**** **** *** *****, ************, PA 19151
Skilled Assistant Managing Director of the Philadelphia Prison Population Unit. Solid understanding of, and a great deal of experience with, various computer programs that include, but are not limited to: Excel, Word, and Outlook. Excellent understanding of various job-related programs, such as CPCMS, Lock & Track, AOPC and The Special Release Program.
THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
Assistant Managing Director of the Prison Population Unit 1401 JFK Blvd., Philadelphia, PA March 2010 - Current
• Monitor the Prison Population for Special Release.
• Use several computer programs to generate a Special Release list on a twice-weekly basis. Strong interpersonal skills
Social media knowledge
Excellent communication skills
Professional phone etiquette
Articulate and well-spoken
Accurate and detailed
Works well under pressure
Superior verbal and written communication
Calm under pressure
Exceptional attention to detail
Stellar editing and proofreading skills
A team player
Willing to learn new and challenging tasks
• Present completed list of candidates in front of a member of the Prisons Pre-Trial Services, the District Attorney's Office, and a Trial Commissioner on a twice-weekly basis.
• Communicate with members of the Pre-Trial Unit, as well as the Public Defender's office, about related matters.
• Review suggestions for candidates for the Special Release list.
• Fax the results of the Special Release hearings to the attendees of the hearings. Perform other office duties, as assigned.
THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
Clerical Assistant to the Counsel Fees Unit 1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19102-1683 Verify payment voucher against CPCMS docking information. Process appropriate fee for attorney.
Research attorney's account.
Block payments, if necessary.
Perform random audits of accounts.
Alphabetize voucher payments.
Make corrections before submitting to City Finance for final payment. TV GUIDE MAGAZINE
Copy Editor/Writer 4 Radnor Corporate Center, Wayne, PA 19087 September 1999 - September 2008 Proofread 50-to-100-word documents, with 100% accuracy. Checked TV listings and close-ups for grammatical and syntactical errors. Consulted with authors of close-ups that needed to be revised. Sorted copies of finished close-ups and guidelines and distributed them accordingly. Penned copy for various genres of TV listings.
Updated digital media with snappy, timely content daily. Wrote and edited long- and short-form copy for blogs, websites, social media, presentations, training materials and more.
Wrote in several styles and voices for website, print and internal documents. Prioritized workflow and managed schedules to deliver completed projects under deadline. Responded constructively to direction and feedback, both positive and negative. Participated in various database projects, as assigned. EDUCATION
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE Communication Sciences
Temple University, School of Media and Communication 2020 N. 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122 1997 3.1 GPA
Compiled a course guide for prospective undergraduate Communication Science majors.