Jianhong Wang, Ph.D.
Irmo, SC, 29063
Permanent Resident of USA
• To secure a higher level Statistical Analyst position in your company where I can apply my experience and efficiently contribute to the company’s growth. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
• Solid background in statistics and mathematics with two master degrees in Statistics and in Applied Mathematics, respectively. My Ph.D degree in Statistics was earned in August, 2018.
• Intensive skills and experience with statistics tools and work platforms such as SQL, SAS, SAS Enterprise, R, SQL, SAP Business Objects, SAS/IntrNet, Latex, Python, UNIX, WINSCP etc.
• Three years of extensively programming by SAS with DB2 and Integrated Data Repository
(IDR) database with Medicare data. Five years of doing research on data analysis
(especially on Bayesian and categorical data area), and programming on Ph.D dissertation using SAS & R & Lalex. Four years of teaching mathematics and statistics.
• Self-started, cooperative, excellent attention to detail, logic, and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and multi-tasks, and always ensure achievement of expected or exceed customers’ expectations.
Statistical Analyst II at Palmetto GBA Apr. 2016 -- Present
• Proficiently and independently design, code, execute SAS, DB2, IDR programs for the extraction and presentation of data for AdHoc and standard reporting. I have been in charge of creating BOXI reports for all the Palmetto GBA contracts from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
• Develop, design random sampling methodology, and proficiently work on Post-Pay samples of extrapolation.
• Proficiently and efficiently utilize statistical programming tools such as R or SAS to identify patterns and trends in many aspects. With many years’ experience of working with R and Latex, Comparative Billing Reports and other projects with graphics were originally created and set up as templates and efficiently applied within teammates. I had created a series of beautiful graphs such as providers’ social network about beneficiary sharing for medical review team’s annual summary reports, similar work as provider’s behavior trending history reports created in BOXI reports.
• Had led on a brand-new big project that started with collecting data from different departments, creating into DB2 database, finishing all the related reports, then ended up with putting the reports into monthly, quarterly and annually standardized reports, which anyone can quickly pick up and run the programs quickly without any issue.
• Always produce accurate reports for customers, error-free work with all kinds of reports by various statistics tools and work platform such as SAS, SQL, SAP Business Objects, SAS/IntrNet, WINSCP, UNIX etc. Promptly response and accurately address with customer questions. I always have been assigned to work on urgent Adhoc requests. I was the first one who awarded Superstar Associate in our big team. Teaching assistant at Department of Statistics Aug. 2012 – Apr. 2016 University of South Carolina, SC
• Teach undergraduates to design experiments, collect data, analyze data, and make inference and interpretation from graphical display and data summaries using software R and web-based statistical software StatCrunch. And held office hours at tutoring center.
• Consult with the clients from other departments with statistical issues, and give them technical and practical suggestions, and feedback.
• Extensively research about panel count data in survival analysis using Bayesian methods. Plenty of statistics tools and software such as R, SAS, SQL and MATLAB are extremely applied. The entire data analysis for my Ph.D. dissertation was programmed by R, the dissertation was written by Latex. Graduate Computer Assistant at Department of Statistics University of South Carolina, SC Aug. 2011 -- July 2012
• Graduate Assistant to IT manager of both Mathematics and Statistics Departments.
• Develop a very efficient inventory table for all the computers’ information in Mathematics and Statistics Department.
• Install software in the computer lab and deal with computer problems. Technician at School of Medicine
University of South Carolina, SC Oct. 2010 -- Aug. 2011
• Guide new students and post-doctors to be familiar with lab rules, equipment and current stored data, and help them deal with raw data set.
• Develop data architecture design for efficiently maintaining the Professor Taixing Cui’s lab at School of Medicine.
• In charge of ordering lab equipment and chemicals, and help design and set up experiments.
Assistant Professor at Mathematics Department
University of Science and Technology, PLA, China Aug. 2000 – Mar. 2002
• Teach all level of mathematics courses including Calculus, Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics, and Data analysis.
• Organize undergraduates to participate annual National Competition in Mathematical Modeling in China.
RELATED COURSEWORK (GPA: 3.924)
• Computing in Statistics
• Data Analysis I & II
• Survival Analysis
• Bayesian Data Analysis
• Categorical Data Analysis
• Nonparametric Reference
• Mathematical Statistics I & II
• Advanced Statistical Computing
• Practicum Statistical Counseling
TECHINICAL WORK SKILLS
• Proficient in programming with R, SAS, MATLAB, SQL, UNIX, Business Objects SAS/IntrNet, Python etc.
• Proficient in generating data extractions, summary tables and graphical representations for patterns and trends using SAS, R, Word processing, Excel, Access and Power Point.
• Exporting statistical analysis results or data listings to RTF, EXCEL, TXT and CSV files. EDUCATION
Ph.D. of Science in Statistics
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC August 2018 Master of Science in Statistics
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 2013
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
Univ. of Science and Technology PLA, Nanjing, China 2000 Bachelor of Mathematics Education
Henan University, China 1997
• J. Wang & X. Lin, “A Bayesian Approach for Semiparametric Regression Analysis of Penal Count Data “(Revision submitted to Lifetime Data Analysis, 2018).
• M. Wang & J. Wang, “Structures and Properties of Some Nonlinear Evolution Equations”, Chinese Annual Mathematics. (2000, 21(A), 149-158).
• M. Wang & J. Wang, “Global Existence and Finite Time Extinction of Doubly Singular Parabolic Equations”, Chinese Journal of Contemporary Mathematics. (2000, 219(2), 115-126).