A quick learner with experience working in challenging environments while maintaining unwavering attention to detail and a passion for customer service. I am a confident, bilingual professional with recognized skills in mentoring, leading teams and delivering expected results.
Canadian Armed Forces 1993-1999
Pearson Adult Career Centre, Montreal, QC 1993-1994
Dawson College, Montreal, QC 1989-1993
Centennial Regional High School, Montreal, QC 1989
Manuel Latruwe Belgian bakery, Calgary, AB 201*-****-****- Present
• Training, instructing, and mentoring new and existing team members.
• Production of assorted baked goods as per stringent quality control standards and within challenging timelines.
• Daily client consulting with regards to specific products and client needs, pricing, and special event scheduling.
• Inventory control
The Little Cupcake Shoppe, Calgary, AB 2012- 2014
Built a small business by:
• Developing company goals, researching and developing new products and exceeding sales targets. Planning and executing new marketing and advertising strategies.
• Hiring and training staff on company goals, policies and procedures, health and safety, and the production and design of various baked goods.
• Consulting/interacting with clients on a daily basis with regards to new products, special events and scheduling.
Rush Restaurant, Calgary, AB 2010-2012
• Creating new dessert menus according to seasonal and holiday themes.
• Training and mentoring the pastry team.
• Developed a bread program.
• Cost, pricing, and inventory control.
Chef de partie, Supervisor
Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal, QC 2000-2010
• Managed and supervised evening staff.
• Responsible for desserts for 5 hotel outlets.
• Created seasonal and themed dessert menus.
• Testing new recipes and ingredients from suppliers.
The Black Watch, reserves
Canadian Armed Forces, Montreal, QC 1993-1999
• Developed military skills in accordance with the Canadian Armed Forces training
requirements and expectations.
• Completed all necessary military training and developed artillery specialty skills within
the Canadian Armed Forces.
• Part time Pastry Teacher, Pearson Adult Career Center 2003-2008
• Assistant Pastry Chef, Montreal Convention Centre, 2001-2009
• Sales Associate, MEC Montreal, 2009-2010
• Montreal Food Bank Volunteer