Phone · 770-***-****
Email · email@example.com
Highly organized and detail-focused staff accountant with an exceptional track record of accurately handling financial reporting in deadline-oriented environments.
• Skilled in recording transactions, posting debits and credits, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Assisting with developing and delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management within tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, generating invoices and monthly statements for clients.
• Team player, who gives extra time and effort to reach the desired outcome, interacts cohesively with people on all organizational levels.
• Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Express, Financial Edge
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & RECEIVABLE, SANHUA INTERNATIONAL, INC.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the entry of all vendor payables in our MIS
• Accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices for proper payment, within terms
• Prepare vendor payments for mailing
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and utilizing available credit memos
• Analyze vendor invoices to ensure accurate account classification of expenses
• Add new vendors, maintain/update vendor information as needed
• Respond to telephone or email inquiries timely as primary department resource for A/P email inbox
• Reconcile vendor statements, resolve discrepancies as needed
• Partner with Production and Products departments to resolve issues related to vendor as needed
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee application of credit policy, periodic reviews of existing customers, assigning credit limits to new customers, assisting with credit card processing, and resolving credit issues with customers
• Create invoices, verify applicable charges and tax, and prepare for mailing to customers
• Assist with reviewing and maintaining sales tax exemption records
• Manage all aspects of the collections process while maintaining a high level of customer service
• Identify delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts
• Identify bad debt or financial exposure
• Maintain/update customer information as needed in our management information system (MIS)
• Perform collections follow-up calls and emails daily and maintain collections notes in our MIS
• Research, escalate and resolve any billing discrepancies
• Prepare customer statements on a monthly basis
• Book incoming pre-payments via bank wire, ACH, credit card, and PayPal, keeping track of key details
• Work with customers, sales team, and shipping clerk to resolve outstanding issues
• Prepare aging analysis, collections, assist with bookkeeping and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis, providing documentation to external accountant as needed
• Help establish and achieve A/R aging goals
• Assist with month-end accounting close as needed
• Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
• Ensure our finance operations run smoothly and drive process improvements
• Ability to partner with customers to create effective working relationships
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST, WORLD CHANGERS CHURCH INTERNATIOANL
• Enter invoices and check requests into the accounting system for payment.
• Review and verify expense coding on invoices
• Match invoices to Purchase Orders and other approvals.
• Close out Purchase Orders on open balances that are not needed.
• Calculate and verify amounts due on invoices.
• Cut checks, send wires and ACHs based on assigned dates, payment cycles and cash accounts.
• Review and reconcile vendor statements to vendor ledgers in Accounts Payable
• Reconcile Accounts Payable totals to the General Ledger
• Interact with vendors, purchasing and outside departments for problem resolution related to disbursements
• Provide an outstanding payables weekly report to Accounting Manager
• File all Vendor payments and backup
• Perform month end closing functions to include providing an accrual list to the Accountants
• Perform any unassigned duties that are assigned to you that are in relation to Accounts Payable
• Obtain quotes and locate vendors for potential purchases.
• Negotiate vendor pricing to assist company in meeting budgetary goals.
• Purchase all supplies, tools, and articles, as approved, for 28 locations.
• Create Purchase Orders for items to be purchased.
• Research and resolve pricing matters, product issues, and other issues with purchases made or items received.
• Maintain Debit Purchase cards.
• Make and confirm travel arrangements for various departments.
• Perform all purchasing duties within the established policies and procedures.
• Develop and provide reports on purchasing activities as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for managing the information flow between accounting, Satellite locations and the Department Director.
• Responsible for overseeing the preparation of periodic account reconciliations.
• Responsible for overseeing the preparation of periodic account analyses.
• Responsible for overseeing the monitoring of the monthly budgets and preparing weekly reports.
• Responsible for aiding other departments in the timely resolution of all financial and budgetary issues.
STAFF / A/P ACCOUNTANT, SHELTERING ARMS
• Reimburse approved petty cash and travel mileage.
• Perform administrative functions as needed for Vice President of Finance.
• Act as backup to the Accountant (Payroll) in his/her absence.
• Assist with departmental financial statement analysis.
• Maintain general ledger and accounts payable posting reports.
• Process Accounts Payable invoices for 17 locations.
• Match invoices with packing slips.
• Obtain signatures for invoice processing.
• Post to Accounts Receivables.
• Review checks and vouchers for accuracy and obtain signatures.
• Assist during annual financial audit.
• Communicate with vendors, Automatic Data Processing and Banking Institutions.
• Complete and submit GA Department of Labor Occupational Employment Surveys.
• Complete and submit Unemployment Compensation report.
• Complete employment verifications for past and present employees.
• Distribute checks and other information and documents to Management, Center Directors and other staff.
• Perform Accounts Receivable monitoring using ProCare for Tuition fees.
• Perform Accounts Receivable monitoring using ProCare for DFACS reimbursements.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Perform Cash Management/Banking Functions
BACHELOR IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ACCOUNTING, MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE, CLINTON, MS
MASTERS IN ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, KELLER GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, NORCROSS, GA