M.S. ME. Manuel F. Diaz
**** ****** ** ** *****, San Ysidro, CA, 92173
Professional Summary: Experienced Master Mechanical Engineer, Leader and Project Manager as well as team player. Entrepreneurial Approach, Negotiator, Drive for Results, Natural Analytical Problem Solver, Excellent Multitasking and Time Management, Organizational Agility, Strong Data Interpretation and Statistic Analysis, Extensive experience on product development, R&D, Automation and motion control, Pharmaceutics, food processing. Worldwide Engineering Expertise and leadership. Machinery design and Manufacturing. Automation and motion Control. Computer Science Resources: Solid Edge, PLM, SolidWorks 2018, EPDM, Inventor, CATIA, ANSI Y14.5 standards, AWS standards, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, Citrix, Syteline, Excel, Word, Access, AutoCAD 2014, & 04 05, Auto lisp, Visual Basic, Windows 7,MS Project, Office 2010, PLC Programming basics AB IEC-1131, Siemen, FEA, FEMAP. Languages: English, Spanish and Technical German, Italian, Portuguese . US Citizen
Mizkan Americas, Mount Prospect, IL, (Full Time) Dec16-Present Corporate Project Engineer, Manager PM
Design, construction and implementation of filling equipment, retrofitting and upgrades bag filling equipment (Flexifill), high speed filler: Drums, bottles, case packers and erectors, palletizers, box assembly equipment, wrappers, labelers, cappers, vision systems for food processing.
Manage, Execute and Implement Successfully Multimillion Dollar Projects at multiple locations.
Evaluate, engineer, plan, design and development technology and equipment to increase production, while increasing efficiency, quality and incorporating market latest demands on the food and seasoning industry. Evaluate new technologies for QC vision systems and automation.
Set plant priorities, develop long and short term plans, on technology, facilities, automation, operations, maintenance, logistics, finances and warehousing.
Manage capital expenditures, provide guidance on project planning and executions on multiple facilities. Bring up to speed several locations up to code on electrical circuits and installations.
Elaborate full SLD for each assigned facility and plan for latest code revision application for all circuits.
VWR, Solon, OH (Full Time-Temp) April 15 – Sep 16
Corporate Global Packaging Engineer, Project Manager
Responsible for the development and management of packaging and process program that meets with customer, compliance, regulatory and corporate requirements, initiatives and goals.
Provide Technical support to departments and functions for packaging related matters.
Lead process from engineering and packaging functions related to new product launch, process improvement, equipment integration, automation, scale up, validations and packaging inspection.
Guidance for global process and equipment requirement definition, design, automation, evaluation and validation of Packaging equipment for the pharmaceutical industry: High speed bag fillers, vial fillers, bottle fillers, case packers and erectors, cappers, labelers, vision systems, material handling, Hands on troubleshooting, equipment selection and design for diverse plants.
Development of packaging database and packaging selection program globally.
Qualification and validation for integrity, leak, shipping, product integrity and labeling.
Develop, implement and maintain acquisition process equipment, installation, process development, upgrade and maintenance.
Veyance Technologies (Continental), Fairlawn, OH (Contract) September 2014 – April 2015 Corporate Engineering Project Manager.
Interfacing with Vendors and customers: Manage multiple projects for various custom products for multiple customers.
Develop new concepts and design for products and process improvements with design global teams.
Develop, validate and negotiate new vendors for a wide variety of products and consumables.
Molds and Bladders design and customization for customers. Lincoln Electric Company, Euclid, OH (Contract) October 2013 - April 2014 Automation Division
Corporate Project Manager.
Lead efforts to complete on time, on budget and meeting the highest standard of quality of robotics and automation project for customer from a wide variety of Industries and fields i.e. Caterpillar, John Deere
Manage project from cradle to grave, full life cycle.
Design customized solutions for tooling and special component for customers. Graftech International LTD., Parma, OH (Full Time) June 2011 - September 2013 Corporate Principal Engineer, Project Manager and CAD Global Manager.
Lead teams of scientist and young engineers in the concept, design and development of innovative process equipment requiring a high level of creativity and approach.
● Demonstrated and recognized exceptional skills in applying designs to both existing and new plants. Full Scope of new equipment design, components, PLC’s HMI, actuators and many others
● Managed and oversee projects throughout life cycle ranging from $1 MM to $12 MM from concept to production of capital equipment, facilities and new additions, process improvements, HS&EP,
● Keep a close contact with R&D staff to gain necessary awareness of current process, safety, and environmental needs and activities of the lines of business.
● Contributed and added knowledge in synthetic graphite manufacturing equipment and as such, kept management informed of such trends.
● Well recognized worldwide by management and peers as the resource for synthetic graphite manufacturing equipment, project management and new technology.
● Successfully transition from AutoCAD 2D to Solid Works worldwide along with EPDM for document management throughout the world.
The Robbins Company. Kent, WA April 2009 - June 2011
Corporate Design Engineer/Project Manager
While Creating good customer relations and negotiations:
● DFM components parts systems and auxiliary components, sealing system for high pressure underground excavation underground water geologies. Sizing and selection of high pressure valves for injection system. Electrical and Hydraulics circuits as well as Mechanical Structures and components.
● Provide guideline and orientation to the engineering department for the appropriate design, size and selection of Earth pressure balance tunneling boring machinery, structural analysis 3D solid modeling. Develop and Manage an Engineering department in China.
● Provide guidelines to Sales department (Assisting in selling and negotiation), orientation and direction to field service, Project management, marketing, preparing proposal for earth pressure balance tunnel boring equipment.
● Provide logistics and operational assistance to customer for the appropriate use of tunneling equipment as well as surface logistics and equipment, RMP.
● Stay updated on the latest technology and state of the art of EPB and tunneling equipment as well as latest practices and tunneling techniques.
● Dictate Conferences for international tunnel associations and industry related congress. Danaher Motion, Radford VA January 2006 - January 2009 International Corporate Sales/Applications Engineer
● Develop new and complex design for custom motion control applications for capital equipment on different industries, 3D Solid modeling, system integrity and structural analysis.
● Selection, sizing and troubleshooting of sealing systems below, motors, servo, stepper and custom motors, linear motors technology, actuators, drives, brakes, clutches, linear bearings and guides, shafting and many other components for a wide variety of applications for different industries, tuning and set up of components, equipment for new and retrofitting applications.
● Training customers and distributors on Stepper and servo motors and drives, sizing selection assistance, Green Belt Completed.
● Closed 2 recurring business for more than $1.5MM/year. AMI Equipment, Duluth, GA February 2005 - December 2005 A ZIP-PAK Division
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract)
● Performing design, modification, up-grade, retrofitting and new design from scratch for food grade 3A, FDA, Diary, machinery, equipment and components, all designs made in 3-D and 2-D, Mechanical Desktop, create BOM.
● Develop web-chart as customer requirement for packaging solution and ZIP-PAK application as well as new package solutions.
● Performing detail design and FEA on components and projects for standard and customized applications of equipment, machinery, single applications and accessories.
● Design and selection of components for machinery and equipment such as food grade sealing system metal, plastic-metal bearing, mount, plate, spacer, adjustment in high and low tolerance and, finishing and coatings, structural frames, shaft, covers, sheet metal bins, weldments, springs, etc.
Crystal Spring - A DS Water Company July 2004 - February 2005 Ft. Lauderdale Plant
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Contract)
● Performing with hands on PM, CM, Predictive maintenance for food grade industry and procedures, redesign, repairing and adapting new technologies to actual machinery and equipment.
● Troubleshooting and repairing as well as implementation of equipment as a conveyors (steel chain, plastic, roller conveyor, fillers, Loaders and Rack loaders, inkjet printers, elevators, hot melt glue systems (Nordson), labelers, cartons, palletizers and others, PLC installations programming and troubleshooting, distillers and boilers, Compressors dryers and separators, AC and DC Motors, speed and torque reducers, Pumps.
Bp Products of North America, The Woodlands, TX February 2003 - July 2004 General Manager
● Operation of several (Company own and Company operated) sites.
● General Management supervises daily basis operation and business performance. Herrenknecht AG, Tunnelvortriebstecknick July 2000 - January 2003 Allmannsweier Schlenweg 2 Germany
● Design, Manufacture, assembly, start-up, test, operation and repair of Large Tunneling Machinery.
● For Tunneling Machinery components: Development installation, modification and repair of: Seal systems for Head Shield Rear Shield and high pressure mortar injection. Hydraulic Circuits, Pneumatic Circuits, Material Handling, Thermal Applications, Electric & Electronic, PLCs, PCS, ELSs, Motor VFD’s.
● Developing the strategy of transportation moving, lifting, setting up and up-rooting of Tunneling Machinery.
● Training engineers and personnel for the operation, optimization and Maintenance of the Tunneling Machines.
Tunneling Machine Projects: Machine TBM S-165 in Madrid, Spain, $60 M. Machine TBM S-170
& S-171 Singapore, $95 M. Machine TBM S-169, and Switzerland $90 M. INMET. C.A. Industrial Packages, Madrid, Spain October 1998 to February 2000 Operations Engineer
● Assist the operations manager in production, QA certification process and general operations.
● Implementation of corrective, preventive productive and predictive advanced maintenance programs.
● Design and Construction of new Machinery for secondary and primary production process, adapt new Technologies and advanced Equipment to increase process productivity and reliability.
● Assist in plastic mold Design and Construction, development of new products, Assembly and Construction of major Capital Projects in Machinery for plastic extrusion and injection process.
● Direct supervisor of two production department with two superintendents and over thirty production employees
PEMACA Industries, C.A. Co-op May 1995 to December 1997 Maintenance Manager.
Ford Motor January 1995 to April 1995
Technical Internship in the Department of Engineering Services Quarry San Joaquin, C.A. January 1994 to January 1995 Mechanic
MS. Mechanical Engineer 1998
Polytechnic of Madrid, Spain.
University of Washington, PMP
Courses and Certifications
Systems Analysis and Programming Madrid 1992-1993, 1st Seminary of Competitiveness, Madrid. May, 1993, I Congress of Lubrication, Repsol Madrid. September, 1996, Fast Reading. October, 1996, Tribology and Lubrication. Madrid. September, 1997, QS-9002, Implantation and Certification, Fondonorma, March, 1999, Instrumentation and measurement, laboratories and Programming. Madrid, Spain July, 1999, Servo Valves Moog of Brazil. Brazil December, 1999.