Felipe Zea Gómez
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ~ Tel.: 781-***-**** 1
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Production and operations management professional with 20 years of experience in developing and implementing end-to-end industrial processes in order to deliver complex products on-time and on-budget.
• High-level problem solving skills in mechanical and electrical matters, as well as expertise in plastics manufacturing and printing on non-absorbent surfaces.
• Resourceful and reliable project manager with extraordinary abilities in multi-tasking and creative problem-solving.
• Proven capacity for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Production Supervisor, Consolidated Container Company, Marlborough, MA, USA, July 2016-May 2018
Lead, train and supervise production team in production, machine maintenance, warehousing, and quality control for blow molding plant producing 75,000 bottles per day. Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Manage internal and external audit requirements. Input production, work orders, and purchasing information into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (JDEdwards). Research Affiliate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA, July 2016 – June 2017
Work with a MIT faculty member and graduate student to assemble, test and optimize a fiber spinning apparatus with the objective of developing advance functional fibers. PEXCO Ltda., http://www.pexco.com.co/, Bogotá, Colombia
• Owner, July 2016 – present
• Owner and General Manager, June 2003 – June 2016
• Production Manager, 2001- 2003
Business Operations. Manage day-to-day operations of plastics manufacturing company, including customer relations, sales, sub-contractors, production, and product-line innovations
(~200 tons/year). Supervise, and provide on-the-job training for 12 full-time employees in production management, production and safety processes, and machine maintenance, and ensure compliance with health and safety requirements. Lead negotiations with customers and vendors.
Manufacturing/Production Management. Direct all technical aspects of production process: work with clients to determine viability of projects; develop and control production timelines and budgets; determine technical parameters for sheet extrusion, printing and die-cutting; and provide permanent problem-solving support for mechanical, electrical and production issues. Project management from inception to end- product: graphic design, sheet extrusion, thermoforming, sealing, die-cutting and embossing, offset printing, screen printing, blade- cutting, and assembly.
Innovation. Provide vision and direction for company growth and continuous quality improvement:
Felipe Zea Gómez
356 Walnut Street, Wellesley, MA 02481
E-mail: email@example.com ~ Tel.: 781-***-**** 2
• Efficiency improved through automation of manufacturing processes
• Product offer expanded through expansion of in-house processes and know-how (e.g., printing)
• Quality improved through technical innovations (e.g., improved flexibility of the material) Founding Partner and Advisor, AutoKeeper, Bogotá, Colombia, 2006-2008 Developed and built, from the ground-up, an investment project providing innovative car maintenance services not previously available in the country (virgin market). In first two years, over 900 clients received individualized services at their place of employment including oil changes and car washes. Obtained and maintained a range of clients across the public and private sector. Plasticos Extruidos de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia
• Production Manager for Extrusion and Thermoforming, 2000 – 2001
• Production Manager for Thermoforming, 1998 – 2000
• Apprenticeship, 1995- 1996
Major areas of work:
• Supervised production and engaged in problem-solving for extruded and injection molded products and plastic molds for thermoforming and thermoformed products.
• Led inventory management: prime material; packing; and client delivery.
• End-to-end responsibility for injection molding processes: AutoCAD design; mold creation; injection molding.
• Developed and implemented plans for machine maintenance.
• Worked with clients to develop products and produce quotes for work orders.
• Supervised 20 production plant employees in manufacturing processes, ensuring quality and safety measures were met, as well as production timelines. Founding Partner and Designer, Architectura, Bogotá, Colombia, 1996-1999 Developed and built a niche business based on passing hand-drawn architectural designs into AutoCAD. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Course in Plastics Technologies, School of Engineers, Bogotá, 2007 Course in Welding, WestArco, 1998
Course in AutoCAD, 1995
High School Diploma, 1995
INTEREST & SKILLS Computers: AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Internet, Excel. Languages: Spanish (native) and English (fluent). Professional Membership: Bogotá Chamber of Commerce. Interests: Extreme sports.