Purchasing Manager/Director with over 40 years of experience in purchasing and production control, driving cost savings and increasing efficiencies to meet company goals. Extensive background in purchasing, production planning, master scheduling, inventory control and with various MRP/ERP systems.
ZACKY & SONS POULTRY, LLC, Fresno, CA, 2013 – 2018 Purchasing Manager responsible for contract negotiations and leading purchasing department staff for purchasing production materials and MRO supplies.
• Reestablished positive relations with critical vendors after company came out of chapter 11 bankruptcy.
• Negotiated equitable payment terms with several key vendors and suppliers that required our company to purchase on pre-pay basis.
Senior Buyer / Senior Production Planner
PELCO BY SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, Clovis, CA, 2007 – 2013 Senior Buyer for MRO “Non-Production Procurement” functions and managing contract negotiations. Senior Production Planner responsible for planning and balancing production workload against available capacity, vendor management for purchase acquisition, inventory strategy and shop-floor control process.
• Saved Pelco over $160K in 1 year and over $215K saved the next year by cultivating strong vendor relationships, resulting in successful MRO service contract negations.
• Planned manufacturing production lines to meet stated company finished goods inventory levels. Purchasing Manager / Inventory Control Manager
WEIR FLOWAY, INC., Fresno, CA, 2006 – 2007
Managed purchasing, receiving and warehouse operation activities by directing 2 departments with the primary objective of on time delivery to all downstream customers and the continual improvement of inventory accuracy.
• Increased overall inventory accuracy more than 15% through team education and training of proper inventory location and cycle count methods.
• Improved customer on-time delivery 10%+ by devising and implementing daily exception reports for Assembly and Shipping department, increasing overall on-time-delivery metrics to more than 98%+.
• Led Project Team trimming obsolete and slow moving inventory more than 10% ($450K) by means of identifying said inventory to raise visibility to Sales, Service and Engineering. Purchasing and Materials Planning
BETTS SPRING COMPANY, Fresno, CA, 2003 – 2006
Directed all functions supporting the complete cycle of material flow, from planning and procurement of production and MRO materials, to the internal controls necessary for inventory accuracy. Also, supervised Shipping and Receiving (Traffic) departments.
• Achieved $250K+ annual savings through supplier negotiations and new vendor sourcing.
• Wrote custom report program and implemented process to virtually eliminate missed customer shipments in the Shipping department, increasing on-time-delivery to over 98%+.
• Implemented comprehensive Physical Inventory procedures, resulting in net variance improvement of 450% over previous physical inventory results.
RANDY DIPINTO PAGE TWO
BELLTECH, INC., Fresno, CA, 2002 – 2003
Planned, negotiated and purchased production and MRO materials to support manufacturing and customer sales to assist in rapid company growth.
• Implemented VMI fastener program, virtually eliminating stock-outs, reducing inventory levels and greatly improving inventory accuracy.
• Acquired new suppliers for key components and raw material with projected annual savings of $71K+
• Improved vendor relations with several key suppliers to facilitate better vendor delivery lead times. Production Control Supervisor / Shipping Department Supervisor GENERAL CABLE CORPORATION, Sanger, CA, 1999 – 2002 Planned and produced schedule for wire cable fabrication lines. Managed shipping department to meet customer and Distribution Centers shipment schedule, and achieved near “zero” finished goods inventory level.
• Slashed finished goods inventory by 80%+, lowering from $525K to less than $90K with pull system planning.
• Improved on-time work order delivery performance metrics from 70% to greater than 97%, by planning and scheduling production flow based on proven rates of manufacturing capacity.
• Increased customer shipping order turns of finish goods from 5 days to 3 days, a 40% improvement, by daily prioritizing shipping schedule and not deviating without management review and approval. EDUCATION
BA, Business Management and Organizational Development, Fresno Pacific University, Fresno, CA TECHNICAL SKILLS
ERP / MRP business management systems such as MAPICS, Data-3, BPCS Experienced with Windows Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint