Deborah Charlene Nelson
**** *. ******* ****, ***********, IN 47408
*** *. *** **** ***** David, AZ 85630
812-***-**** / email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
I have over fifteen years of supervisory skills including, office/clerical, employee relations, staff training, and resolve issues in a timely manner. I perform with little supervision and take the initiative to learn new skills.
June 30, 2014 to March 2019
Indiana University, RPS Housing Assignments Office Services Assignments
• Lobby Receptionist answer and transfer phone calls.
• Maintain bed configuration requests in the Nelson/ HMS system
• Maintain Equipment request check out for RPS Equipment (Lap top, conference phone, projectors, projector screens, easels.)
2001-2014 Indiana University, RPS Custodial Supervisor Collins & Wright Quad, Night Operations.
• Responsible for supervising up to twenty-five full time and hourly custodial employees to ensure work is completed on time and accurately and environment is safe and clean for the students.
• Conduct training for new employees and ensure existing employees receive periodic ongoing training.
• Responsible for handling employee issues and resolving disputes.
• Perform various clerical tasks such as maintaining files and records. Responsible for ordering supplies using KFS, Submit work orders to center desk and Maintenance department.
• Maintaining, processing, and approving employees hours worked in the Time System.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to prepare letters, Excel to prepare reports, and Outlook to send emails and manage calendar and meetings.
• Record man hours used for special project setup and removal and organize overtime sign-up sheets.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize duties and maintain proper communication with upper management and colleagues.
• Periodically attend leadership training classes to maintain awareness of policies, laws, and regulations.
1999-2001 Indiana University, RPS E.O. Group Leader Wright Quad
1997-1999 Indiana University, Night Operations Crew Leader Various Locations
• Plan daily routines for employees and conducted routine inspection of areas to ensure cleanliness. Make sure emergency and biohazard cleanup was completed correctly and timely.
• Fill in for absent employees and areas that need coverage and control problem areas.
• Conducted training for staff and new employees, record and file documents to track training.
• Completed bookkeeping, timekeeping, clerical, and purchasing tasks using Microsoft Work, Excel, and Outlook and university purchasing and timekeeping systems.
Education and Training
• Indiana University IT Workshops for Microsoft word, Excel, Email, calendar.
Supervisor’s Seminar, Indiana University: Certificate November 2003
• Legal Compliance Series Training, Indiana University: Certificate July 2003
Equal Employment Opportunity Workshop / Office of Affirmation Action
• Laura Galloway, Associate Director /June 2000
Diversity Workshop Office of Affirmative Action / Office of Multicultural Affairs
• Mark Bryson Diversity Educator / March 2000
• Environmental Operations Training / CPR Training Restroom Cleaning Workshop
• Trash Removal Workshop/ Steve Hancock 1997
• Knowledge of operating machines, burnishing machines, Hi- speeds, Side to Side scrubbers, wet and dry vacuums, wax floors.
Health and Safety Orientation/ John Bruce / Ergonomics/ John Bruce January 2000 / Ashton, Aley
Burton Electrical Training, Wyoming, Michigan: Certificate August 1996
Bloomington High School South, Bloomington, Indiana: High School Diploma, 1988
Jeff Russell friend 7 yrs. 317-***-****
Becky Thacker manager 4 yrs. 812-***-****
Dee Meadows friend 10 yrs. 812-***-****
Jocelyn Maul supervisor current- 812-***-****
Verify IU employment 812-***-****