Thiago Brodbeck Herrlein
Porto Alegre – Brazil +1-438-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thiago-herrlein/ Nationality: Brazilian Summary
Trilingual (Portuguese (Native), French (Advanced) and English (Upper Intermediate) professional holding a BSc in Mathematics, MBA in Business Management and overall 17 years of experience in financial analysis, bank transactions, people management and customer relationships. Currently working as Banking Branch Manager with comprehensive experience in managing branch operations, product sales, and customer and corporate service. Education
• ● Honours Bachelor Degree in Mathematics Instituto Porto Alegre, Brazil
• ● MBA in Business management FGV, Brazil Further Education
• ● Master of Science - MS UQÀM, Canada 2019 - Further Education & Certificates
• ● The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (24h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Advanced Management Skills (24h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Leadership (40h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Feedback Techniques Course (8h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Design Thinking Course (24h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Leading Meetings (16h) Internal Course - CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Prevention of Money Laundering (30h) Internal Course - C AIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Customer Service Excellence Course (40h) Internal Course - C AIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL
• ● Advanced French Language Course (800h) Alliance Française, Brazil
• ● French Language Course École France Langue (80h), Nice - France
• ● CPA-20 Certification Ambima, Brazil
• ● French Language Course (60h) École Québec Monde, Canada
• ● Upper Intermediate English Course (400h) Cultura Inglesa, Brazil
Professional Experience CAIXA ECONÔMICA FEDERAL June 2004
Bank Branch Manager January 2017 - Present
• ● Same duties as below applied for all branch managers and employees
• ● Achievements: Agency achieved a high performance status in all four quarterly closing periods in 2017, reaching the 14th position within a mix of 4,400 top performing branches in Brazil.
• ● Agency profitability improved by 27% compared to the previous year and 14% compared to all other banks in Brazil.
Bank Manager March 2009 - January 2017
• ● Managed a team of 14 staff within the branch. Dealt with over 20,000 customers from operative representatives to company CEO/VIP Managers.
• ● Acted as an integral part of the relationship management team with the overall goal of growing the business, delivering best in class customer service, while maintaining operational excellence and credit quality of the portfolio.
• ● Worked on strict targets and SLA; opening bank account, loans, investments, house, car & life insurance
and house mortgages.
• ● Managed, coached and motivated a team of bank tellers and a relationship manager assistant on fulfilling client needs, credit, relationship servicing and day to day administration regarding branch and customers.
• ● Acted as quality champion by ensuring guidelines and policies were consistently executed across the board.
• ● Complied with regulatory, compliance and internal standards, minimised operational and credit risk from error or omissions.
• ● Acted as "Process Improvement Champion" to identify streamlining opportunities and implement improvement initiatives.
• ● Led all branch business and activities, including the loan and balance sheet and sales performance.
• ● Managed and mitigated risk exposure for the branch.
• ● Maintained strong relationships with diverse internal partners including financial services advisors, private bankers and service representatives.
• ● Managed sales with individual and small business customers.
• ● Coached others in consultative sales processes and other branch activities.
• ● Empowered the branch team, ensuring each employee reached their sales targets.
• ● Achievements: 2009 - "Viamão Branch" reached the 9th place for best performance in the country (115% growth in profitability compared to 2008 and 23% compared to all Bank Branches in Brazil).
• ● 2010 - Reached the 7th place for best performance in the country.
(40% growth in profitability compared with 2009 and compared to an average of 21% compared to all Bank Branches in Brazil).
• ● 2011 - Focused on large VIP clients (applications from R$1 million), growing 11% customer base within this niche market.
• ● 2013 - "Shopping Iguatemi Branch" reached the 1st place of 4400 branches in Brazil for BTC sales.
• ● 2015 - "Volta do Guerino Branch" reached the 1st place in the Superintendency.
• ● 2016 -"São João Branch" reached 1st place in Brazil .
Customer Relationship Management Assistant January 2007 - March 2009
• ● Provided superior customer service exceeding expectations. Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and all transactions compliance.
• ● Contributed to developing and implementing agreed actions under customer strategies.
• ● Identified target and realized new opportunities through provision of new products and services.
• ● Undertook call and care visits under the structuring/ agreeing plan with Relationship Manager where appropriate.
• ● Actively sought referrals from existing customers or other Business Units within Caixa Econômica Federal Network. Initiated contracts with new customers and agreed products marketed with Relationship Manager.
• ● Assisted Relationship Manager to develop and convert new customer prospects.
• ● Risk management; Assisted the Relationship Manager as appropriate with respect to credit risk assessment.
• ● Conducted proper KYC ("know your customer") analysis and fulfilled the compliance requirements on KYC, and other regulated sales activities such as insurance and investment.
• ● Assisted Relationship Manager to provide credit analysis, credit proposals, reviewed existing facilities granted, and monitored customers’ risk profile
• ● Administrated and reported customer activities, ensuring customer records and transactions were recorded/processed on the system in a timely and accurate manner.
• ● Assisted Relationship Manager in preparing all transaction documentation and reporting.
• ● Achievements: 2007- Managed a credit portfolio which reached the fourth place in volume in the country,
totalling over 5,000 portfolios.
• ● 2008 - Managed a loan portfolio which reached 16th place in volume of sales in the country.
Bank Teller June 2004 - January 2007
• ● Provided account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashed cheque; issued savings withdrawals; recorded night and mail deposits; sold cashier's cheques, traveler's cheques, and series e bonds; answered questions in person or on the telephone; referred to other bank services.
• ● Cross-sold bank products by answering inquiries; informed customers of new services and product promotions; ascertained customers' needs; directed customers to a branch representative.
• ● Completed special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks; opened and closed christmas and vacation clubs; exchanged foreign currencies; provided special statements, copies, and referrals; completed safe-deposit box procedures.
• ● Reconciled cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciled loan coupons and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintained supply of cash and currency.
• ● Complied with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions; maintained customer traffic surveys; audited other bank tellers' currency; assisted in certification of proof.
• ● Maintained customer confidence and protected bank operations by keeping information confidential.
• ● Achievements: Best sales representative for insurance products in 2005 and 2006
High School Mathematics Teacher Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil March 2003 – May 2004
• ● Taught the course of mathematics to secondary pupils, following the course of study adopted by the Brazilian Board of Education.
• ● Utilized an adopted course of study, instructional program guidelines, and other materials in planning and developing lesson plans and teaching outlines.
Corporate Financial Analyst Banco BMG, Brazil March 2001 - February 2003
• ● Performed financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
• ● Analysed financial data and created financial models for decision support.
• ● Reported on financial performance and prepared for regular leadership reviews.
• ● Analysed past results, performed variance analysis, identified trends, and offered recommendations for
• ● Worked closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
• ● Evaluated financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• ● Guided the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
• ● Provided analysis of trends and forecasts and recommended actions for optimization.
• ● Recommended actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studied
proposed changes in methods and materials.
• ● Identified and drove process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools,
and Excel dashboards.
• ● Performed market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
• ● Achievements: Acquired a proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• ● Increased productivity by developing automated reporting/ forecasting tools.
• ● Languages Skills: Portuguese: Native English: Upper Intermediate French: Advanced
• ● Computer Skills: Familiarity with CRM systems and practices, MIcrosoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), Access, Internet, Notes.
• ● Soft Skills: Customer focused and adaptable regarding different personality types; ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively; strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
References Upon Request