Jane S. Park Phone: 707-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Professional with 10+ years of experience managing cases of various time frames and requiring interfacing with clients of diverse viewpoints, needs and communication styles, while minimizing risk on all sides. Knack for cognizance of the many ways written messages can be construed and have received recognition for such. Awards for focused and calm customer service. Exposure to working with contracts performing analysis of assets for permissions granting, contract selection and delivery, and their data entry and filing systems and libraries. Organized and developed best practices for permissions records and periodic errata reporting. Looking for a position using my analytical and creative problem solving working with contracts, policy and intellectual property across different media. Completed training onsite at Google for content review. Strong interests in arts and media, communications and learning. Interests in expanding tech knowledge. Skills and Accomplishments
● Extensive customer service via phone and email with internal and external customers and authors, showing initiative in a group to push efficient resolution of queries; received two awards for efforts
● Efficient facilitation of queries between disparate groups, such as students, authors, lawyers, and businesses. Minimize risk by employing proper escalation, closing communication loops and clarifying points for all sidesed
● Edit and write public-facing content to minimize risk and comply with company policies including those in place to comply with legal obligation
● Project management for obtaining permissions, developed best practices for recordkeeping
● Research and acquisition of expert contributors in various disciplines regardless of personal familiarity
● Basic to Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office, Filemaker databases, OpenPuff, Acrobat, internal wiki
● Strong writing, editing, analysis, project management and problem solving; some SEO writing and exposure; content writing for internal procedures for various processes including copyright application, permissions
● Tutoring for a range of ages and ability levels
● Prepare reports identifying errata trends and share via Google Sheets Work History
Content Review Analyst (Contract), Vaco SF @ Google, (Nov 2018 - Dec 2018) Training for project, including learning and applying policies for acceptable apps on the Google Play store.
● Complete 5 week training reviewing policies for acceptance of apps to the Google Play store. In training, use test devices to test apps for violating content. Publishing Project Coordinator, PPI, A Kaplan Company (Nov 2017 - Nov 2018) Coordinate permissions, errata reports and provide expert acquisition to support content team
● Perform rights checks, determine needed permissions, request and receive permissions, track payments and develop and maintain permissions records
● Manage errata reports from students and corrections by authors on a weekly basis. Coordinate correspondence to author for corrections. Prepare monthly report analyzing errata numbers both on a product level and a technical level by particular statuses.
● Perform copyright registration applications for new books.
● Perform copyright infringement searches and report of possible infringement via eBay.
● Tasks maintaining author contract files including sending out letters notifying authors that their books will go out of print after reviewing contract language.
● Research and acquisition of subject matter experts (SMEs) to produce content for products.
● Maintain libraries by shelving new editions and pulling old editions. IP Granting Associate, Cengage Learning (Jan 2005-Oct 2017) Process outbound permission requests for use of IP in various formats, and assist legal operations team
● Research rights of titles and items with tools necessary, including rights databases, legal document repository, and contact with product teams, legal counsel and contract services. Evaluate use against existing policy.
● Regularly assist customers with online request form for efficient and complete permission requests.
● Manage each request in a timely manner, facilitating tactful and efficient correspondence with the customer, as well as sales and product teams to expedite response. Keep customer abreast of the status of their request.
● Manage responses with awareness of needs of the customer and the need to protect the IP, sales, and custom opportunities of my publisher. Regularly serve as a liaison between students, authors, sales, and legal team
● Assist in writing and editing text representing group tasks for reference needs of internal and external viewers
● Performed analysis of appropriate rights available for electronic versions of print products
● Extensive data entry of legal specifications to update records of product, learning systems as necessary
● Created coding spreadsheets and notification documents for the reversion of title rights
● Assist other members of the Legal team as well as product teams when they receive a request for outbound reuse of material, explaining policies and completing grant letter responses Other Experience with Media and IP
Aplia Online Homework Content Reviewer, Cengage (2015) Project Management Foundations Class, Cengage (2012) Copyright Clearance Center Copyright Basics Workshop (2010) Certificate, Accessibility Awareness Training, High Tech Training Unit in Cupertino (2006)
Training for Students of English as a Second Language, Solano County Libraries
Program assistant, California Lawyers for the Arts (2003-2004) Research and production assistance, KVIE, (2002-2003) Research Assistant (intern), The Reporter (newspaper), (2002-2003) Contributing writer, nationally distributed on U-wire, The Daily Californian (2001) Tutor, Armijo High School, (1997-1998)
BA, Philosophy, University of California, Berkeley (2012) Certificate, Program in History, Politics, & Society, Oxford University Department for Continuing Education (2002)
Interest in IT generalist classes, intellectual property, free speech, arts, media and issues of compliance