Elemental Analysis.
Biopharmaceutical Techniques: Protein chemistry/purification, bioconjugate chemistry, polymerization, drug formulation, solid phase synthesis (peptides), radiolabeling method. Cellular and Molecular Biology Techniques: Cell-based assays (IC50, apoptosis, binding affinity and internalization assays), flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, mammalian tissue culture (human cancer cell lines and primary human/mouse cancer cells), ELISA, SDS-PAGE.
Animal Models and In Vivo Techniques: Live animal (mice and rats) handling, tissue dissection/processing, pharmacokinetics and biodistribution.
Best research paper awards in 2017 from European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Excellent Award of Young Scientists (Top 10%), Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011
“Liuhonglin” Prize (Top 10%), Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011 RESEARCH SUPPORT
China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (54th, Sep., 2013-Nov. 2014, Grant Number: 2013M540968) PATENTS
1. Mei-Xiang Wang, De-Xian Wang, Li-Bin Zhang. Biotransformation method to prepare chiral unusual amino acids. China Assigned Application No. CN1563072D.
2. Wei-ping Gao, Li-Bin Zhang. Preparation of antibody-polymer and antibody-polymer fluorcence derivertives. China Assigned Application No. 201410480011.4
3. YANG, Jiyuan; KOPECEK, Jindrich; ZHANG, Libin, FANG, Yixin, “ANTIBODY-POLYMER-DRUG CONJUGATES”, Patent No. WO 201-***-**** A1.
1. Libin Zhang, Yixin Fang, Lian Li, Jiyuan Yang, D Christopher Radford, Jindřich Kopeček*, “Human Serum Albumin-Based Drug-Free Macromolecular Therapeutics: Apoptosis Induction by Coiled-Coil-Mediated Cross-Linking of CD20 Antigens on Lymphoma B Cell Surface”, Macromolecular Bioscience, 2018, DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201800224.
2. Yu-Fei Ao*, Li-Bin Zhang, Qi-Qiang Wang, De-Xian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang, “Biocatalytic Desymmetrization of Prochiral 3-Aryl and 3-Arylmethyl Glutaramides: Different Remote Substituent Effect on Catalytic Efficiency and Enantioselectivity”, Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2018, 360, 1-11. 3. Libin Zhang, Yixin Fang, Jindřich Kopeček,*, Jiyuan Yang*, “A new construct of antibody-drug conjugates for treatment of B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas”, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017, 103, 36–46. 4. Libin Zhang, Yixin Fang, Jindřich Kopeček and Jiyuan Yang, “Drug-free macromolecular therapeutics: Impact of structure on induction of apoptosis in Raji B cells” Journal of Controlled Release, 2017, 263, 139–150. 5. Jiyuan Yang, Rui Zhang, Huaizhong Pan, Yixin Fang, Libin Zhang and Jindřich Kopeček “Backbone Degradable HPMA Copolymer Conjugates with Gemcitabine and Paclitaxel: Impact of Molecular Weight on Activity toward Human Ovarian Carcinoma Xenografts” Molecular. Pharmaceutics, DOI: 0.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.6b01005. 6. Libin Zhang, Rui Zhang, Jiyuan Yang, Jiawei Wang, Jindřich Kopeček, “Indium-based and iodine-based labeling of HPMA copolymer–epirubicin conjugates: Impact of structure on the in vivo fate”, Journal of Controlled Release, 2016, 235, 306–318.
7. Jin Hu, Guilin Wang, Wenguo Zhao, Xinyu Liu, Libin Zhang, Weiping Gao, “Site-specific in situ growth of an interferon-polymer conjugate that outperforms PEGASYS in cancer therapy”, Biomaterials, 2016, 96, 84-92. 8. Libin Zhang, Wenguo Zhao, Xinyu Liu, Guilin Wang, Yang Wang, Dong Li, Liangzhi Xie, Yan Gao, Haiteng Deng, Weiping Gao, “Site-selective in situ growth of fluorescent polymer-antibody conjugates with enhanced antigen detection by signal amplification”, Biomaterials, 2015, 64, 2-9. 9. Li-Bin Zhang, De-Xian Wang, Liang Zhao, Mei-Xiang Wang, “Synthesis and Application of Enantioenriched Functionalized α Tetrasubstituted α Amino Acids from Biocatalytic Desymmetrization of Prochiral α
Aminomalonamides”, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2012, 77, 5584−5591. 10. Li-Bin Zhang, De-Xian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang, “Microbial whole cell-catalyzed desymmetrization of prochiral malonamides: practical synthesis of enantioenriched functionalized carbamoylacetates and their application in the preparation of unusual α-amino acids”, Tetrahedron, 2011, 67, 5604−5609. PUBLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. L. Zhang, S. L. Baker, H. Murata, W. Ji, K. Matyjaszewski, and A. Russell. Intramolecular self-reactivation Butyrylcholinesterase (BChE) in poly-oxime enzyme conjugate. To be submitted to Advanced Materials, 2019 2. W. Ji, R. Koepsel, J. Anderson, L. Zhang, S. Carmali, and A. Russell. Erythrocytes as carriers of immunoglobulin based therapeutic drugs. Submitted to Biomaterials, 2019. 3. W. Ji, A. Enciso, L. Zhang, K. Matyjaszewskiand, and A. Russell. Living radical polymerizations from the surface of living human cells. To be submitted to Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2019. CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
1. Libin Zhang, Nicholas Harris, Weihang Ji, Hironobu Murata, Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, and Alan J. Russell, “In Situ Growth of Acetylcholinesterase-Oxime Polymer Conjugate Scavengers of Organophosphate Nerve Agent Toxicity”, Poster Presentation, 2018 AIChE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, Oct 28-Nov 2, 2018. 2. Libin Zhang, Yixin Fang, Jindřich Kopeček, Jiyuan Yang, Poster Presentation, “Polymer-Aided Rituximab-Epirubicin Conjugate for Treatment of B-Cell Malignancies” Poster Presentation, 253rd ACS National Meeting, San Francisco, April 2-6, 2017.
3. Libin Zhang, Rui Zhang, Jiyuan Yang, Jindřich Kopeček*, “Dual-Radio-Labeled HPMA opolymer-Drug Conjugate In Vivo Imaging Studies”, Poster Presentation, 17th International Drug Delivery Symposium: Diverse Therapeutic Approaches to Address Disease Heterogeneity, Salt Lake City, USA, June 14-17, 2015. 4. Libin Zhang, Wenguo Zhao, Lin Liu, Weiping Gao*, “High Yield In Situ Growth of a Stealth Polymer from the N-Terminus of Three Proteins”, Poster Presentation, 2013 National Conference of Polymer Chemistry, Shanghai, China, October 12-16, 2013.
5. Li-Bin Zhang, De-Xian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang*, “Biocatalytic Desymmetrization of Functional Prochiral Malonamides: Practical Synthesis of Enantioenriched Functionalized Carbamoylacetates and Their Application”, Poster Presentation, the 7th National Conference of Organic Chemistry, Nanjing, China, November 12-15, 2011.
6. Chen Peng, Libin Zhang, De-Xian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang, “Biocatalytic Desymmetrization of Prochiral unctionalized Malonamides and meso-NHeterocyclic Dicarboamides Highly Efficient Synthesis of Chiral Monoamido Acid”, 11th Tetrahedron Symposium Frontiers of Organic Chemistry, At Beijing, China, Conference poster, June 2010.
Member of American Chemical Society (ACS)
Member of American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Peer Reviewer RSC Advances
Peer Reviewer Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology Peer Reviewer ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
Peer Reviewer SCIENCE CHINA Materials
Peer Reviewer Analytical Methods
Peer Reviewer New Journal of Chemistry