E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Edmonton, Alberta
Mobile: 780-***-**** Canada – T6E2E5
SUMMARY Dedicated Civil Engineering graduate with in-depth knowledge of engineering theories, principles, specifications and standards, specialized in construction management. Well- versed in exchanging factual and technical information clearly and concisely through written and oral communication within the organization and other parties. HIGHLIGHTS
• AutoCAD and REVIT
• Contract documents, quantity
take-offs, cost estimation
• Construction management
• Microsoft office
• Strong technical aptitude
• Engineering design and
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA - Edmonton, Canada Master of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Jan 2019 - GPA: 3.7/4.0 Relevant courses: Decision support system in construction, Work improvement studies. VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY - Bangalore, India Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, July 2015 - GPA: 7.7/10 RELEVANT UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
EXPERIENCE Graduate Research Assistant, Sep 2017 – Dec 2018
• Coordinated and assisted BIM team in designing 3D BIM models and generated shop drawings for construction using Autodesk Revit.
• Collaborated with leading construction industries like ATCO structures and logistics and C&V portable for providing an efficient designing process.
• Process mapping of construction activities in the industry and suggested an efficient way of the processes.
Research Assistant, Summer 2017
• Created designs for the buildings in accordance with the national building code of Canada and construction knowledge.
• Worked on the development of an application for automatically frame the buildings based on construction knowledge and building codes.
• Developed an automated add-on application for cost estimation for Revit software. CICON PVT. Ltd. – Bangalore, India
Internship – Assistant Site Engineer, June 2014 to September 2014
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the site, supervising the plans, drawings and monitoring the site labour force.
• Performed quality control tests in the construction project site and overseen the health and safety of labour force.
• Conducted a feasibility study by estimating the quantities and cost of materials, equipment, labour using Microsoft Excel.
BIM-BASED AUTOMATED DESIGN CHECKING FOR BUILDING PERMIT IN THE LIGHT-FRAME BUILDING INDUSTRY.
• Collected all the municipal bylaws and building codes information related to buildings design criteria for the approval of the design for construction.
• Proposed a comprehensive way for automated checking of building design based on bylaws, codes and construction engineering design aspects.
• Developed an add-on application in C# language to automate the checking of zoning bylaws and framing regulations for residential buildings. UNDERGRAD DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF MULTI-STORY BUILDING PROJECT
• Designed concrete building footing, columns, and beams by considering different load combinations and determined the effects of loads on them and their components.
• Analysed the multi-stored building design in accordance with structural design aspects based on the project site conditions.
• Analysed structural framing of the multi-stored building using ETABS structural analysis software to validate the design calculations. SKILLS
Revit and BIM 360,
VOLUNTEER VP Finance – ISA: University of Alberta Capture, 2018 ACTIVITIES
• Create financial plans as defined by the committee members.
• Provide information, analysis and reports required and requested by the committee and ISA-Edmonton.
Faculty of Engineering and Graduate Research Symposium, July 2018 Workshop Moderator,
• Ensured that the workshop sessions are carried out on time and in an academic fashion.
• Troubleshooting any technical difficulty that arises. Preliminary setup manager,
• Assisted in Setting up dinner and placing signage.
• Assisted in preparing different areas in the event venue. College Event’s Coordinator, 2014-2015.
• Coordinated and managed events in symposiums, workshops, blood donation camp, cultural and sporting fests.
• Monitored event timelines and ensure deadlines were met. AWARD Lalmohan Samantaraya International Graduate Award in Engineering – 2018.