JOYCE J. VAUGHN, MBA
Memphis, TN 38119
• HR Generalist
• Retail District Management
• Employee Relations
• Non Union Environment
• Relationship Management
• Demand Solution Warehouse
• HR Systems
• Intelli Time
• Ulti Pro
• Corporate Placement
• Employment Law
• HR Policies & Procedures
• Benefit Administration
• Applicant Tracking
• Team Building
• Civic HR
• FLSA / FMLA / OSHA / HSE / ADA/ADEA
• Payroll Administration
• Unemployment Hearings
• Six Sigma
• Process Improvement
• Demand Solution Requirement Planning
• Title V1 Coordinator
• HR Budgets
Team focused Human Resources Professional with approximately 10 years of Human Resource experience coupled with Loan Servicing, and extensive knowledge of HR best practices, labor and employment law. Successful track record in human resources, material planning, workforce planning, finance, and analytical problem-solving.
GRACELAND REHABILITATION & NURSING CENTER OCTOBER 2018-PRESENT
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, MEMPHIS, TN
• Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the Human Resources Delegate. (e.g., developing Human Resources policy manuals, employee job descriptions, performance evaluations, etc.)
• Develop and maintain written job descriptions and performance evaluations for each staff position in accordance with pertinent laws governing job positions.
• Ensure that the Facility complies with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime, work hours, workers’ unemployment compensation, etc.
• Ensure hiring and discharge procedures comply with established policies and procedures.
• Assist the Facility in developing personnel policies.
• Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, etc., as necessary or required.
• Attend and participate in Facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention, etc.).
• Ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for staff personnel.
• Monitor Worker Compensation claims and coordinate work between employees and the insurance carrier. Ensure OSHA recordings and posting are complete.
• Counsel and discipline personnel, as requested or as necessary.
• Maintain attendance records and records of counseling, warning, and other disciplinary action taken against employees.
• Arrange and process employee FMLA and other leaves of absence (as applicable.)
• Conduct investigations into employee allegations of abuse
SHELBY COUNTY TRUSTEE, MEMPHIS, TN JULY 2016-SEPTEMBER 2018
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
• Responsibilities include providing practical, consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional managers on HR procedures and policy to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the Trustee’s office.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Human Resources on all matters related to human resources administration in the Trustee’s office, including benefits, performance management, disciplinary procedures, hiring, employment contracts and data management.
• Partners with management to communicate and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws and government regulations.
• Manage employee relations issues such as employee complaints to include claims of harassment or discrimination.
• Responsible for Monthly reports including, overtime, accruals.
• Manage and process payroll accurately through Timekeeping system, Intelli-time software.
• Manage recruitment, interview, and selection process for entry level, professional job openings within areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for new hire orientation for all new employees in the Trustee’s office.
• Managed FMLA process for employees.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Completes Human Resource presentation for Office operational review monthly meetings.
• Maintain personnel files, including training records and all necessary new hire paperwork.
• OJI Coordinator
• Responsible for coordinating the employee performance appraisal process reviews.
• Track staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, compensation, promotions, etc.
CITY OF MEMPHIS HOUSING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT 2011-2018
Loan Servicing Analyst, Memphis, TN
• Monitor loans in Bankruptcy; file proof of claims electronically through public access to court electronic records (Pacer System)
• Generate monthly progress reports on bankruptcy and foreclosure loans,
• Track property through foreclosure proceedings and asset management phase for resale
• Assist in annual reporting to borrowers including escrow analysis and coupon mail-out and legal department on lawsuits involving mortgage loans.
• Set up existing loans to FICS system
• Process payments received from the Chapter 13 Trustee, review, process, and update account changes
• Manage fax and mail submittals from borrowers and attorneys
• Make the appropriate updates/indexing to accounts
• Maintain knowledge of escrow and consistently assist collectors/analyst with questions regarding escrow
• Conduct collection calls on assigned mortgage loans
• Provide payment assistance with walk in customers
MEMPHIS AREA TEACHERS CREDIT UNION, Memphis, TN 2008-2010
Human Resource Representative
• Managed employee relations issues, policy interpretation and conducting employee relation investigations.
• Monitored human resources activities Companywide to ensure full compliance with all legal, corporate, and ethical standards in the areas of Employer/Employee Relations
• Assisted human resource department with year-end processing of benefits open enrollment and audits for benefit plans
• Managed FMLA process through reporting
• Documented OSHA incidents and promoted workplace safety
• Recruited and Staffed for all positions in Credit Union
• Prepared employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
• Managed online recruiting resources and in-house posting to identify and recruit the very best candidates
• Conducted phone screens and interviews with and without managers to select qualified candidates
• Organized, lead and document post-interview with interview teams and candidates
• Facilitated orientation and process new hire paper work
• Entered accurate associate and candidate data into the HRIS system.
• Prepared and submitted weekly and monthly ad hoc reports
• Maintained confidential personnel files in accordance to company policy
• Answered routine inquiries from associates regarding company benefits or policies
CATHERINE’S STORE OPERATIONS, Memphis, TN 2004-2008
Human Resource Generalist/HRIS Analyst
• Supported VP of Human Resources in aligning HR strategies, directions and objectives through appropriate advice/interventions
• Managed and maintained HRIS – (Kronos, Report-Smith & ADP systems) via data entry
• Served as a point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities
• Managed and maintained and supported a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools
• Managed development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs
• Ensured data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
• Supplied first line of communication for all employee relations. Maintains and promotes positive employee morale. Answered questions regarding benefits, pay, and policies and procedures
• Served as team member on Comp Planner Benefits System planning to administer benefits, compensation program
• Managed benefits administration to include change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees
• Recommended disciplinary action for all employees.
• Assists Managers in ensuring employees are in compliance with policies and procedures
• Conducted employment verifications
• Managed and processed bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
• Tracked all temporary and Interns employee information and files on performance and training documents
• Provided new employee orientation for all employees
• Updated and maintained Affirmative Action Logs
• Recorded all flow of applications/resumes, new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, and terminations
• Conducted New Hire Orientation
• Verified and submitted to Corporate all human resources related invoices
• Coordinated temporary employee staffing needs between several agencies and process requisitions for conversion at the time of eligibility
• Updated and maintained I-9 forms and all insurance contributory payments
• Generated weekly reports of temporary employee hours to the corresponding agency
• Promoted safety awareness to employees through workplace safety training and policy interpretation
• Processed and monitored OJI occurrences for employees and maintained monthly reports for end of year submissions to corporate office
CUMMINS DIESEL ENGINE AFTERMARKET, MEMPHIS, TN 1998-2003
Material Planner, Onan Parts
• Worked with over 100 suppliers to determine guidelines that would ensure excellent supplier performance and meeting customer needs.
• Managed the flow of power generator parts throughout the supply chain resulting in quality service to customers.
• Monitored and communicated effectively with suppliers that achieved excellent on-time delivery which reduced backorders by 30% or $40,000
• Maintained appropriate stocking levels by various part numbers that improved fill rates from 90% to 95%.
Masters of Business Administration with a Concentration in Human Resources Management
Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Lemoyne-Owen College, Memphis, Tennessee
Member of SHRM