NAME: FASOKUN, J ames
ADDRESS: Edmonton, Alberta (Open t o r e location) PROFILE
I am an IT Professional with more than 10 years continuous business experience in using Cisco Routers and Switches in LAN & WAN environment with experience also gathered supporting Windows platforms. I am an enthusiastic worker of graduate calibre, who works effectively in a team and as an individual. I have excellent communication and documentation skills and an ability to think and act quickly to take charge of situations, which enable me to liaise with clients at different levels with an adaptable approach to a varied workload. I have a good understanding of business operational processes and project lifecycles applying PMI and ITIL methodologies.
• Project Management, IT Service Management
• Network Planning, Design, Administration and Optimization
• Ability to work in a Multi-Cultural Environment
• Negotiation and Persuasive Skill, Customer Facing
• Network / Systems Support and troubleshooting on diverse Platforms CERTIFICATION
• Cisco Certified Design Associate CCDA
• Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA R&S
• Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA Security
• Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP
• Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP R&S
• Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Security
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert CCIE (Written)
• Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer PCNSE
• Fortinet Certified Network Security Administrator FCNSA
• Juniper Networks Certified Associate JNCIA-Junos
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate ITIL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Network Security Lead, Wipro-ATCO, Canada July 2018 till date
• Ownership of vulnerability management program, Remediation and Recommendation advisory.
• Management of periodic assessment scanning, both credential and non-credential to infrastructure and application using IBM Qradar Vulnerability Manager.
• Co-ordinating with multiple teams to track on vulnerabilities and interacting with customers and stakeholders as required to perform the remediation.
• Documentation involving plan for remediation and follow up on closure. Connect with customer to get risk acceptance based on inputs from the internal teams.
• Working with project initiative teams, perform scans and ensure vulnerabilities are remediated to acceptable level before assets go-live.
IT Consultant, Barnsley College, United Kingdom. November 2017 till February 2018
• Providing IT consultancy services to Barnsley College.
• Network documentation of the entire Barnsley College Campus network infrastructure.
• Review of existing network infrastructure and providing recommendations.
• Implementation and management of Extreme Switches and Access Points.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, VLAN management, IP Address management.
• Network vulnerability scanning using Nmap, ZenMap and Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE), BackTrack/Kali Linux.
Senior Network Engineer, SopraSteria Group, United Kingdom. February 2017 to August 2017
• Implementation of two tier firewall for the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR). Project engineer for the management of Cisco ASA 5525 Firepower and Palo Alto 3050 Firewall for ONR.
• ASA 5555 Firepower and Checkpoint R75 firewall management and administration, firewall rule management. Site-to-Site VPN (IPSec), Remote Access AnyConnect VPN (IPSec and SSL), Proxy Server configuration (Forefront Threat Management Gateway). ASA 5525 and 5510 administrations.
• Providing third level support on layer 2 and layer 3 devices such as Cisco Catalyst 6509, 3750, 3560, 2960, VLAN management, HSRP configuration, Rapid Spanning Tree configuration, FEX, Fabricpath, OVT, VxLAN.
• Configuration of firewall High Availability, firewall multiple contexts.
• Project implementation of Cisco Meraki cloud managed MS410-32P and MS225-48P switches, configuration of Meraki dashboard.
• Involved in high level design of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) as a proposed solution to a client.
• Worked on several IT projects for Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
• Network scanning using BackTrack/ Kali Linux. Penetration Testing.
• Production of high quality network documentation, network audit, network vulnerability assessment Senior Network Analyst, GYROCOM Limited, United Kingdom. October 2016 – December 2016
• ASA firewall management and administration, firewall rule management
• Providing third level support on layer 2 and layer 3 devices and technologies such as Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3560, VLAN management, HSRP configuration, Rapid Spanning Tree configuration
• Remote AnyConnect VPN support, Site-to-Site VPN support
• Production of high quality network documentation, network audit Senior Network Engineer, iT Group, Strategy and Resource Directorate, Department for Education, United Kingdom. January 2016 to July 2016
• Project team member for the delivery of IT Modernisation programme for DfE.
• Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst 6500 switches (6509 and 6506), Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3560, Switch IOS upgrade. VLAN management, HSRP configuration, Rapid Spanning Tree configuration
• Production of high quality network documentation, network audit, IP address management
• Implementation of RADIUS on windows 2012 R2 server, Implementation of AAA on active devices
• OSPF configuration, Port Channel configuration.
• Network Management using Solarwinds, Lead Network Engineer, Low level network design. Network Analyst, Swinton Insurance, Swinton Group Limited, United Kingdom. July 2015 to December 2015
• Design and management of Quality of Service networks capable of hosting voice over IP services.
• Production of high quality network documentation, project plans and technology proposals following defined templates. Incident management and root cause analysis.
• Administration of LANDESK Management Suite, Solarwinds, PRTG Network Monitor, Websense.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of Spanning-Tree, Port security, HSRP, VLANs, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP Multicasting
• Configuration of Cisco Catalyst 3750, 3850 Switches, Cisco Nexus 2k, 5k and 7k. Implementation of Cisco Stack wise and Virtual Switching System VSS, VPC configuration, VDC configuration.
• A member of a 3rd line technical team with responsibility for a complex multi-site/multi-supplier LAN/WAN environment. Administration of Fortigate 50B
• Produce and maintain audit documentation for PCI/DSS compliance. IP Business To Business Engineer, TalkTalk Technology, United Kingdom. September 2014 to June 2015
• Commissioning of L2 and L3 IP VPN Circuits over MPLS, conducting speed tests on circuits using IXChariot network assessment tool.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF, HSRP, VLANs, DMVPN
• Configuration of Cisco Switches, Routers and Firewalls
• Traffic Shaping, Traffic Engineering, QoS. Implantation of ACL. Modular Policy Framework
• Liaise with external suppliers to ensure timely delivery of network upgrades and enhancements, provisioning of remote support to customers.
• Support network changes or upgrades (in conjunction with Operations), ensuring that they are implemented with minimal interruption to the end customer
Network Systems Engineer (Projects), ABB Telecoms, ABB Limited, United Kingdom. May 2013 to July 2014
• Project team member in a strong Matrix environment, to deliver power automation driven by intelligent network solution to the up-stream oil sector for liquefied natural gas projects. Working on pilot phases for the implementation of Detailed Functional Design Specification for the network integration of automated control systems. Documentation.
• Installation and configuration of Juniper 6350 routers, SRX 240, 550 firewalls, SSG 20, 140 firewalls. Configuration of address book and address set, applications and application sets, security zones and policies and firewall rules. High Availability configuration on Juniper Firewalls. VLAN configuration.
• Installation and configuration of Hirschman 1030 and 1040 switches, and Hirschman Tofino firewall, Eagle20. VMware Virtualization ESXi Hypervisor. RADIUS authentication
• Installation and configuration of Cisco routers and switches. IP address management using GestioIP.
• Clustering of Juniper SRX 240 Firewalls, Stacking of Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switches, configuration of Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switches. Configuration of STP.
• Network design and documentation, Configuration Management, Implementation of Access-List. Configuration of Netgear M5300-28G3 ProSafe.
• Conduct Factory Acceptance Test, Review of Project Queries and signing off of the FAT document.
• Switch migration for network upgrade, preparation of Method statement document for installation at site. LAN/WAN Engineer, Network Operations, Network Rail Telecoms, Network Rail, United Kingdom. April 2012 to March 2013
• Member, Network Operations Unit, monitoring over 3000 routers and switches and providing Layer 2 and Layer 3 support using various tools such as Cisco Works LAN Management Solution 3.2, Monitoring MPLS links
• Provisioning of Service Desk and IT Service Service Management using Assyst Enterprise 8.0 to manage Incident, Problem and Change Management. Used also for Configuration Management Database.
• WAN Links management using Vital Suite and Netflow Traffic Analyzer for SLA management, proactive as well as reactive incident management, Root cause/ trend analysis
• Troubleshooting of various faults on Routers 1700, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200 series, Cisco Catalyst Switches such as 2960, 3550, 3560, 3745,3750 amongst others, Cisco Nexus Switches and Firewalls ASA 5500 Series, Implementation of QoS
• Administration of RANCID for configuration files restoration on active devices. Administration of Cisco Access Control Server (ACS), Policy Based Routing. TACACS authentication.
• Administration of Cisco ASA 5520 using ASDM and implementation of firewall rules, troubleshooting of BGP, EIGRP, Site-to-Site VPN, Layer 3 security
• IP addressing implementation and administrations for the entire network, IP subnetting, route summarization (IPv4), VLAN Implementation, Network Segmentation, STP, HSRP, Layers 2 and 3 Switching, Layer 2 Security
• Identifying network changes needed due to part replacement to maintain performance and submitting changes for approval to the Change Team
Infrastructure Network Analyst, Information Technology and Telecommunications Unit, ChamsAccess Limited, Nigeria. May 2010 till December, 2011
• Design and implementation of network diagram spanning the LAN, telecom connectivity to providers, connectivity to over 1000 ATMs, connectivity to Network Operating Centre and Central Switch.
• Design and implementation of IP addressing scheme for the entire network and DNS administration, IP subnetting, route summarization (IPv4), VLAN Implementation, Network Segmentation, Layers 2 and 3 Switching, VoIP, OSPF, BGP, Data Centre/NOC Management
• Installation and configuration of Cisco 3800 series router, 2800 series router, 1841 router, 800 Series router, Cisco 2950 Catalyst Switch, Cisco 3560 Catalyst Switch, Cisco 6500 switch, Cisco ASA 5500 series, NAT Configuration, Access-List configuration
• Creating Policies, Processes and Procedure for the provisioning of telecommunication link to the various ChamsAccess Service Terminals.
• Infrastructure Resource Management (Asset Management/Inventory Management through the use of Configuration Management Database)
• Design, Implement and test approved changes following ITIL and PMI methodology.
• Vendor/Service Provider selection, engagement and management (Service Level Agreement).
• Led the unit for the ISO 9001:2008 Certification, Compliance with PCIDSS
• Took ownership of network faults escalated and ensured resolution within agreed time frames, troubleshooting all network faults using various techniques and tools, Network monitoring using Whatsup Gold.
• Identify, communicate and resolve all network faults in a timely and efficient manner to ensure all SLAs’ are met.
• Identifying network changes needed due to part replacement to maintain performance, writing procedures for carrying out the changes and submitting changes for approval to the Change Team
• Liaise with business clients, other teams and 3rd parties to develop business solutions.
• Project execution in both functional and matrix based environments, knowledge of project lifecycle, Stakeholder management, Requirements gathering, Conducting User Acceptance Tests (UAT). Infrastructure Network Specialist, Information Technology and Telecommunications Unit, ATM Consortium Limited, Nigeria. April 2004 to April 2010
• Setup, Installation and support of Cisco 3745 Router, Cisco 1721 Router, Cisco 2600 and 800 Series Router, Cisco PIX 515E, Cisco 2950 Switch, Huawei VPN Concentrator, 3Comm Super Stack III.
• VLAN implementation and support, Implementation of STP, RSTP, Network Segmentation
• IP address planning, design and administration, DNS administration. IP Subnetting, Route summarization, Layer 2 and 3 switching
• Setup, Installation and Configuration of HP Servers ProLiant DL 360, ProLiant ML 350. Installation and management of office LAN which include File Server, Exchange Server, ISA Server, FTP Server (on windows 2000), Desktops and Laptops.
• Monitoring of various VPNs to different vendors and various telecom link to ATMs using Whatsup Gold, ensuring uptime in line with the agreed SLA, SLA management
• Planned, directed and managed the implementation of Front End Processor for ATMC within scope, schedule and approved budget, and also defining major milestones, Compliance with PCIDSS
• Responsible for contract negotiation, purchase orders and providing coordination among vendors. Risk planning, identification and mitigation.
• Led the process for the migration of processing of QuickCash transaction from a foreign based processor to a locally based processor.
• Incident, problem and change management, responsible for the maintenance of the configuration management database (manual type).
• Design, Implement and test approved changes following ITIL Methodologies. Conducting User Acceptance Tests (UAT). Ensured backup links were tested and fully functional
• Preparation of weekly and monthly telecom link availability report for management
• Ensuring conformity with the agreed SLA with the various link providers, advising and implementation of Service Improvement Programs where necessary as an addendum to the SLA.
• Ownership of network faults escalations and ensured resolution within agreed time frames
• ATM support – First Level Maintenance, Vendor Management, SLA Management
• Participated in Dress Rehearsals, Pilot Phase and User Acceptance Tests for ATM Roll-Out project
• Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly telecom link availability report to the unit lead. Systems and Network Engineer – Tritech Computers Limited, Nigeria. April 2002- March 2004
• Design, Implementation and Maintenance of MAN, Campus Network, Wireless LAN and Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet Network, Network Integration and Implementation of Network Expansion.
• Installation and Configuration of Cisco Routers, Switches (1900 series and 3550), Bridges, Access Points
(Cisco and D-Link), and 3Com Super Stack Switches.
• System Upgrades (Windows NT to 2000, Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000) and Deployment of new Hardware to improve Server and Client-Side network performance.
• Installation, Configuration and Administration of Microsoft Back Office Products (Microsoft ISA Server, Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000)
• Network and System Support to Clients (Some with more than 200 users). Support of Microsoft exchange 5.5 and MS Outlook to over 200 users, DNS administration
• Installation, Configuration and Repairs of NAS (Network Attached Storage System) Dell servers (Dell PowerEdge 300, 1550, 2300, 2400, etc.) Workstations (Dell OptiPlex GX 50, 150, 240, etc.), Laptops (Dell Latitude Cpx, Cpi, Cpt, Dell Inspiron, etc.) and Storage Area Network.
• PC configuration and administration in a multi domain environment.
• System backup, implementation of anti-virus solution. EDUCATION
1993 - 1999 Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Nigeria B.Sc./Electronic and Electrical Engineering
1986-1992 Moremi High School Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Senior Secondary School Certificate
TRAINING AND SEMINARS
Plot 33, Olorunmbe Street, Wemabod Estate, Off Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos. Nigeria Course Title: Project Management Professional Training (PMP). March, 2010. HOBBIES
Reading, Watching Soccer and Listening to Music
Available on request
Switches: Cisco Catalyst switches ranging from 2950, 3550, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900 series to 6500 series, Cisco Nexus Switches, 3Com., Hirschmann 1030and 1040 switches. Routers: Cisco 1700/ 2600/ 2800, 3600, 3700, 3800, 7200 series amongst a few, Juniper 6350 Firewalls/ Proxy / VPN: Cisco Pix, Cisco ASA 5500. Juniper SRX240, SRX550 and Hirschmann Tofino Firewall. Hirschmann Eagle20, Working knowledge of site-site VPN, IPsec, Protocols: Working knowledge of TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, HSRP, GLBP, Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), IPv4, IPv6
Application /Software / OS: Very familiar and comfortable with Cisco IOS, CatOS, Junos, Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 2008, Microsoft Exchange 5.5,2000,2003, Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Visio.
LAN/WAN Technology: LAN Segmentation/ VLAN Administration, Ethernet, Frame-relay, HDLC, PPP ISDN, E1, T1, ADSL
Server Builds: HP ProLiant Server, Dell PowerEdge Server Series Backup Applications: Veritas Backup Exec
ITIL Management/ Monitoring / Troubleshooting: Working knowledge of Assyst enterprise 8.0, Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Whatsup Gold, Cisco Works, Vital Suites and Netflow Traffic Analyser.