Monah Abou Chakra
Nationality : Lebanese
Current location: Dubai, UAE
Specialized in architecture with +15 years of experience in design management, construction and project management during which involved in various engineering fields such as architecture, structure, civil, electromechanical, interior design, fit out and landscaping.
Well rounded construction experience as consultant, contractor, project management, client side, developer and properties.
Problem solving, strong technical and organization skills.
Familiar in local and international building codes and standards.
Experience in construction, building development, project control, consultant coordination, buildings and high-rise towers, starting from project initiation, concept design up till handing over and closing out stage.
Sound experience in tender documents, (FIDIC) contracts, claims, variations, specification, BOQ, procurement, finishes and material.
Track record in handling residential, commercial complex, offices, shopping mall, hotel, education, hospitality, hospital, villas, mixed-use, traditional and contemporary building projects.
Reputable background in coordination, planning, managing schedules, deliverables and submittals.
Knowledge in value engineering, cost management, budget and feasibility study.
Experience managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships within integrated teams.
Master in Architecture (M.Arch.)
Lebanese University, Lebanon (1996)
Graduation project: Archeological Museum of Beirut Professional Status
Professional Architect, Order of Engineers and Architects, Lebanon. No. # 20269 Professional Architect, Society of Engineers, Dubai, UAE. No. # 14358 Member of League of Architects- Lebanon
Certified Architect – from Dubai Municipality, UAE Training Courses
LEED AP, BD+C course, Dubai, UAE
BIM – Engineering solutions, Dubai, UAE
LEED GA course, Dubai, UAE
PMP, Project Management Professional, Dubai-UAE
Delay Analysis Technique - Extension of Time Claims: Construction Engineering Technologies, Dubai-UAE Quantity Surveying, Estimation and Tendering, Dubai- UAE DOKA formwork and shuttering system, Dubai- UAE
Primavera Project Planner, Lebanon
Leading Associate Membership in Chartered Institute of Arbitrators- (CIArb), entry Course, Lebanon EIA- Environmental Impact Assessment, Lebanon
Engineering Contracts, Claims and Arbitration, Lebanon Construction and building code and Concrete Repair, Lebanon Key qualifications:
Experience: Design Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Value Engineering, Design and built, Renovation, supervision, Architectural concept design, Authority building permit procedures, Building codes, FIDIC Contracts, Claims, Notifications, Specification, BOQ, Tenders, Shop drawings and Detailing, Material, finishes, submittals, Coordination, Documentation and Correspondence, Document control, Interior and fit out, Landscaping, Planning, Urban planning, Electromechanical, Civil, Structure, shoring and piling Projects: Residential, Commercial, Offices, Villas, High rise towers, Education, Shopping Mall, Hotel, Healthcare, Landscaping, Real Estate, properties development, Mixed-use and Municipality regulations. Professional Experience
Al-Ghurair Properties, Dubai, UAE
Senior Design Manager Architect,2014 to Present
• Leading the design management & engineering related to project development from projects initiation up to handing over stage.
• Manage design during pre-contract and post-contract execution phases.
• Assure design coordination between consultant’s design and all specialists and reflected in drawings, specifications and bill of quantities.
• Determine plots allowable density, gross floor area, buildup area and achieve the maximum efficiency.
• Participate in the design brief, unit mix, flat sizes of the developed projects.
• Recommend and select finishing materials and construction systems.
• Check and review concept design, schematic, detail and tender drawings and issue comments/approvals to the lead consultants.
• Review bills of quantities, specification closely with the procurement department and consultants design.
• Conduct site inspections, arrange reports and check compliance to company guide lines.
• Inspecting construction sites while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans, specification and highest quality standard, and cost within the development time frame.
• Manage and follow the consultant’s design program, authority approvals and check design compliance to building codes.
• Ensure effective communication between the lead consultant and projects development team.
• Familiar with municipality building code, land use and authority regulations.
• Advise development and commercial team regarding the best design trends, models and practices.
• Contribute to cost planning, feasibility studies and projects budget.
• Initiate the quality inspection procedures related to architectural, structural, finishing and materials.
• Report to Vice President /Head of projects and Development. Projects to credit:
Development of Sixty Two (62) Nos. residential, commercial and hospitality mixed use projects:
Residential buildings (33) Nos.
Mix use buildings (23) Nos.
Commercial Villas. (74) Nos.
Shopping center (1) no.
Four star hotel & serviced apartment (250-400 Keys).
High rise buildings (11) nos. (G+10 up to 32 floors). Projects details;
8000 Nos. Residential flats.
1M sq.ft. Commercial retail area.
150, 000 sq.ft. Office spaces
14M sq.ft. Built up area.
4 Billion AED estimated construction cost.
• Approve design stages and tender documents for (52) projects within the planned duration and quality.
• Achieve municipality and authority approvals for (52) projects within the planned time frame.
• Maximize projects efficiency, BUA, GFA & NAL.
• Maximize number of residential flats, parking spaces and commercial areas.
• Reduce risk of variations to the minimum.
• Reduce the construction cost to below the estimated budget.
• Replacement of costly construction systems by economical systems.
• Minimize the shoring and excavation works of the projects. Commodore Contracting Co., Dubai, UAE
Technical Manager, 2010 to 2014
• Leading, managing and handling all main contractors’ design, engineering, coordination and technical issues related to the architecture, structure, electromechanical, and interior design, fit out works.
• Identify, arrange, develop and monitor all the project material packages and technologies to be incorporated in the permanent site works activities as specified in contract documents.
• Supervise documentation, correspondences and information distribution process.
• Direct, develop, review, and supervise shop drawings production, detailing, submittals approval process and monitor logs.
• Assist and support construction team with all engineering, technical matters and site management.
• Advises on contractual matters, raise notifications of claims and arrange variation as per contracts/subcontracts clauses.
• Run the drawing review list and changes log for cost evaluation and submit variations.
• Liaise, interface and coordinate with client, consultant, specialists, operators, subcontractors, interior designers,
• Facility management and other stakeholders.
• Supervise and control project process in terms of cost, time and quality.
• Coordinate between project teams and serve as the bridge between engineering, procurement and management.
• Monitoring, follow up and coordination with subcontractors and suppliers
• Attend workshops, coordination& progress meetings
• Prepare and submit as -built drawings, operation and maintenance manual.
• In charge of engineering team (Architects, Structural Engineers, MEP, ID and Tenant coordinators,
• Document controller and draftsmen’s)
• Monitor quality, execution and construction progress as per approved projects guidelines.
• Report to the Project Director and Project Manager Projects to credit:
1- Fujairah Commercial Complex and Hotel (116M$) Fujairah, UAE
- Shopping Mall, Cinemas, Entertainment and Parking (4floors) (125,000m2)
- Millennium Four star hotel (250 Keys, 22 floors) (25,000m2) For H.E. Sheikh Mohammad Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, 2- NAIA Breeze-Two Luxury Furnished Hotel apartment buildings (23M$), Dubai, UAE
(320 Keys, 21 storey’s) for Damac Star Properties
Albinaa Project Management, Dubai, UAE
Senior Managing Architect, 2005 – 2010
• Handling design development and participating in project management from client side for several commercial, residential, office and high rise building projects starting from initiation up to project closing stage.
• Managing architectural design stage life-cycle from design concept to development, planning, tendering, execution, monitoring and controlling up to project handing over.
• Check and review the selected building materials and finishes of the projects during all project stages.
• Participate in tender analysis, evaluation, awarding and appointing of consultants, contractors.
• Drive the design deliverables to ensure the projects are within the planned design, budget and quality plan.
• Responsible for design review, value engineering, concept enhancing, reflecting owner’s views.
• Evaluate the proposed built up area against allowed area as per building zoning codes.
• Direct quantity surveyors team to carry out the tender documents, conditions of contract, specifications, bill of quantity, bidding process, tender analysis and reviewing interim payments.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to Contract documents, (FIDIC), specifications, international standards, building code, permit procedures.
• Conduct and participate in project weekly meetings with clients, developers, consultants, contractors to follow up the project design, and construction progress and quality.
• Oversee the procurement process with the commercial department.
• Provide technical expertise in project management, structural, architectural, engineering and lift studies
• Report performance to client on all construction activities, progress and compliance with planned design, time, cost and quality.
• Maintain proper records, documentations and insure flow of information to all stakeholders and successful handing over within the agreed time frame, budget & deadlines. Projects to credit:
• Residential, Commercial & Office, 3B+G+97& 87flr.,Lam Tara twin towers, Dubai- ($540M)
• Office & Commercial,4B+G+33flr.,Persian Tower bldg., Dubai-($35M)
• Residential, Commercial, 4B+G+24 flr.,Rose Tower bldg., Dubai-($27M)
• Residential, Commercial, 2B+G+18flr. Al Waleed bldg., Dubai-($19M)
• Residential, Commercial, 2B+G+12flr. Khoory bldg., Dubai-($1.5M)
• Hotel Mankhool, 2B+G+8 flrs, Dubai.
• Office & Commercial, 2B+G+4flrs.Um Hurair bldg., Dubai.
• Residential, Commercial Complex, G+16flrs, Shahr -E- Aftab ($50M) Architecture Consultancy Office, Lebanon
Projects Manager and Owner, 1998 – 2005
•Successfully established and managed consultancy firm that offers design and built projects service to clients, in an integrated approach towards the increasing demand for exceptional architecture, housing, commercial, educational and traditional buildings.
•Firm that provides architectural design, engineering, development, supervision and renovation to private houses, businesses in conjunction with owner’s needs and organizational goals such as private villas, residential, commercial, educational, medical and traditional buildings, etc..
• Prepare architectural concept design & monitor project schedules/plans, assign requisite resources, supported team members to complete projects within defined time/cost constraints & solve issues impacting project performance& timetable.
• Lead, arrange and review project figures, tender documents, specifications and related execution drawings. Handle building permit procedures to client’s satisfaction as per building codes and regulations.
• Assist existing clients efficiently to expand service offering, and secured profitable long term client engagements. Projects to Credit:
• Design and supervision of several private residential buildings & villas.
• Renovation of several traditional & historical houses.
• Design and supervision of Kassamany public assembly hall and parking.
• Extension and renovation of Bkln healthcare center.
• Design of private cemeteries.
• Municipality consultant for building elevations, public works & town planning
• Design of Bkln Technical Agricultural Institute,
• Obtain authority approvals for SNC College and Poultry farm.
• Design and obtain authority approvals for poultry farm. N.G Architecture & Urban planner consultant, Lebanon Resident Engineer, 1996 -1999
• Supervise the extension, renovation, landscaping and execution activities.
• Monitor, supervise, and control construction works to meet best project practices, objectives, resource management, Allocation and adherence to project scope, time, cost and quality constraints including Contractor and sub- contractors.
• Conduct regular site inspections and meetings for tracking and controlling project schedule to accomplish project completion within allocated time/budgets and report to the projects manager. Projects to Credit:
• Prestigious Historical Palace, Private Residential buildings and 10nos. Residential complex buildings Technical Skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, 4Projects. Language Skills: Fluent in Arabic and English