A compliance professional well versed in safety standards and EMC testing PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Randstad – Contract Assignment Newell Brands Boca Raton, Florida Home Appliances - Regulatory Compliance Engineer 11/2017 to present
• Responsible of providing standard compliance analysis and interpretation during product development for products under the scope UL982, IEC 60335-1 and IEC 60335-2-14
• Ensure products meet EMC IEC/EN 55013 Emissions and IEC/EN 55024 Immunity standards analysis resolve non-compliances.
• Review test reports from internal and external laboratories, work with Asian suppliers
• Monitor regulatory and compliance changes affecting the business and communicate them clearly, effectively in a timely manner to the appropriate internal stakeholders.
• Train staff on Regulatory and Compliance topics when needed.
• Experienced in working with international regulatory and safety agencies such as CE, UL, ETL, TUV, NOM, INMETRO, FDA, EU agencies and EMC labs.
• Track projects, agency fees, monitor certifications to reduce certification costs
• Contribute to the product development design team on compliance before product submittal to agencies
• Initiate RFQ process and produce all relevant information to obtain accurate quotes and test programs
• Produce draft reports with detailed descriptive construction of products for safety agency, oversee audits
• Resolve all questions regarding construction of products related to compliance Artech Information Systems – Contract Assignment Honeywell Analytics Lincolnshire, Illinois Gas, Flame, Combustibles Detection Systems - Safety Specialist 09/2016 to 04/2017
• Provide execution of activities for product and Compliance process within a wide range of regulatory objectives for fixed toxic and flammable gas detection systems including accessory product including controlling worldwide product safety approvals, under IEC/UL 601010-1 Measurement, Control and Laboratory Use Equipment
• Maintenance of all product certification files in the processing of design changes and Regulatory review and approval of current production, production deviations and Engineering Changes Provide complete detailed compliance reports to the regulatory agencies. Canon Inc. USA Melville, New York
Latin American Regulations Compliance 08/2015 to 02/2016
• Responsible for reviewing and maintaining compliance documents for products sold in Latin America
• Monitor and analyze regulatory requirements (including amendments of existing laws and regulations, as well as proposals of new laws and regulations), provide findings to the groups and divisions Support the administration of product safety, wireless and EMC compliance programs including review, verification of certification, declarations, product registration, maintenance and record keeping; Provide information and reply to inquiries and requests related to product safety; Enter and process BU's request for product safety item set up within internal system procedures Artech Information Systems - Contract assignment, GE Power Schenectady, New York Energy Storage Systems - Product Compliance Engineer 12/2014 to 08/2015
• Conduct equipment review according to applicable Electrical building codes and standards, including battery racks, BMS, Battery Interface Cabinet and enclosures not limited to; NFPA 70, NFPA 70 E, IEC 62477-1, Seismic OSHPD, UL 508, UL 1973, UL 1642 and EMC CISPR 11
• Review all safety procedures required within electrical installations from markings, work space clearance, work safety distances, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and others.
• Conduct Code Compliance research to specific project location and make recommendations
• Produce Project Management tracking record and update according to specific compliance tasks of project benchmarks during design, testing and production JOSE GEAN RESUME PAGE 2
Makerbot Industries Brooklyn, New York
3D Printing Consumer - Regulatory Compliance Engineer 06/2013 to 09/2014
• Responsible for identifying compliance requirements of all products of the ecosystem for 3D Printers
• Devised Air Quality testing standard for 3D Printers, RoHS compliance plan, China RoHS, and CPSIA testing file for print toys to ASTM 963-11, EN71 and Chemical Migration of Substances in plastics
• Managed Wireless compliance projects, ensured products met the FCC Wireless requirements for Intentional Radiators, 47 CFR Part 15 and R&TTE CE Directive.
• Maintained a thorough knowledge of the applicable standards of products and materials
• Evaluate standard requirements applicable to 3D Printers according to UL/IEC 60950-1
• Recommended and reviewed appropriate components according to IEC CB Scheme requirements
• Manage quotes for safety and EMC from organizations such as UL, TUV, Intertek, Bureau Veritas, etc.
• Prepared test data sheets and draft reports according to testing at manufacturer’s premises contract
• Set up the compliance testing laboratory with all test equipment required for 3D Printers
• Maintained all compliance records such as reports, certs and declarations of conformity
• Oversaw compliance budgets for Safety, EMC and International projects, negotiated quotes
• Established all production compliance testing for the factory GEIST Lincoln, Nebraska
Power Distribution for the Data Center Industry - Conformance Engineer 07/2011 to 06/2013
• Analyzed and reviewed construction of single and three phase Power Distribution Units for certification, of multiple configurations. Build and test samples of new PDU products according to IEC/UL 60950-1, create IEC CB style report for submittal to Underwriters Laboratories according to UL’s DAP program. Maintained lab records according to ISO 17025
• Conducted testing using instruments such as Digital Multimeters instruments, Power Generator, Resistive Loads, Power Source, Hipot, Ground Bond, Mechanical Probes, etc.
• Gathered approvals and technical information of components to include on draft reports for certification
• Maintained and submitted revisions of certified product according to new construction
• Provide quotes to Sales Dept. on new and revised products
• Conduct international compliance of wireless and non-wireless of
• Oversee testing and mitigation during EMC tests according EN 55022/CISPR22, EN 55024 and FCC SGS US Testing Fairfield, New Jersey
Test and Certification - Project Engineer 03/2009 to 05/2010
• Responsible for construction review, testing and issuing reports of products submitted for certification
• Trained to conduct field inspections as per NFPA 79-07, NFPA 70 E, UL 508,
• Tested products or partial assemblies according to manufacturer’s SOPs
• Constructed automated electromechanical and pneumatic test fixtures
• Contributed to accreditation process for ISO 17025, NRTL US OSHA, CBTL for IEC, and Canada
• Issued quotes of projects based on review according to standard, testing and internal costs EDUCATION
Illinois Technical College Chicago, Illinois
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electromechanical Engineering Technology PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• European EMC Directives, University of Wisconsin. European Machinery, Underwriters Laboratories
• Foreign Language – Spanish: written and spoken / Portuguese: conversational level