Philadelphia, PA 19119
email@example.com - 267-***-****
Obtain a position as a Licensed Practical Nurse position where I can offer my clinical experience with an individual, group, family, and/or in a community setting where individuals experiencing difficult and/or transitional period in their lives maximize their potential. I offer my experience in direct clinical services, including but not limited to, diagnostic assessment, individual therapy, group therapy, collateral intervention, crisis intervention, promotion and utilization of research based curriculum, assists in academic, personal, and career growth, weekly reports relating to clients progress, and coordination of community referrals and resources. As an LPN, helping individuals explore, understand, and overcome personal, social, and/or behavioral problems as well as provide services in substance abuse. I offer my proficiency in insurance verification and pre-certification completion.
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
October 2016 to Present
Complete physical & mental health assessments.
Develops care plans for patients, helping them be as independent as possible
Administer and monitors treatment regimens
Administer prescribed medications, making constant adjustments commensurate with a patient's condition under the supervision of qualified medical staff
Observe and reports behavioral change
Maintain control of drugs and medications
Helped patients improve their coping abilities
Works with patients’ families to help improve the patient’s abilities & help them deal with family member’s illness
Record all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
Performed other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
Direct care provided by licensed practical nurses and nursing aides.
Float among various clinical services, where qualified and competent.
LPN Hemodialysis Nurse
DaVita Dialysis Philadelphia Pa., December 2016 to March 2017
Met the physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients through identification, planning, application, and evaluation of appropriate nursing care
Closely monitored patients' condition; recorded changes on status; executed immediate and appropriate action; and informed physician for further consultation.
Inspect and monitor vascular access.
Prepared and administer medications.
Collected specimens for lab requirements.
LPN (Methadone Dispensing Nurse)
Soar Corp Philadelphia Pa., November 2016 to February 2017
* Administration of controlled substances
*Evaluating patients for dosage adjustments
*Checking TB test
* Checking clients charts for compliance
* Urine drop collection
*Administering and checking Tb test
* Making chest x ray referrals
*Assisting Healthcare Practitioners with performing exams
*Administering controlled substances
Caring Senior Services - Jenkintown Pa - 02/26/2015 to Present
Giving medication as prescribed by a physician
Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and weight
Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas
Giving injections of medication
Taking medical histories
Entering information into computer systems
Ensuring patients and their families understand release instructions
Supervising CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistants)
Monitoring fluid and food intake and output
Assessing patients’ reactions to medications
Assessing patients' mental health
Providing emotional support
Assisting with daily needs such as bathing and dressing
Observation of patients' skin for potential bed sores
Keeping medical records current
Working with insurance companies
Writing prescriptions at a physician's request
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
January 1999 to September 2014
• Patient's insurance verification and pre-certification and referrals for admission
• Greet, triage and provide therapeutic support for patients
• Order lab work and x-rays
• Prioritize patient daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures
• Assist patients with A.M. care, obtain vital signs, prepare clients for procedures, obtain specimens
• Maintain and set up patient rooms
• Perform preventive maintenance on emergency equipment
• Assist with patient and family education
• Assist R.N. with sterile and non-sterile dressing changes, apply therapeutic restraints as needed
• Perform EKGs
• Trained in Phlebotomy
• Utilize computer programs to enter and retrieve patient data
• Answer multi-line phone, operate fax and copy machine
Mental Health Technician
Cherry Hill Kennedy Memorial Hospital
Cherry Hill, NJ
1995 to 1999
Cherry Hill NJ
Mental Health Technician
• Help admit and discharge patients, maintain close contact with them, and monitor vital signs
• Observe patient behaviors, record conditions and lead therapeutic and recreational groups and activities.
• Assist with daily living skills, eating, dressing and bathing.
Health Service Associate
State of New Jersey
New Lisbon, NJ
1990 to 1995
Help admit and discharge patients, maintain close contact with them, and monitor vital signs.
Observe patient behaviors, record their conditions and lead them in therapeutic and recreational activities
Mental Health Technician
The ARC of New Jersey
North Brunswick, NJ
1989 to 1990
• Help admit and discharge patients, maintain therapeutic contact, and monitor vital signs
• Observe patient behaviors, record conditions and lead consumers in therapeutic and recreational activities.
• Help with daily living skills, such as eating, dressing and bathing.
Licensed Practical Nursing Program
PITC Princeton Institute of Technology
2014 to Present
Community College Of Philadelphia
2003 to 2008
University of the West Indies
1987 to 1988
Graduated Class Valedictorian
Siparia Senior Comprehensive School
1985 to 1987
High School Diploma in Class
Fyzabad Anglican Secondary School
1981 to 1985
Penn Medicine Academy
Licensed Practical Nurse