JAMES N. SOYK
Ripon, Wisconsin 54971
A video production professional with 30 years of experience in videography and post-production producing both long-form and short-form video segments. Demonstrates expertise utilizing multiple specialty production equipment including helicopter camera systems, jib mounted cameras, Drones and mounting remote point of view (POV) cameras. Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and team building skills. Accomplished at building positive client relationships.
Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), Oshkosh, Wisconsin 1998 – 2003, 2007-2018
The world’s largest recreational aviation organization with 170,000 members worldwide, representing pilots and flight enthusiasts. Its premier event, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, hosts the largest fly-in convention in the world, attracting over 10,000 airplanes and an annual attendance of 500,000.
Senior Videographer/Editor. Responsible for supervising production crews on all shoots including lighting, set-up and acting as chief videographer, principle camera operator, and editor. Maintain and set-up all video and editing equipment. Supervise full time Lighting/Production Assistant, Video Editor, and up to four production crew members. Produce weekly instructional video series for web and DVD resale, marketing and advertising materials for web and broadcast, and long format television series all while meeting tight deadlines.
• Produced, edited, and shot premier aviation video Oshkosh: Spirit of Aviation narrated by actor and pilot Harrison Ford.
• Director of Photography (DP) for thirteen-episode series, "From the Ground Up" for Discovery Wings Channel, and assisted production in meeting high quality standards needed for additional work with ‘Discovery’.
• Selected to edit and act as DP for a thirteen-episode series, "Learning To Fly" for Discovery Wings, which upon successful completion of series, increased EAA exposure and revenues.
• Requested by Discovery to document EAA AirVenture for Discovery Wings’ special, "On Location”.
• Shot and edited Federal Aviation Administration’s "Safer Skies" series of videos, used for education and training for pilots.
• Edited half-hour continuous series "Sport Aviation" for Speedvision channel, which ensured continuation of production of department’s signature series.
• Edited Speedvision’s "AirVenture 1999" TV special, which earned a “Telly” Award.
• Co-edited one-hour special for ESPN documenting "AirVenture 1999”.
Green Bay Packers, Inc., Green Bay, Wisconsin 2013-Present
• Game day operator of handheld sideline camera for the TundraVision screens.
Made Ya Look, Green Bay, Wisconsin 2002 - 2012
A locally owned and operated video production company.
• Field Camera Operator; reporting to the owner. Responsible for field camera operation for Lambeau Field TundraVision screens for Green Bay Packers home games.
Leading Edge Productions, Ripon, Wisconsin 2003 – 2007
A self-owned freelance production company
Contract Video production for various local and national clients. Recent productions include:
• Videographer/Editor for 26-episode Outdoor Channel HD series entitled “Wings to Adventure”
• Videographer for Universal Studios Motion Picture “Jarhead” trailer, entitled “Men of War”
• Videographer for NFL Network shooting post-game press conference at Lambeau Field
• Videographer/Jib Operator for WG&R local commercials
• Videographer/Editor for EAA’s one-hour AirVenture retail show
• Videographer for Beech/Raytheon marketing video for prototype Navy/Air Force training aircraft
• Videographer/Editor for Sennheiser Aviation Products marketing video
• Specialty camera rigging for Gulfstream corporate jets marketing shoot
JAMES N. SOYK PAGE 2
Pulse, Green Bay, Wisconsin 1999 - 2002
A locally owned and operated video production company.
• Field Camera Operator; reporting to the Field Director. Responsible for field camera operation for Lambeau Field TundraVision screens for Green Bay Packers home games.
Dan Walker Productions, Lewiston, Idaho 1997 - 1998
A local production facility that produces mostly local and regional television commercials and corporate and industrial videos.
• Videographer / Editor. Responsible for editing commercials and video production of corporate and industrial videos. Created a client-friendly and focused facility that increased client base and loyalty and ultimately, revenues.
Soyk Advertising, Lewiston, Idaho 1984 - 1997
An independently-owned advertising agency with an in-house production company.
• Owner. Responsible for managing and all aspects of video production including sales, concept, pre-production and post-production for local and regional commercials for clients.
• Managed four production personnel.
• Produced, directed and edited more than 1500 advertising and public service commercials for clients which aired locally and regionally.
• Negotiated and received contracts with numerous local and national clients including: Coca Cola, Potlatch Corp., Ports of Lewiston and Clarkston, FMC and National Educators Association; which increased Company revenues and improved client satisfaction.
United States Marine Corps, Camp Pendleton, California 1974 - 1978
• Sergeant - Traffic Analyst; reporting to the NCOIC of Regimental Communications. Responsible for handling and routing all classified materials for the 7th Marine Regiment.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / TRAINING / SKILLS / EQUIPMENT
Emergency Medical Technician, City of Ripon, Wisconsin 2000 -2006
State Licensed / Nationally Certified
Adobe Premiere Techniques, Lynda.com
Sony HD Camera Course, Outdoor Channel, Temecula, California
Intravenous Technician, Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Emergency Medical Technician, Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Avid Advanced Media Composer Techniques, Columbia College, Chicago, Illinois
FAA Licensed Commercial Drone Pilot