GARY F. ABERLE
Passionate professional specializing in accounting, information technology and human resources. Detail-oriented and can enhance the overall big picture. Recognized for improving business operations most notably setting up a new inventory system. First in the district, saving 70% in labor and IT costs.
Social networking, Windows 10, Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, FrontPage, MyOrders Inventory, Great Plains, QuickBooks, Vista Keane Accounting, Publisher, ADP Payroll, AP-AR, P&L, Aging reports, Customer Service, Dependable.
Insight Global at Bank of America Richmond, VA 2018 – 2019
Remediate client data files after audits. Use Excel and several bank database applications.
Walmart’s Neighborhood Market Richmond, VA 2015 - 2016
Collect, print and balance reports pertaining to each day at the store. Key into Smart system cashier terminal data and finalize the day's activities. Use of the cash recycler. Process register bags, keeping track of differences. Make deposits, taking in and giving out cash and safe audits.
Consultant Richmond, VA 2013 - 2015
Participated in Job Seeker meetings, Consulting while looking for a new career opportunity.
Thompson Hospitality Richmond, VA 2008 - 2013
• Effectively managed accounting by ensuring the timely coding, scanning and posting of invoices in accounts payable and proper billing and reconciliation in accounts receivable.
• Utilized ADP e-Time to promptly process payroll; submitted P&L data using Excel and Great Plains to corporate office; maintained the unit safe including petty cash; processed bank deposits.
• Functioned as H R rep for a staff 50 including processing new hire paperwork; maintained office supply inventory; troubleshot office equipment including fax/copier.
• Provided top-notch customer service while serving as point of contact for vendors, facilities management, staff, and visitors via mail, email, phone, and in person.
Ajilon Richmond, VA 2007
• Paid commissions on exports.
• Collected invoice info via mail, email, fax; keyed/imported data into Access.
• Created batches, verified info and approved invoices for payment.
• Printed reports; scanned documents.
Framme Law Richmond, VA 2006
Help Desk/Tech Support
• Provided tech support to company users via phone, email, IM or face-to-face interaction.
• Set up users in Exchange Active Directory, iManage, Outlook and Windows Messenger.
• Resolved software issues with Microsoft Office; high volume in MS Word and MS Excel.
The Windsor Nursing Home Richmond, VA 1996 - 2006
• Provided excellent customer service while creating resident accounts which included: the census, posting charges, adjustments, credits, deposits and printing statements in Vista Keane Accounting. Accounts payable backup.
• Facilitated Network administration by setting up users and permissions; installed new software and patches; designed and published company website using FrontPage.
• Created and maintained the Access Database for the Dietary Department; trained other employees in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Created template designs for signs, newsletters, forms and calendars using Publisher.
Associate Degree in Applied Science - Information Systems Technology and Networking
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, Richmond, VA
Magna Cum Laude; GPA: 3.6
National Dean's List 1999-2000 and 2001-2002
Member Phi Theta Kappa, October 1999 – Present
Honorable Discharge, U.S. Army