Customer care and experiences are the foundation of my work and my life. As a result of both my work history as a Human Resource professional and my personal life experiences,it is always my goal to leave people in a better state than when they met me.
I hope you can see that my past experience is transferrable to the goals of your company.
Should you wish to discuss any details of my resume or have further questions, please reach out to me at 250-***-****.
RESUME OF : Judy Pirrotta
2017 - Current Regional Operations Human Resource Team Lead – RIO TINTO
• Partners with the operations management team on the business plans and identifies necessary human resources initiatives and plans to support them.
• Oversees the implementation of human resources programs and policies at the unionized site.
• Provides coaching to leaders to support effective workplace relationships and increase skill level in employee management. (1400 employees at site)
• Acts as an escalation point for human resource issues and recommends courses of action.
• Overall responsibility for HR service delivery, including issue resolution and driving process
2016-2017 HR ADVISOR – RIO TINTO
• Supporting operation with Interpretation of the collective agreement and managing day to day labour issues.
• Participating in development and training needs, performance appraisals, workforce planning, point of termination meetings, employee relations and human rights investigations
• Advising senior management, production operations and office personnel on matters relating to human resources.
• Advising and coaching management regarding policy interpretation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
• Coaching supervisors on absence management.
• Grievance process support and arbitration preparation
• Management of return to work practices.
• Administration of annual remuneration review for salaried employees.
• Support hiring leads in the recruitment of both internal and external resources
2005 - 2016 EMPLOYMENT, PAYROLL AND RTW SUPERVISOR – RIO TINTO
• Recruiter for staff and unionized positions both internal and external process.
• Develops recruitment strategy and sourcing options to meet the needs of the organization and reduce cycle time.
• Coach and develop interviewers, interpreted psychometric test results and provided formal feedback to internal candidates.
• Responsible for adhering to the collective labour agreement in regards to the usage and administration of temporary employees and transition employees.
• Managed summer student hiring program (average 85 students annually)
• Managed Return to Work program for unionized employees
1988 – 2001 Owner, Accurate Support Services
• Hired and developed personnel to provide administration services
• Created and implement business plans for both lateral and vertical business growth
• Built a customer base through networking and research of market needs
• Administer payroll
• Operated business successfully for 6 years – sold my partnership to work with Rio Tinto as a full time employee.
Northwest Community College - Business Administration
Rogen Si – Negotiation Skills
Leading for Success – Leadership Development
PMAC – Purchasing Certification
Registered Profession Recruiter Association – RPR designation
SFU – Trainer the Trainer
2017 RECOGNITION AWARD – DATA CLEANSE PROJECT
2015 BRAVO AWARD – KMP MODERNIZATION PROJECT – EMPLOYEE MOVEMENT
2013 BRAVO AWARD – HUMAN RESOURCES – HOURLY POSTING PROCESS
2011 BRAVO AWARD – SUMMER STUDENT PROCESS