KNOWLEDGEABLE LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR WITH DIRECTOR AND SUPERVIORY LEVEL EXPERIENCE. I have strong assessment, diagnostic, and treatment skills. A self-motivated and detail-directed problem solver with the ability to collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated record of: Mental Health Assessments: Treatment Plan Development; Crisis Intervention and Resolution, Individual and Group Counseling with a focus on both Mental Health and Substance Abuse. I have extensive experience in Utilization Review. I have a strong background in supervising staff both administrative and clinical.
Director of Utilization Management
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority - Dallas, TX July 2018 to March 2019
• Provide strategic direction and oversight of the day-today operations of the utilization management function(s) for the indigent population, ensuring that activities are appropriately aligned with mission objectives and strategic imperatives, as well as the mission and values of the company, while ensuring client safety.
• Provide day-to-day direction to UM staff including maintenance of adequate staffing, assurance of adequate staff training and ongoing education, and direction of the operations of the referral management, telephonic and onsite utilization management activities, and prior authorization functions inclusive of the timely notification of high-quality decisions. Provides clinical support and communicates with departmental and plan administrative staff to facilitate daily department functions, in accordance with State and contractual guidelines and the mission, philosophy and objectives.
• Direct and develop the UM program and ensure the success of UM functions through medical review and prior authorization, behavioral health management, inpatient and outpatient services.
• Direct and develop specialty programs to support and ensure success of the UM program, inclusive of innovative programs that emphasize and utilize collaborative work relationships, and internal and external partnerships; ensures compliance and administration of utilization policies through cost effective management of UM operations.
• Coordinate with other departments to identify workflow best practices and develop and implement improvement initiatives.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Providers to ensure organizational performance goals and quality measures are met.
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority - Dallas, TX
November 2016 to June 2018
• Authorizing, directing and monitoring care for mental health and substance abuse problems per clinical information and internal criteria for medical necessity and appropriateness of care.
• Determining patient risk and appropriate level of care based on the medical necessity review as well as, performing ongoing utilization review, authorization for all higher levels Inpatient (IP), Residential Treatment Center (RTC), Intensive Outpatient (IOP) of care (both psychiatric and chemical dependency.
• Ensuring compliance with all performance measures in regards to appeals, denials, higher level of care admission certification and concurrent review timeliness, readmission's, and others as indicated.
License Professional Counselor
TRANSICARE INC - Dallas, TX
February 2015 to November 2016
• Engaged clients and families through one on one and group counseling sessions as appropriate to facilitate success through the program
• Lead a team focused on clients originating from mental hospitals, jails and community referrals.
• Reported to Vice President of Clinical Operations to supervise a team of case managers and peers to provide continuum of care and meet organizational goals
• Assessed and diagnosed clients in locations such as jails and mental hospitals to determine strengths and possible barriers to treatment when creating and implementing treatment plans
• Provided case management services and treatment plans to approximately 60 clients at a time
• Provided ongoing feedback to clinics, hospitals, probation officers and other involved parties
• Assisted in North Star (insurance for indigent population) enrollment and provided referrals
• Supervised daily operations of a team of case managers and peers including work schedules, vacation planning and annual performance reviews while following best practices and procedures
Assistant Clinical Supervisor
Integrated Psychotherapeutic Services
November 2014 to March 2015
• Oversee night staff to assure quality client care. Provide one on one and group substance abuse counseling to a caseload of clients with a focus on Evidence based Counseling disputing irrational beliefs and restructuring thinking.
• Complete and provide documentation to client's referral source
Battering Intervention and Prevention Program (BIPP) Facilitator
SAFE HAVEN of TARRANT COUNTY - Arlington, TX
March 2013 to January 2015
• Provided total services for BIPP clients from initial intake assessment through group counseling program while working with probation officers and other program facilitators to ensure client success.
• Conducted initial intake assessment and interviews for potential clients
• Individual Counseling Sessions and Monitored and evaluated program effectiveness
• Ran group counseling and educational classes for batterers including male and female clients
• Completed and submitted required paperwork as required by law
• Maintained high standard of ethics and privacy
Adapt Crisis Services - Dallas, TX
November 2012 to October 2013
• Assess individuals in crisis for suicide risk, potential harm to self or others to determine level of care and resource needs.
• Assessed mental health of individuals experiencing crisis
• Provided resolution of crisis situations including suicide
• Engaged individuals with persistent mental health issues in person and over the phone during times of mental health emergencies with a focus on suicide intervention and prevention
• Collaborated with teammates and clinical manager to complete case conceptualization, evaluation, record keeping and community referrals
August 2010 to May 2015
• Prepare and teach psychology classes for non-traditional college students. Actively engage students with resourceful and energetic teaching strategies to bolster critical thinking and participation.
• Introduction to Psychology
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Personality Theories
• Cognitive Psychology
• Abnormal Psychology
• Interviewing Techniques
• Psychology of Gender
Shaw Custom Builders - Dallas, TX
August 2005 to May 2010
Managed day-to-day operations of small residential construction consulting business while providing project management services to clients for high-end construction and remodeling. Improved and managed relationships with vendors and subcontractors to expand the business' professional and client networks.
• Executed daily operations to maintain the highest quality work and standards set.
• Prepared project scopes, cost estimates, budgets and schedules for house building and repair projects.
• Prepared contracts with clients and conducted negotiations with vendors.
• Constructed and renovated houses and similar residential structures.
• Visited construction site and supervised work done by contractors.
• Completed all assigned projects, within budget and on time.
• Conducted in-depth inspection of all completed houses, before handing them over to clients.