David A. Galvan
A dynamic, assertive training professional with expertise in Human Resources, recruiting, teaching and instructional design including assessment methodologies, story-boarding. Proficient in both project development and management while executing in a fast-paced professional environment. Extensive experience with ADDIE training model, written communications and presentation skills, building effective teams, hiring and staffing along with train the trainer formats using proven adult training principals and concepts. Proven high energy communicator, motivator, and creative problem solver with strong leadership, and coaching skills...
CarMax Auto Sales Super Stores, Buena Park, Ca. 8-2018 to Present
• Develop relationships, deliver outstanding customer service experience for customers and sell cars to meet and exceed company goals.
Green Solar Technologies, West Hollywood. Ca. (Contract employment) 9-2017 to 11-2017
Training Manager/ Outside Sales Team Manager
• Led outside sales team to capture and deliver outstanding customer service and support during sales process
• Built 7-team Call Center lead generation team supporting the Outside Sales Team
Accenture LLP, El Segundo. Ca. 8-2016 to 8-2017
• Human Resources point of contact for all Southern California offices and personal.
• Lead all hiring and termination processes for So-Cal offices
• Lead all bi-weekly New Joiner Orientation classes for So-Cal market
• Working directly with Senior Leadership around reporting and various ad-hoc performance metrics
Accenture Federal Services, Chantilly, Va. 12-2012 to 8-2016
• Support New Agent Training and develop Customer support skill sets for Los Angeles Customer Care Center (LACCC) supporting the United States Postal Service (USPS).
• Support best practices while developing new training material for all facets of LACCC
• Foster a winning attitude and culture in USPS to support Call Center and it’s employees
• Use ADDIE training concepts for Instructional Design and development of training materials
Acro Energy, Pomona, Ca. 7-2012 to 11-2012
Manager, Training & Development
• Create, support and deliver 5-day New Agent Training and customer service for all new field Sales Reps.
• Work with C Level Management and Senior Leadership on professional growth and sales skills development
• Mentor leadership qualities across all business segments for key personnel career development
American Solar Direct, Santa Monica, Ca. 8-2011 to 7-2012
Manager, Training & Development
• Developed & managed New Hire Training classes and calendar while teaching all new hire personnel
• Recruited, interviewed, hired and trained field personnel to support 4th quarter build-up of installation teams
• Doubled our internal field installation teams in 4th quarter from 4 to 9, teams, producing 997 Kw for the 3 months
• Developed various surveys and questionnaires to support training and on-boarding process
• Managed corporate training calendar, with outside vendors and leadership development opportunities
• Coach inside sales teams, developed new skill sets to increase revenue stream via outbound call campaigns.
Verengo Solar Plus, Orange, Ca. 3-2009 to 5-2010
Call Center Trainer, Recruiter
• Recruit new talent while developing available resources in both media, and print to gain quality personal for Call Center while supporting and driving both production and revenue goals. Surpassed revenue goal over budgeted KPI by 300% 4th Qtr. 2009.
• Created and delivered Computer-Based Training (CBT) Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and blended training content like “Hands-on” Pod training for new hire telemarketers allowing them to collapse timeframes and ramp-up quickly in a “Live” environment, with defined Pass/No-pass points over 10-day program.
• Created mentoring programs, training opportunities and guidelines for disciplinary action for the continual development of new hires as well as under achieving telemarketers.
• Communicate and promote Best Practices while reporting on lesson plans, attendance, and assessing results. Increased Call Center retention rate by 33% over industry standard.
• Monitor, review and coach entire call center telesales group while reporting on quarterly KPI’s
• Created bonus programs that focused on Individual growth potential and understanding of their role and expectations
• Developed online safety training curriculum for newly hired Solar Installers and Electricians.
99¢ Only Stores, Commerce, Ca. 6-2007 to 2-2009
Manager Training & Development
• Manage training program design and implementation, ensuring training resources and staff fully support business strategy and are aligned with talent management priorities at all levels of management, including corporate staff, supervisors and managers.
• Develop, source and organize LMS web-based training material, training manuals, multimedia presentations, quick reference guides, audio visual tools and other easy to use educational materials that were incorporated into LMS tool to support ALL business segments.
• Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
• Created training assessment tools used to measure and monitor required business outcomes and communicate results to key business partners.
• Generate reports and organize data on training results for field succession planning and talent management purposes.
• Manage allocation of training resources to field training and store management staff to ensure training completion.
• Support selection and provide support for external training vendors.
• Manage overall training calendar
Rose Hills Memorial Park, Whittier. Ca. 8-2004 to 6 -2007
Director Sales Training and Development
• Create new sales counselor guidelines and training material as it relates to professional sales skills, strategies and new client (Pipeline) development, along with assessment methodologies.
• Facilitate, prepare and lead bi-monthly sales counselor training classes to increase counselor retention rate
• Recruit, hire and retain new counselors from multiply channels i.e. print, web-based, and direct referral.
• Train and support Call Center personal with New Hire training and ongoing personal development.
• Interface directly with CEO and senior management, Vice President of Sales, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing as it relates to recruiting/retention and overall sales team production goals.
Gateway Computers Inc. 6-1999 to 8- 2004
Call Center Sales Training Project Manager, Cerritos, Ca. (2002-2004)
• Create and manage developmental timelines for new training initiatives
• Lead training projects in development of LMS tools and modules across all business segments.
• Interface with Vendors regarding new Gateway branded A/V products
• Develop and created Gateway “Distance learning” AV training Videos and “Learning Labs” for retail segment.
• Created and managed Gateway “Server Boot camp” project for Institutional and SMB sales segments. Sales Training Specialist, Lake Forest, Ca. (2001- 2002)
• Support and train Call Center personal in weekly meetings for products and services, teach and train New Hires
• Teach proven sales training techniques to groups and individual Reps.
• Design and delivered Opportunity Calling techniques for Country Stores
• Developed metrics to measure and test new hire training knowledge and developed “Train the Trainers” conferences.
eBusiness Account Executive, Business Account Executive, Lake Forest, Ca. (1999 – 2001)
• Aggressive outbound calls to new and referral accounts for Web hosting.
Gateway Computers Inc. (Continued)
• Defined and created numerous procedures and training materials for all segments in Gateway sales.
• Trained multiply Gateway sites for DSL and Web hosting services.
• Aggressive outbound telesales, performed over 100 cold calls daily.
• Increase client base and proactively built additional revenue markets in the State of Florida.
• Develop new accounts with personal relationship skill set.
DeVry Institute of Technology Bachelor of Science in Technical Management
Long Beach, California.
East Los Angeles Community College Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering
Monterey Park, California.
• Expert computer skills and design tools as it relates to Microsoft office products and Cloud platform programs such as Salesforce as a marketing tool and CRM supporting our internal staff, Captivate, Articulate as it relates to instructional design, CRM and various online training programs including WebEx and a variety of Learning Management Software (LMS) programs i.e. Learn.com, and Siebel both template driven tools. Developed feedback surveys and built databases to support content captured.
• Exceptional presentation skills using high energy Instructor Lead Training (ILT) techniques, and blended learning concepts supporting Call Centers in the area of adult learning principles including the ability to adapt communication styles.
• Expert in developing assessment methodologies that result in improved program performance and their reporting.
• Expert in Train the Trainer (TTT) instruction and the facilitation of training concepts to multiple levels of the work force.
• Prolific recruiting and retention skill sets, as well as business “pipeline” management.
• Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills along with writing and editing professional documents i.e. instructor/participant training guides, learning labs, job aids, and related assessment reports.
2 Gateway Spotlight Awards 3 Gateway Gold Performance Awards
2 Gateway Silver Performance Awards Microsoft Project 2000 Certification
Achieve Global “Management Training” certified 2006 CBEST certified, 1998
Rose Hills “Top-Gun” recruiter award 2006 Dale Carnegie “Cold-calling” certified 2006
Verengo Solar Plus “Spirit Award” 2nd Qtr 2009 Outsourced to ACS in support of Gateway sales model 2003/4